shape
carat
color
clarity

Not happy with my ring

Cindyfrazzled11

Rough_Rock
Please help. It's only been 4 days since he proposed. I love this man soooo much. We talked marriage and he knew it's what I wanted. I thought he might be getting close to ready but was still shocked when he proposed. Proposal wasn't great but I can get over that. He was sincere and our love is amazing! But the ring is an issue. I have to wear it the rest of my life and I'm not happy. And it's a few complications most ladies don't have which make this even tougher. First of all, he added 2 sapphires to each side because it's my daughters birthstone. This part is pretty and so sweet but not what I wanted. And still ok with that part. Second tricky part is the center diamond is perfect! Perfect size and perfect quality...I mean PERFECT. He is extremely wealthy and spared no expense on this 20k platinum diamond ring. Problem is the band. It's just not me. It's very simple and boring. The band width is way to thin with very small diamonds down each side. The side view is ok except there is a weird toga like head band design. Several people have seen this ring and everyone is in awe of the diamond. But not one person has said it's a gorgeous or beautiful ring. So I know it's not just me. And I can see the shock in their face when they see it. My mom and best friends both immediately asked if I liked it and I said yes. Because it's a nice ring. But it's not me, not even close to what I wanted and I can't imagine wearing it for the rest of my life. I've been thinking of ways to jazz it up with a wedding band and I just can't see how it's possible. I don't know how and if I can tell him. He's my dream in every way! I don't want to hurt his feelings. We can talk about anything but I just don't think I can bring this up because I don't want to hurt him. I'm really appreciative of how thoughtful this was. And it's going to make me look like an ungrateful snob to anyone that knows how unhappy I am. And to people that have seen it and see it again if I try to trade it in or change it. It's a $20,000 ring! Help!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd give it more time. It might grow on you. My SO got me a purse that was SO not my style for my birthday. I was going to return it. A few days later and I couldn't part with it when it was time to return it because she picked it for me. Hopefully this happens for you, given a few more weeks of letting the sentimental aspect sink in. Good luck!

Kasumi_Goto

Rough_Rock
I wholeheartedly agree with HappyNewLife - give it time. The emotional and sentimental aspect will sink in and you will grow to appreciate the ring. Besides who said you have to wear it all your life and non stop? C'mon, it's $20,000 ring - you have to be careful! Wear it just on special occasions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results