Calling LD and Other Jewelry Makers

coolmata

Rough_Rock
Trade
this is my favorite

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....All these wire wrapping is making me wonder whether this is a good alternative to setting very soft stones as pendants. There is less stress on the stone (prong-less) and it is still very beautiful and wearable.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1399980689|3671578 said:
Hmmm....All these wire wrapping is making me wonder whether this is a good alternative to setting very soft stones as pendants. There is less stress on the stone (prong-less) and it is still very beautiful and wearable.

Yes it's a perfect way of doing it. This is a selfie of me wearing a moonstone pendant that has no drill holes and it is held in by the frame at different points. I've made a necklace with apatite, another with opals etc.

I made an Elvish type necklace using coated quartz but with a bit of adaptation it would be possible to add stones that didn't have drill holes.

moonstone_pendant2.jpg

elvish_style_pendant.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite pieces!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
George - you must get a lot of satisfaction taking your pieces from rough to wearable with the addition of your wire wrapping skills - lovely pieces :appl:

LD - still proceeding in leaps and bounds with lovely pieces I see :)) You must have doubled your wardrobe of jewellery in the last 6 months! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice work LD.

I don't have the patience, nor the creativity.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1400034757|3672257 said:
Very nice work LD. I don't have the patience, nor the creativity.

That's me to a tee. But that doesn't preclude me from appreciating all the beautiful handmade work here. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results