shape
carat
color
clarity

Age of this vintage ring???

jacintajaye

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I recently received this ring as an engagement ring (lucky me!) and was hoping to find out some more info of its history.

It was bought from an antique store yet unfortunately they were not that forthcoming with information other than saying it is approximately 100 years old.

The information I do know is from the valuation as follows:

One x 18ct yellow gold and white gold, stamped "18ct" handmade, half round style 1.8-2.3mm tapered band. Beat set shoulders, cluster claw set.
Aquamarine and Diamond ring total item weight = 4.6 grams.
Aquamarine One = 1.85 carats. Cut: Pear, Light Blue, Clarity: eye clean
Diamonds Twelve = 1.04 carats total. Measuring 10x 3mm and 2x1.7mm. Cut: Round Old European. Colour: H. Clairty: SI-PI

Any if you may have of its history would be greatly appreciated!

Jacinta.

image_4_2.jpeg

_211.jpeg

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! The ring looks gorgeous on your hand, beautiful color and shape!

The only info I have for you is that 18CT/18ct is used by The Commonwealth countries as a gold stamp, so it would originate from one of those areas.

I have a few English art deco era pieces that are stamped "18CT" that are definitely UK origin, as they also have assay office marks stamped inside the band. Are there any other marking inside the band?

MT7799

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring, hopefully there are some other hallmarks on the inside of the ring that could give some more info. Only other idea is to ask the store how they acquired it? Maybe an estate sale etc. and trace its origin back through ownership and sending letters out to the family that previously owned the ring.

jacintajaye

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply's. Unfortunately the 18ct is the only marking on it. The store told me they acquired it from an Antique broker....great idea, I will try ringing again and see if they can trace it back a bit more for me and perhaps give me their contact details.

Kind regards,

Jacinta.

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Please come back and fill us in if you find out any new information Jacinta! Good luck! 8)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful, I love it!!!!! Can you get some closer pics of the sides of it so we can see the basket? This sometimes helps to identify the age of pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results