shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash studs, 1.6 ctw, keep or go bigger now?

Whiteflash 1.6 ctw studs in. Keep or go bigger now and why?

• Keep these and just plan on upgrading. It will easily take three years before I can move both up to

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Go for the bigger 1.1 carat e-ring stone, and the beautiful E, I1 now. (I haven't forgotten about i

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJSmom, you mentioned you like high color in that other thread. So how do you find the I color studs? Any warmth? Can you get used to it?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like the size on your ears but I think in the end you want the bigger ones and why not go for it?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mjg|1398291654|3658756 said:
I think they look big and amazing, but I also think it's crazy to spend that kind of money and not be over the moon. I agree with the above suggestion to get the largest unbranded studs you can.

Thecat, I find that these studs are very sparkly and bright, so much so that I don't notice the color difference that much, except in certain lighting. I'm attributing this to the quality of the cut since these are I colored stones. I have no complaints. They are very lively little guys. If I keep these, my next upgrade hopefully will be to H colored stones but we'll see. It would be awesome to get a pair of Fs from WF but that would cost an arm and a leg. And I'd have to wait way too long. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1398335424|3659049 said:
I really like the size on your ears but I think in the end you want the bigger ones and why not go for it?

Lknvrb4, For now, I'm hoping that I can wait. I would like bigger ones but not at the price of putting my ering stone into an earring. That is the main factor holding me back. I can see myself regretting that decision.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1398345806|3659092 said:
mjg|1398291654|3658756 said:
I think they look big and amazing, but I also think it's crazy to spend that kind of money and not be over the moon. I agree with the above suggestion to get the largest unbranded studs you can.

Thecat, I find that these studs are very sparkly and bright, so much so that I don't notice the color difference that much, except in certain lighting. I'm attributing this to the quality of the cut since these are I colored stones. I have no complaints. They are very lively little guys. If I keep these, my next upgrade hopefully will be to H colored stones but we'll see. It would be awesome to get a pair of Fs from WF but that would cost an arm and a leg. And I'd have to wait way too long. :)

Since you're alright with the color, so it's only the size issue bugging you. But why is it not a good idea to put ering into stud? Cos you can't see it when it's on your ears?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you're more at peace with your purchase and I'm glad to hear it! I had voted for option 2 because you had seemed so disappointed - and I guess I'm just a bit different from some - I'd be ok wearing different clarity diamonds together and I wouldn't have a problem wearing an ering diamond as an earring. I think I'm a bit more laid-back than the average PSer lol! But how I feel isn't important - it's how you feel, you understandably have sentimental feelings towards the ering diamond; and as I said you seem to be happier with these current studs now and that's great! FWIW I think they look substantial and really beautiful on your ears!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't want you to talk yourself into something you will regret. In my experience, if you don't absolutely love a purchase from day one, you're not going to like it later. I don't understand why setting your original e-ring stone into an earring is disrespectful? If anything, won't it be a good thing because you'll end up wearing it a ton and getting a lot of use out of it? You want studs and would wear them more than a pendant, right? I think it's a great way to honor your DH's original e-ring stone.

Mia16

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1398304936|3658875 said:
I would pair an i1 with a VS. Why does clarity need to match :confused:

Yes! one of my earrings is an SI2, No one seems to have noticed.. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1398354302|3659160 said:
I just don't want you to talk yourself into something you will regret. In my experience, if you don't absolutely love a purchase from day one, you're not going to like it later. I don't understand why setting your original e-ring stone into an earring is disrespectful? If anything, won't it be a good thing because you'll end up wearing it a ton and getting a lot of use out of it? You want studs and would wear them more than a pendant, right? I think it's a great way to honor your DH's original e-ring stone.

Hi Laila, it's really a state of mind for me. It's that I view studs as not as important as an ering. In my mind they are secondary. I don't really see them much in any reflective surface so I tend to disregard them more. I would like my ering stone to take center stage. My poor DH feels like his ering got "demoted". So that is why I feel hesitant about using it for an earring. I know others may not look at an ering stone the same way but I do. And that it's part of a pair. Not being the primary stone. Yeah, I do have mental issues. Maybe a right hand ring someday. For now, prob a pendant.

It's not the matching issue anymore. I thought it was. But even if I had a matching F, I prob would not set the ering into a stud, as tempting as it is to achieve big bling fast.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom - here is a third option....

Given your wants and desires and reservations, and given that the E I1 is such a great find, have you thought about buying it, *not* setting your e-ring stone as a stud, and simply waiting, saving up the money for the second stone, then buying it when the time is right? of course, you could always contact someone like wink and get a simulant to match it so you could wear them right away. that way you preserve your e-ring stone as a stand alone, important stone, you get the stone you can afford which is the size you want, you have something to work on and look forward to, as well as something to wear right away. and it will cost you less in the long run than upgrading a pair of WF stones to the size you want down the track.

just my 2c, and if I felt the way you do about your e-ring (and I would, in your shoes), that's what I'd do - 1.1ct E I1 stone plus simulant, then ultimately a matching stone. I'm sure Yekutiel could set you up with a match when the time is right.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
I was in a similar situation as you a year or so ago. I opted to set my mother's engagement ring into a stud (it has incredible sentimental value to me...maybe not the same as yours does to you though) and buy a matching pair. I figure maybe down the road I would buy another stone to match the other stone, and take my moms stone and make a necklace out of it. So really its just a temporary thing, sort of like a placeholder for now. I totally know what you mean though when you just reaaaally want those larger studs NOW lol.

So my vote would be to set them into studs now, buy a nice matching stone. Then save up for another stone to buy down the road. When you get that stone, take out your engagement ring stone and make it into a pretty pendant or right hand ring! that way you get the big studs now, and in a few years you get to put your old engagement ring stone on center display. Best of both worlds! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1398374457|3659371 said:
LLJsmom - here is a third option....

Given your wants and desires and reservations, and given that the E I1 is such a great find, have you thought about buying it, *not* setting your e-ring stone as a stud, and simply waiting, saving up the money for the second stone, then buying it when the time is right? of course, you could always contact someone like wink and get a simulant to match it so you could wear them right away. that way you preserve your e-ring stone as a stand alone, important stone, you get the stone you can afford which is the size you want, you have something to work on and look forward to, as well as something to wear right away. and it will cost you less in the long run than upgrading a pair of WF stones to the size you want down the track.

just my 2c, and if I felt the way you do about your e-ring (and I would, in your shoes), that's what I'd do - 1.1ct E I1 stone plus simulant, then ultimately a matching stone. I'm sure Yekutiel could set you up with a match when the time is right.

Mrs-blop, I have thought about hoarding the E1 cause it is a great stone. I can't exactly afford it at the moment cause I purchased these new stones. I am liking these stones more and more although the look is different from the bigger stones. I may come back to the E at a later date. And I also know now to look for these stones too. I wonder how people can buy stones to save them for usage later. They must have a lot of willpower.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
about pairing... my studs are close in dimensions but different everything else. Their angles are diff, F and G, SI1 and VS2, one has fluor. And yet I can't tell them apart. BTW, the G used to be my ering too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results