shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I make the right choice diamond for my price range?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a return policy on it?
If you do, and it is not mindclean, then return it.

yolosuarez

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy, I mean I would say it is "mindclean" in terms of the inclusions...however, in referencing from seeing a similar diamond that is medium blue vs strong blue I did see more "white" towards the center of the table when compared to the medium blue who was more clear in the center of the table.

Also, with both stones being a J, will the strong fluor face up whiter than the medium fluor even tho the center is clearer when viewing both diamonds loose?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One vendor poopooing another vendor's diamond tells you nothing, absolutely NOTHING, about the diamond.

It tells you plenty about the vendor though, and it's not good.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
yolosuarez|1405141786|3711845 said:
Hi Gypsy, I mean I would say it is "mindclean" in terms of the inclusions...however, in referencing from seeing a similar diamond that is medium blue vs strong blue I did see more "white" towards the center of the table when compared to the medium blue who was more clear in the center of the table.

Also, with both stones being a J, will the strong fluor face up whiter than the medium fluor even tho the center is clearer when viewing both diamonds loose?

Okay so you took your BGD stone to an appraiser. Was it an independent appraiser?
And the appraiser has a J with Strong Blue. And compared your J with Medium Blue.
And you saw that yours under the loupe was slightly hazy as compared to the Strong Blue which was clear.

And that bothered you. So it is no longer mind clean.

So that's what I meant.

The question is, does the haziness that you saw with a loupe affect the diamond when it is being viewed under normal conditions. If the answer is yes, then for me that's a stone I would return. If it is not affecting the stone under normal viewing conditions then for me, it would be okay.

The question is. Do you have a return policy? I remember you saying that it was final sale.

And, where are you located.

yolosuarez

Rough_Rock
Yes it was an independent appraiser I live in Virginia. The appraiser showed me a J medium fluor as I had a Strong blue. I was wondering if the strong usually is supposed to be more "white" compared to the medium which was more "clear" towards the middle. Yes I did talk to Grace I have until Monday. I will be spending more time today looking at the stone in different lighting situations bc todays weather is more diamond friendly so hopefully it'll help.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the diamond is beautiful and knowing it is a BGD I am sure it will be a great performing diamond. I would be concerned about being able to see the inclusion sometimes or if I noticed haziness in it. Once I notice an inclusion or hazy spot in something I see it all the time and then I wish I bought something else.

Check it out in all sort of lighting this weekend. I hope it passes all of your visual tests. Our local hardware store have great lights for diamonds.

ETA:
Wink has a few videos on his education page on how to look at a diamond you may find helpful.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=sitbi

yolosuarez

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone I just wanted to keep everyone updated on the diamond. I have decided to return the BGD because when comparing to other fluor diamonds and the appraisal it was found to have some "milkiness" to the stone. It was unfortunate but Grace has been oh so very helpful throughout and I would more than recommend her for anybody making a future purchase!!

So the main topic, I am back to the drawing board and I need your help, please help me find a round 2.5carat or closest to that weight with the best cut you could find that's eye-clean and has at most medium fluor. My main budget for the loose stone is 20-21k. I'm shying away from strong fluor as the BGD was a little milky in the middle, but if any of you have recommendations I will definitely look at all of them!

yolosuarez

Rough_Rock
JulieN|1405380961|3713301 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5074828-2.52-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-SI1-clarity.aspx
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5041342-2.54-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-VS1-clarity.aspx
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5104477-2.69-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-SI2-clarity.aspx

I kind of like the VS1... no fluoresence since you may be sensitive (BGD Blues are already screened for haziness) and VS1 will be totally eye clean.

Hi Julie! Thanks for your post I was looking at the VS1 as well. I may be splitting hairs here but I guess I may specified my preferences wrong. I guess I'm looking at the best "quality" I can get for my budget as my 2.5 carat preference must not be feasible with an excellent cut? The VS1 scored a 4.0 on the HCA, should that be of concern or did the asset and idealscope do this diamond justice?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is one of those hca makes it worse than it looks. Happens all the time. Search forum for AGS 0 leakage bad HCA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results