shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie post - Vintage Retro Engagement Ring Mystery

Rrcanham

Rough_Rock
Hi,
My boyfriend and I recently found the perfect engagement ring and do I mean perfect! When I found that it had a markers stamp on the inside band I was thrilled to learn the history of the jeweler make as well as find other pieces they had created. I was able to find out that the insignia was the mark of the jeweler Frederick Goldman. From what I've been able to find via google that the jewelry has a history of making wedding rings and thats about all I've been able to really dig up. I haven't been able to find anything out about when they started making engagement rings if they discontinued making them or even be able to find comparables that are being sold. In all of my searching I stumbled across this forum and you guys seemed very knowledgable so I figured it was worth a shot.

Stats:
Center - 1.14 ct I1/1 ( looks much closer to SI2 - but the jeweler grades very hard)
sidestones - .69 ct I/VS2
total - 1.83

(Hopefully the pictures come thru)

Thanks so much!!

ring_3_10.jpg

ring_5_0.jpg

ring_2_6.jpg

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rrcanham! Welcome to PS!!

What exactly is the mystery? Are you hoping for info on the stone cut or during what time period it was made? Or something else?

Rrcanham

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Thank you! sorry I should of been a little more clear. I'm looking to find out more information on the history of Frederick Goldman engagement rings. For example when they started, when they stopped, if they were popular, if people have seen a bunch for sale, etc. based on the design it looks like 1950s but I'd love to see if I can find out more information on who made it.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results