shape
carat
color
clarity

Please don't assume we remember everything you've posted

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1402870925|3693773 said:
I try. BUT it's soooooo hard to remember all. If I have a doubt I will ask...

NOW after being here almost 10 years the only Canadian I can recal is Canuckgal...

And she always had had the best taste in jewlelry and my first mentor!!!! :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1402868509|3693760 said:
Kenny, I'm relying on you to remember where I live in case I have a seniorita moment.

Jimmi
red house with blue front door
2 blocks from Rural Route 7

thanks in advance! :wavey:

Next time I'm in Nigeria, I'll say Hi! :wavey:

screen_shot_2014-06-15_at_2.png

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1402871505|3693777 said:
Kaleigh|1402870925|3693773 said:
NOW after being here almost 10 years the only Canadian I can recal is Canuckgal...

Hey, that's cheating. :lol:

Hey, with my excellent memory I remember where San Diego Lady and Phoenix live. :mrgreen:[/quote

Give me a list....

Thinking Food is the thing here.... Gotta think on that.... We know the bling x10... Food yes but everyone has a fave, or makes a speciallty. Like you did for breakfast.... :read:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have a very good memory of where people say they are from.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1402848967|3693653 said:
Come on, al, you don't really believe that. That's an extremely xenophobic statement and not one I would expect of someone of your sophistication. You can't really believe that everyone from a country other than the United States posts with the intention of criticizing the United States unfairly.

Deb
:wavey:

Deb, seriously.......don't get in over your head here, because you'd be dead wrong. I'm the last thing from xenophobic, and I don't think that *everyone* not from this country offers unfair criticism. Suffice to say there have been several threads recently where the self-righteousness and slights have just been a bit over the top for me.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1402875742|3693813 said:
AGBF|1402848967|3693653 said:
Come on, al, you don't really believe that. That's an extremely xenophobic statement and not one I would expect of someone of your sophistication. You can't really believe that everyone from a country other than the United States posts with the intention of criticizing the United States unfairly.

Deb, seriously.......don't get in over your head here, because you'd be dead wrong. I'm the last thing from xenophobic, and I don't think that *everyone* not from this country offers unfair criticism. Suffice to say there have been several threads recently where the self-righteousness and slights have just been a bit over the top for me.

I'm not sure what you really mean, al, except for the threat not to get in over my head. That was clear. And the statement that you are not xenophobic. That was clear, too, and credible. I never thought you were.

What you posted above (and didn't quote), however, implied that Pricescopers liked to leap on Americans and accuse them, unfairly, of all kinds of evil.

What I do not understand is what you mean by this statement: "I'm the last thing from xenophobic, and I don't think that 'everyone' not from this country offers unfair criticism. Suffice to say there have been several threads recently where the self-righteousness and slights have just been a bit over the top for me.".

I am not trying to say that you are wrong; I am trying to get you to elucidate. If you were not referring to everyone, to which group of people were you referring? Which threads or genre of threads have bothered you? What was the nature of the self-righteousness and the slights that upset you? I am not saying that these things did not occur. I am asking you to say where they occurred. But, of course, you do not need to post anything simply because I ask you to do so.

Deb
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1402883123|3693889 said:
I just found this thread, which is currently on fire here on Pricescope. I now think I know why this thread is so controversial. It is getting the spillover of feeling from that thread of which I was unaware. Never mind answering me. Clearly the drama is taking place there.

Other thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/people-begging-t203007-90.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/people-begging-t203007-90.html[/URL]

Deb
:saint:

I will answer you.

There was no threat from me at all; I've never threatened anyone, and I'm not about to start now, so perhaps it was less "clear" than you thought. It was merely meant to say that you don't have all the facts, so best to reserve judgment.

Further, it's not one thread. There have been a series of threads where it seems disagreement with the U.S. legislative ideology here has devolved into a license to just sling insults and generally malign. That's what I take issue with. People who are really interested in suggesting improvements and having a true exchange of ideas realize that repeatedly insulting the very people you claim to be trying to enlighten probably isn't the most successful path to get there.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1402884180|3693898 said:
AGBF|1402883123|3693889 said:
I just found this thread, which is currently on fire here on Pricescope. I now think I know why this thread is so controversial. It is getting the spillover of feeling from that thread of which I was unaware. Never mind answering me. Clearly the drama is taking place there.

Other thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/people-begging-t203007-90.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/people-begging-t203007-90.html[/URL]

Deb
:saint:

I will answer you.

slight thread hijack - I swore the next time I saw your avatar, aljiwey, I would ask what kind of a dog that is! :confused:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1402781974|3693303 said:
Rant #2

Don't say you live in "South Bay".
When I see that I wonder, "Which South Bay?"

Do you realize how many bays the world has?
98.235% of them have land to the south.

LMBO! :lol:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1402783500|3693311 said:
mayerling|1402783372|3693310 said:
Kenny, am I correct in assuming that this post is about me?

The suggestion offered in this thread is for anyone who has mentioned where they live and assume everyone remembers it so they don't have to remind us when location is key to their post.

I've already addressed that I respect everyone's privacy and am not asking for more location info than they have already voluntarily revealed in the past.

Most boards have an option to include your location as part of your profile, and it displays under your userid and avatar if the user options are set to do that. Maybe PS can add that feature, now that we are becoming more "global."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1402914301|3694050 said:
slight thread hijack - I swore the next time I saw your avatar, aljiwey, I would ask what kind of a dog that is! :confused:

I believe he may be a snow dog.

Deb ;))

alsdog.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my he is a gorgeous dog!!! that is quite the picture.... :love: :love: :love: what is his name?? :wavey:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
JimmiAnne and Sarah - he's a Sheltie (Shetland sheepdog) - think miniature Lassie. His name was Nicky, and he was literally my heart for all the years he was with me.

Thanks, Deb, for adding the photo; brought happy tears to my eyes to see it. We lost him last year in March to cancer, and the void in our house is still enormous even today. It brought a smile to my Monday to see it - thank you.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey, such a beautiful dog! I had a sheltie growing up. She was such a sweetheart. We all cried when she went out back and laid in the sun for the last time.

original topic I always think I remember where posters are located, then the topic comes up and I'm confused with all the places I've made up for everyone.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nicky, what a good looking dog, he looks so kind! Sorry for your loss... :(sad

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kindness, ladies. It's nice to talk about him. KaeK, nice to meet a fellow sheltie owner - we're a bit fanatical, I know, but with really good cause. They're just awesome dogs.

I've owned 3 including Nicky, but I will say he was heads/shoulders (or maybe tail/paws) above all others. He is the heart dog of my life, I think - the really special one that nothing else compares to, and I was blessed he was mine. :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1403030652|3695108 said:
I've owned 3 including Nicky, but I will say he was heads/shoulders (or maybe tail/paws) above all others. He is the heart dog of my life, I think - the really special one that nothing else compares to, and I was blessed he was mine. :bigsmile:

Big hugs, Nicky's Mama. He was gorgeous and clearly a very smart fellow as well as good looking!​
(((alj)))​
Deb​

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1403030652|3695108 said:
Thanks for the kindness, ladies. It's nice to talk about him. KaeK, nice to meet a fellow sheltie owner - we're a bit fanatical, I know, but with really good cause. They're just awesome dogs.

My great-grandma had a sheltie. She was the sweetest dog ever! Just amazing.

Sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful dog. Love the snow picture!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results