shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good buy? Please help!

prking21

Rough_Rock
I am considering buying an e-ring online. This is my first time looking at rings (and hopefully my last) so any help would be much appreciated! This stone falls in my budget and seems ok but I am not the best judge. He has sent me a 20x image of the stone that I will include. Here are the specs:

Carat Weight ............ 1.34 carat
Color Grade ............. J
Clarity Grade .................SI1
Cut Grade .................. Excellent
Polish ......................... Very Good
Symmetry .................. Excellent
Fluorescence ....................... Fain

Depth:60
Table:60
Crown:33.5
Pavilion: 41

It scored a 1.7 which I seems is pretty good but I have also heard a 60/60 is not ideal. The jeweler did say that he "spoke with the cutter and the stone is 100% eye clean" Does this seem like a good buy?

d12948977_0.jpg

ArdenJewelers

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, here are a couple things to think about for this stone.

• Who certified the diamond? GIA, EGL, AGS? If it's none of those, I would be a bit skeptical of the accuracy.
  • 60/60 is more personal preference. If you like the large reflection a bigger table (60%) gives, it's a good way to go.
  • Scoring a 1.7? What does the seller mean by that? It's not a grading standard that GIA uses.
  • From the picture, the inclusion looks fairly easy to see at the 1:00 position halfway between the outside edge (girdle) and the center of the diamond.That may or may not be eye clean. You would have to look at it in person to know for sure.

Hopefully that helps, and good luck with your diamond purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results