shape
carat
color
clarity

Another newbie, can you help with opinions?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is most definitely an excellent diamond!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1401162321|3680709 said:
It is most definitely an excellent diamond!

Hi BeeGeez and welcome!

You might be named after my favourite singing trio! Thank you also for your very kind words about the community here, they are the best!

That's a great diamond you picked, as The Seeker rightly says, it's an excellent diamond and I don't think you could go wrong with it. I colour and VS clarity are also good choices I believe. Is it intended for a ring?

proto

Shiny_Rock
solid choice!

BeeGeez

Rough_Rock
Lorelei|1401186814|3680795 said:
Hi BeeGeez and welcome!

You might be named after my favourite singing trio! Thank you also for your very kind words about the community here, they are the best!

That's a great diamond you picked, as The Seeker rightly says, it's an excellent diamond and I don't think you could go wrong with it. I colour and VS clarity are also good choices I believe. Is it intended for a ring?

Yes - "Staying Alive" was playing in the adjacent room when I decided to finally register. My mom is visiting and she was watching the movie Airplane and it was in the movie. I always struggle with finding a good user name, but this one seems to fit. :D

I'm hoping to use this diamond in either a 3 or 5 stone ring. I've loved 3 stone rings forever (I pretty much stalked the 3 stone thread for a year), but a couple of recent posts here (like Sweetpeas' gorgeous 3 stone ring!) made me think now is the time. When we married I just had a simple channel set band made. Now, after paying off grad school, buying a house, 2 kids, etc, I'm looking for an upgrade.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeeGeez|1401193357|3680854 said:
Lorelei|1401186814|3680795 said:
Hi BeeGeez and welcome!

Yes - "Staying Alive" was playing in the adjacent room when I decided to finally register. My mom is visiting and she was watching the movie Airplane and it was in the movie. I always struggle with finding a good user name, but this one seems to fit. :D

I'm hoping to use this diamond in either a 3 or 5 stone ring. I've loved 3 stone rings forever (I pretty much stalked the 3 stone thread for a year), but a couple of recent posts here (like Sweetpeas' gorgeous 3 stone ring!) made me think now is the time. When we married I just had a simple channel set band made. Now, after paying off grad school, buying a house, 2 kids, etc, I'm looking for an upgrade.

Anything to do with the Bee Gees is a ok with me and I think your user name definitely fits. :praise:

Good for you with wanting to do this, sounds like it's definitely time now for you to get the ring of your dreams! What do you plan to do with the other two diamonds, have Brian G suggest two that match? It's a very exciting project!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought there was an album called Gold and Diamonds, how apropos!

geebies.jpg

BeeGeez

Rough_Rock
Lorelei|1401195744|3680874 said:
Good for you with wanting to do this, sounds like it's definitely time now for you to get the ring of your dreams! What do you plan to do with the other two diamonds, have Brian G suggest two that match? It's a very exciting project!

Brian G suggested these 2 to pair with the center stone:
http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.244-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104069440022
http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.241-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104069440029

It's a small project by PS standards, but I couldn't be more excited. It means a lot to me that my husband wants to make this splurge (it was his idea) after hearing me ramble on and on about rings I admired over the years.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeeGeez|1401197408|3680883 said:
Lorelei|1401195744|3680874 said:

Brian G suggested these 2 to pair with the center stone:
http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.244-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104069440022
http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.241-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104069440029

It's a small project by PS standards, but I couldn't be more excited. It means a lot to me that my husband wants to make this splurge (it was his idea) after hearing me ramble on and on about rings I admired over the years.

I can certainly understand your excitement and this is actually going to be a major project with very healthy size stones! :love: That your Husband is enthusiastic too makes it all the more special, what a sweet man to help make your dream come true! The 2 Brian suggested look super, you won't go wrong with his advice and your ring is going to be absolutely beautiful. Looks like your dream ring is almost a reality. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results