shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't choose, I like them both! help!

MiriamCohen

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I have been digging the web for days now in search of a special piece of jewelry, something artistic yet not kitch but with some kind of twist. Its a gift for the 40th birthday of my sister, she appreciates art and has a very good taste, you get the feel of the mission I have before me :twirl: .
Finally found something by chance in FB, a small boutique craftsmen which has the kind of jewelry that left me pretty much breathless.

I've narrowed it down to two pendants, one is silver and the other is gold. both are special to say the least and the stone they hold is a common stone but from certain places in Israel which I find "holy" (don't kill me :mrgreen: ), this is the twist..

Can you help me choose? I can't seem to be able at all.

This is the first, its a bit serious but gorgeous nonetheless

goldjudeablacka.jpg

and this one whic is a bit more "light" by design

silverdropa.jpg

Thanks, I really need some help here!!
I'm off for a long weekend, need to make the decision by Sunday!! Thanks in advance to all of you!!!

BTW both are from this place - http://www.terastones.com

Miriam

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd say the 2nd, definitely - the metalwork looks sophisticated. The first one looks a little less deliberate, somehow ....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A difficult choice but I lean towards the first. I like the first as the stone looks interesting (shape, colouration, etc) and the wire wrapping seems well suited, giving it that very earthy and organic feel. I can see it with both a casual or slightly dressed up outfit. The second has a more sophisticated wrap but the stone blends in too much for me to notice it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
They are truly apples & oranges, aren't they? :)) I almost always go for yellow gold over silver, but the silver one does look more sophisticated & easier to wear with different kinds of outfits. The stone seems to have some glitter so may show better in real life than in a photo. On the other hand, if she wants more of a conversation piece, the 1st one would definitely inspire people to ask about the stone, since the setting is kind of meh. I think I go for #2 on the basis of ease of use, leading to more wear.

--- Laurie

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love the gold one!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No offense but not a fan of either but I like the stone in the gold better but the silver setting better as it looks more designed rather than just wrapped.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second one more as the metal work seems more sophisticated as others have said. I do appreciate wire wrapping and have a few pieces made that way, but tend to think of it as more "crafty" than "artisan". The dark flint is nice though. I don't suppose you could ask for the dark stone to be put in the second setting?

BhavinJ

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'd go for #2

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
have you head of bismuth crystals? it's a metal that form naturally into really unique shapes and colors as it turn from a liquid to a solid. i've seen the crystals turned into jewellery similar to what you've posted. i like the large paperweight versions myself

http://www.bismuthcrystal.com/

MiriamCohen

Rough_Rock
Thanks ALL!!!
I'm thinking of taking them both (hope they haven't been sold already!) keep the silver one to myself :twirl:

Kayln

Rough_Rock
I would prefer second one as it is looking more charming. First one seems a bit simple and not so eye catching.

MiriamCohen

Rough_Rock
Just brought online a bracelet, made of sterling silver (hey, its heavy this thing!) with a small cross and a stone from some place in the northern part of Israel.

What do you say? do you like it?

hearts1.jpg

Happy weekend to all of you!!!

Miriam C.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
MiriamCohen|1373297255|3479058 said:
Thanks ALL!!!
I'm thinking of taking them both (hope they haven't been sold already!) keep the silver one to myself :twirl:

I was going to say "get them both"!

Marina87

Rough_Rock
Awesome necklaces! Never seen this style before. Absolutely beautiful!

OliviaLee

Rough_Rock
Trade
MiriamCohen|1378985982|3519309 said:
Just brought online a bracelet, made of sterling silver (hey, its heavy this thing!) with a small cross and a stone from some place in the northern part of Israel.

What do you say? do you like it?

hearts1.jpg

Happy weekend to all of you!!!

Miriam C.

Bracelet look preety cool good choice Miriam.KEEP SHOPPING :)

Judicious

Rough_Rock
Hey, I like second one more. it is very classy and looks gorgious.first one is also good but i personally dont like golden colour so i prefer second one..... :) :)

anthony-roman

Rough_Rock
I like the second one. Its simple yet elegant. The silver wire wrapping is catchy too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results