shape
carat
color
clarity

Mor creepy/inappropriate vintage advertising.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy...these are hysterical. You have the sense of humor of a ghoul! A blot clot on toast?

Deb
:wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg so much win.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The especially creepy pedophilia advertising would NOT fly today.. very very creepy...

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
That peanut pie looks delicious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1390348933|3598047 said:
That peanut pie looks delicious.

I was thinking the same thing. :lickout:

The rest, ewww. :-o Creepy! But funny (in a creepy way).

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wtf were we thinking in the 70's? The Love's Baby Soft ads are beyond the pale. Remember this TV commercial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7IP5SV6GqQ I remember watching it and thinking nothing of it, really. :shock:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Um, wow! Somehow I can't imagine those adds having the effect the creators thought they would!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My fave is the Marlboro one. I did not realize one could feel "over-smoked" and that Marlboros could fix that!!! lol

Anne

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the Marlboro one is amazing isn't it?

A baby and the message "can you afford NOT to smoke". REALLY???

Well at least now I know who to blame for all my lung problems -- directly a result of second hand from my smoker mother.

Deb, not really. I was HORRIFIED by that one. And okay... so I did giggle a little. It TOTALLY looks like blood on toast! I mean come on, put some strawberry seeds on there or something to make it look like something other than blood clots!

The Loves one made my stomach lurch. No humor there.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1390368447|3598289 said:
Deb, not really. I was HORRIFIED by that one. And okay... so I did giggle a little. It TOTALLY looks like blood on toast! I mean come on, put some strawberry seeds on there or something to make it look like something other than blood clots!

No offense intended, Gypsy. I was amused by it (although also grossed out), myself! ;))

Deb

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow. The Loves one is just... I have no words.
Other than that, they used to advertise stuff that would make you gain weight?? :-o

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1390405981|3598526 said:
Gypsy|1390368447|3598289 said:

No offense intended, Gypsy. I was amused by it (although also grossed out), myself! ;))

Deb

And no offense taken. Internet and tone is hard to convey much of the time. :wavey:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Is the naked fedora baby Amy Poehler?? Looks just like her. :o

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
That Love's commercial is nasty. Just awful.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Those loves babysoft ads are sooo creepy! I remember them being in magazines when I was a kid.

And what the heck is succulent blood-clot from the first ad? Was that a real thing?? Blood clot dinner? Ewwwwwww!!!!!! Enough to make you want to be a vegetarian.

I am going to show these to my daughter when she gets home from high school! Her teacher was talking about advertising the other day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results