shape
carat
color
clarity

Breaking up w/hair stylist - tips to find a new one?

Sayde64

Rough_Rock
Enerchi,I am glad you found a new great stylist.

It has been a long time since the last post on your thread but just thought I would add my two cents -- just in case any readers are in a similar situation.

I have been going to Supercuts - just -- forever. It works for me. The two things that I think make it work -- first, you are almost always having your hair cut by someone who has never cut your hair before. This is actually a contributor to success, I think, because they assume nothing! They have no memory of any prior hair cut to work off. They really want you to tell them exactly what to do. They have no notions about being creative -- they just want to execute what you ask for, with no surprises.

The second factor -- you have to say exactly what you want. Exactly. Leave no room for interpretation.

I have never had color so that's not an issue, but I am very particular about the way I want it cut.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah, the layers argument....sigh.

I went through that many years ago.....was growing my hair out to one length.
and I was going to a very expensive shop in Los Altos!
the last time she cut my hair she started to layer and I Once Again Told Her Specifically, "remember, I'm trying to grow my hair out to one length" and I stopped her. her response? "oh, I didn't think you'd like it all one length". then why the hell didn't she discuss it with me the prior times before she just did it anyway. that day she did not layer....and I never went back. I was paying over $100 for a haircut I didn't even want.

now? Great Clips for me, baby. they do what they're told to do and what I want is simple enough: take two inches off the bottom and no layering!

eta: over the years I did try other stylists but for many years my hair has been long. I just don't need a "stylist" any more. I did find that when I saw a woman with a great hair cut that asking her where she got her done and by whom worked. I found a woman I used for about 2 years that way.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't offer any advice, except to wish the OP good luck in finding a new hairdresser.

I feel your pain!!!

Mine is my 4th permanent hairdresser since 1989, and I have been with her since I relocated to Wiltshire in 2006. I was with my last hairdresser for 10y before breaking up with him due to relocation.

My hair being very strong, straight, and with a double crown, it is very difficult to cut well, and a good cutter is like gold dust. Hence I hang on to good ones when I find him/her.

Good luck!

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results