shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about sizing

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.

Apparently I am a 5.75 and my eRing was sized at a 6.25 so it was quite loose. I got sizing beads put in. What size should my wedding band be? Its kind of weird when I try things on because everything feels tight because of the beads. I assume I'll get them removed but I dont know how to size my wedding band for now (which will be an eternity). do you think a 6 will be safe? sorry for the silly question!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yasssss, I have uneven sized ering and wedding bands and I notice it but it doesn't bother me. None of mine are matched so it doesn't matter if they sit higher or tighter on my finger. Since eternity bands can't be sized I would suggest getting the eternity band in size 6.25 too and have sizing beads put in it if it seems too loose.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Do you plan on having kids? I'm just asking as your fingers change/ swell when pregnant and after pregnancy. It can take years for them to go back to normal if you are lucky. Some it never happens. And then some have no issues at all (hate them). I would hesitate on getting an eternity unless you don't mind it may not be a forever wedding band.

Why did you do balls and not just resize your ring? 3/4 of a size is sort of a big difference.

As for your question I don't mind my eternity a bit loose since spinning isn't' an issue. If you are truly a 5.75, and that fits comfortable in the summer, then I would go for a 6.

bcavitt

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Are you going to have them soldered together? Soldered rings fit smaller as a size than separate rings, so consider that in your sizing decision.

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
SB621 said:
Do you plan on having kids? I'm just asking as your fingers change/ swell when pregnant and after pregnancy. It can take years for them to go back to normal if you are lucky. Some it never happens. And then some have no issues at all (hate them). I would hesitate on getting an eternity unless you don't mind it may not be a forever wedding band.

Why did you do balls and not just resize your ring? 3/4 of a size is sort of a big difference.

As for your question I don't mind my eternity a bit loose since spinning isn't' an issue. If you are truly a 5.75, and that fits comfortable in the summer, then I would go for a 6.

I didn't want to put too much pressure on the ring since its pave, and I didn't think I needed to resize for a 1/2 size, in case I gain weight or have kids I'd need to wiggle room and can take the beads out.

and yes a 5.75 is snug but comfortable in the summer, and will be a little looser later in the year. thanks for your advice, i think i will go with a 6!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
yasssss|1406080010|3718719 said:
SB621 said:

I didn't want to put too much pressure on the ring since its pave, and I didn't think I needed to resize for a 1/2 size, in case I gain weight or have kids I'd need to wiggle room and can take the beads out.

and yes a 5.75 is snug but comfortable in the summer, and will be a little looser later in the year. thanks for your advice, i think i will go with a 6!

Just say you want a loose 6. So just a tad bit over. Are you using a local jeweler? Typically a size 6 is the showroom standard so try it on and if it fits then you should be good to go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results