carat
color
clarity

1.5 carat mahenge set

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1404839837|3709041 said:
Nice! Are those the silky outdoor pictures or the clear indoor pictures? Just trying to set a frame of reference.

Thanks Chrono, I took the first photo with the new camera in my car, on a sunny day, so partial shade. I'll try to get an indoor photo, the stone is more orangy red indoors under fluorescents or incandescents, but still very bright, no brown.

The second photo of the two rings together was in full sun, while I was taking an early afternoon walk. They both have amazing fluorescence, which I love, but yes, the fluor does add to the silky look.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more pic with a three stone ring that has more pink colored mahenges and a mint garnet in the middle.

I love mint green and hot pink. :naughty:

tltworings4.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh-oh-oh! Luuurve the three stone - I must have missed that somewhere in my absenteeism.
You take such good close-ups TL, it's fabulous that you now have a camera to clearly capture your lovely rings.

Looking forward to heaps more piccies :clap:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin|1404876675|3709491 said:
Oh-oh-oh! Luuurve the three stone - I must have missed that somewhere in my absenteeism.
You take such good close-ups TL, it's fabulous that you now have a camera to clearly capture your lovely rings.

Looking forward to heaps more piccies :clap:

Thanks Starzin. :)) I only take closeups because I hate showing my fingers, especially when they swell up on hot humid days. :knockout:

Unfortunately for me, I found my new camera does closeups a bit too well, and I saw facet abrasion on another spinel that I wear all the time and I am careful with. :blackeye:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my...LOVE the color of the stones.

Lust...Want...Why I am trying not to read any of these threads :wall:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I can relate because I have my mother's fingers - "fat pads" at the back of the finger, which spreads around the front too. I would have quite slim fingers if it weren't for that :((

Unfortunately for me, I found my new camera does closeups a bit too well, and I saw facet abrasion on another spinel that I wear all the time and I am careful with. :blackeye:
Oh no! *gasp* I'm so sorry to hear that.
It's sooo disappointing to discover something like that when you've tried to be careful. I do feel for you TL :(sad

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lilmosun!!

Starzin|1404877835|3709507 said:
I can relate because I have my mother's fingers - "fat pads" at the back of the finger, which spreads around the front too. I would have quite slim fingers if it weren't for that :((

Oh no! *gasp* I'm so sorry to hear that.
It's sooo disappointing to discover something like that when you've tried to be careful. I do feel for you TL :(sad

Well, in the end, you have to put these things in perspective I guess. It's just a stone, not a loved one. I just lost a family pet on the Fourth of July, and that was just heartbreaking. :blackeye: I can always get the spinel repolished I suppose, not a major catastrophe in the grand scheme of things, but boy this camera really does take good closeups. If it weren't for the camera, I'd have no idea and what you don't know can't hurt you, right? ;)) Thank you though.

My fingers became horrible from age and having babies. They used to be nicer, and the weather isn't helping, but again, there are far worse things to worry about.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of camera did you get TL?

Your new spinel ring is making me antsy for mine! I think they are roughly the same size? Did you mention where you got the setting? It's really pretty.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Well, in the end, you have to put these things in perspective I guess. It's just a stone, not a loved one. I just lost a family pet on the Fourth of July, and that was just heartbreaking. :blackeye:
So true TL. I'm so sorry to hear about your family pet because they do become so much a part of us it is indeed heartbreaking to lose them. Hopefully you can remember their beautiful and funny antics instead of the sadness of missing them.

I can always get the spinel repolished I suppose, not a major catastrophe in the grand scheme of things, but boy this camera really does take good closeups. If it weren't for the camera, I'd have no idea and what you don't know can't hurt you, right? ;)) Thank you though.
You have good priorities :)) I felt the same about a tourmaline when I got a loupe! Oh my :knockout:

My fingers became horrible from age and having babies. They used to be nicer, and the weather isn't helping, but again, there are far worse things to worry about.
:lol: I'm sure that they're nowhere near that bad but we're all so self-critical. Again you're right...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Freke,
The setting is from Jewelryhoo on ebay, I had it customized for the stone.

I bought the cheapest latest Nikon point and shoot. I forget the model number at the moment. I always get Nikons as I'm used to how they work.

Thanks again Starzin. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the Mahenge craze is revived on PS again, I have you to blame for it. :nono: :bigsmile:

Sorry about the loss of your family pet. It can be unexpectedly hard for the family to cope with it as we've become accustomed to their daily presence.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1404996265|3710384 said:
If the Mahenge craze is revived on PS again, I have you to blame for it. :nono: :bigsmile:

Sorry about the loss of your family pet. It can be unexpectedly hard for the family to cope with it as we've become accustomed to their daily presence.

Thanks Chrono. He was a very special creature, and I will never have another one like him.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incandescent light with my other two favorite mahenge spinel rings.

tl_three_mahenge_rings.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Your mint is amazing, and I have always loved that pink trilliant.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
TL that trio is GORGEOUS!!! :love: :drool: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, gorgeous mahenge set and amazing color combination. Love!!! :love:

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved family member. My heart goes out to you. Sending gentle (((hugs))) your way.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL, I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. Loosing close animals is heart breaking.

I love these pictures of your gems, they're so life like. Thanks for sharing! I instantly come to think of so many lovelies from your collection that I'd love to see pictures of, taken with this new camera. Do you still have that huge minty garnet heart and the big medium light blue round sapphire? :naughty: It's almost like seeing the gems in these pics irl. I'm getting the urge to wear all of my mahenge jewelry at once.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, all of your pieces are just beautiful - the stones are downright yummy and the settings are lovely - what a pleasure to view your collection. :love:

I am so very sorry about the loss of your pet, sending comforting thoughts to you during this difficult period.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pregcurious, Starzin, Missy, Mariedtiger, Junebug,
Thank you for the kind words on my ring, and thanks for all the comforting words regarding my recently deceased pet. I apppreciate it.

Mariedtiger,
I still have the mint heart and the large round sapphire, but I haven't done a new photo shoot with them yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results