shape
carat
color
clarity

First Engagement Ring ~$4.6k budget

Btdrnks

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rocky, I just emailed John. Hopefully I can get that setting (or one exactly like it ;-)) from them

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Obviously the GOG diamond is beautiful.

That's a really good price from B2C. The ASET looks great. Hearts image is a typical hearts image of a nicely cut diamond that wasn't intended to be a hearts and arrows cut. There probably isn't a crazy noticeable difference between that and the GOG one, but there likely would be a difference if you scrutinized them side by side and in different lighting conditions.

I'd be interested to know the price difference between the B2C and the GOG. If it's more than, say, 750, I might be tempted to go with the B2C if you have a plan for setting it and you don't mind the hassle. It's certainly easier to buy and set at the same place. You seem pretty exact in your numbers (4.6K to spend), so I don't know how tight the budget actually is and what you're willing to do to spend less.

I think the B2C is a great value.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Btdrnks|1397596807|3653992 said:
Thanks Rocky, I just emailed John. Hopefully I can get that setting (or one exactly like it ;-)) from them

Btdrnks -

He should be able to take care of you. GOG has access to a lot of reputable settings manufacturers.

If you aren't able to find the setting there, I think the next step would be to reach out to Wink at HPD.

Either way you go, you're going to end up with a kick-ass final product!

Btdrnks

Rough_Rock
Rocky -

I heard back from David, and he will be sending me videos of the diamonds you suggested. Any thoughts on the inclusion at the lower left side of the diamond (as pictured)? http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11338/

Thanks!

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Btdrnks|1397747331|3654980 said:
Rocky -

I heard back from David, and he will be sending me videos of the diamonds you suggested. Any thoughts on the inclusion at the lower left side of the diamond (as pictured)? http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11338/

Thanks!

It's clarity is VS2, so whatever that inclusion happens to be (didn't find a report with inclusion plot) it does not affect the structural integrity or durability of the stone.

To me, it looks like a great place for an inclusion, as it can be easily covered with a prong and no one would be the wiser!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results