shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you wear to work?

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1402765699|3693189 said:
Dress pants, a nice dressy tank and a cardigan. And black knee-his with black flat close-toed shoes. I work in a hospital and have to cover all my tattoos. I don't mind, though, since it's always FREEZING in my office. In the summer, I shed the cardigan and switch to flip-flops when I leave, so I'm not sweltering in the car.

Occasionally I'll wear a dress with leggings (still with the knee-his and flats and a cardigan), but not often since I normally clip my keys to the waistband of my pants and have no where to put them if I'm wearing a dress.

My last corporate job I had to carry a security pass at all times as it was locked doors everywhere. The choice was clip to the waistband or wear on a (very ugly) lariat around my neck. I hated both options as I would choose my clothes and accessories with care every morning and resented having to sport a hideous bright blue cord thing as a necklace. So for 2 years I carried the darned thing in my hand everywhere I went and managed to leave it everywhere. But I never actually lost it.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a teacher in NYC and we don't have a dress code. There are teachers who dress very professionally and then there are those like me who where sweats and t-shirts or jeans and anything. I teach special ed so I tend to go for comfortable stretchy clothes since I can be on my feet running all around at times. The one thing we're not supposed to wear is flip flops since they're not safe if you have to run after a kid.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Northern office day - my Northern office is in a Planning Commission: Business casual with no meetings (Maxi dresses, sandals and summer sweaters are my comfort go-to) appropriate business attire otherwise (Blazer, dress slacks, appropriate shell/dress shirt, flats).

Southern office day: my office is a hidey-hole of wonderful in a basement of an outbuilding :). Jeans and business casual tunic top if I will not be seen, otherwise business casual if I need to visit the main office. I keep a guilty alt for pants when I wear jeans, just incase. An important meeting calls for full business attire and I dress like a grown-up.

I like jeans the best :)

Kenny :lol: :lol: :lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MishB|1402810201|3693513 said:
Lil Misfit|1402765699|3693189 said:
Dress pants, a nice dressy tank and a cardigan. And black knee-his with black flat close-toed shoes. I work in a hospital and have to cover all my tattoos. I don't mind, though, since it's always FREEZING in my office. In the summer, I shed the cardigan and switch to flip-flops when I leave, so I'm not sweltering in the car.

Occasionally I'll wear a dress with leggings (still with the knee-his and flats and a cardigan), but not often since I normally clip my keys to the waistband of my pants and have no where to put them if I'm wearing a dress.

My last corporate job I had to carry a security pass at all times as it was locked doors everywhere. The choice was clip to the waistband or wear on a (very ugly) lariat around my neck. I hated both options as I would choose my clothes and accessories with care every morning and resented having to sport a hideous bright blue cord thing as a necklace. So for 2 years I carried the darned thing in my hand everywhere I went and managed to leave it everywhere. But I never actually lost it.
I also have to carry an ID at all times so if I'm wearing a dress, I'll either wear a decorative belt and clip the ID to it or clip it to bottom of a cardigan. The last work dress I bought has side pockets. What a novel idea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results