shape
carat
color
clarity

Nyc2Chigal is having a baby girl!!!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
I just had to share.. because I'm so excited and in love with this new little human being!! :love:

My husband is so nervous! He doesn't know how to handle the dramas of having a girl.
And the whole dating issue?? He doesn't want to think about it....

Any advice on how to prepare for having a girl? What to expect?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Our daughter is 22 months old. I admit feeling some trepidation and fear when we found out we were having a girl. I did not expect that response from myself. All I could think of was how mean girls can be when they get to be around 10-11 years old (my experience, not trying to make a generalization here.) My husband was shocked that I had a preference, and so was I.

Oddly, when I read your post, my first thought was: "my advice would be to NOT reinforce gender bias!" But sadly, I had the same feelings when I was pregnant. The world is not kind to girls/women. We have it good here in the U.S. compared to other countries, and even that is sad to say.

So far we haven't discussed what it will be like when/if she starts dating. I had a lot of fun dating, and I hope her experience is similar or better. I'm not too worried. We are far more concerned with her education and how we can provide her the tools with which to navigate every aspect of the world, which will hopefully also have an impact on her love life. ;))

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
No experience personally but our family is filled with girls (my mother has seven sisters!) and it's always so much fun!

Congratulations on your wonderful news! :appl:

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
It's so much fun! She will be her own person and pretty quickly you'll adjust.

My daughter turns 8 next week - and I can say she is a delight in the most unexpected ways. She's incredibly social, empathetic, a strong gymnast and loves pink...all my gender neutral clothing choices and soccer coaching have fallen by the wayside as she chooses what she loves. But get ready to share the bling!

Mia16

Rough_Rock
What to expect with a girl? Awesomeness.

Just raise her to know her worth, always tell her how much you love her and how proud you are of her at loud.
Having a loving and involved father is key. A girl with no self-worth will throw herself and any and every boy out there, a girl who knows her value will select the right boy to date. Congratulations!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new addition. :appl: No words of wisdom to add since I have boys.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats!

on the gun forum I participate many of the guys go out and buy their soon-to-be-born child [boy or girl] a rifle to give to their daughter/son when old enough.....

now this is a jewelry forum and I know you'll impart good info to her over the years but how about getting her a stone [diamond or color] to give to her down the road? just an idea........

again, congrats and tell your hubby he married you so he knows all about "girls" already.....or maybe that is what scares him?! :errrr: he knows what guys are like and most guys don't want their little girls to grow up and become women! :o

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the baby girl! It's an exciting time!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
monarch64, thank you for the advice! We never preferred one gender over the other, knowing we were going to be over the moon with whoever we got! :lol:
Now DH is outnumbered (wife, female cat, girl on the way). Poor guy..lol

Harpertoo, that's right! My litter girl will be enjoying the jewelry I have now! How exciting!

Mia16, I understand this completely! I have a wonderful DH that, knowing him, will be protecting his little girl, because she is of so much worth!!! I will always remember that, thank you!

Movie Zombie :lol: !!!!
Yes, I think I scared him.

Rosetta, I look forward to the fun we'll have with a new girl in our family :D

Thank you all for the kind words!!!!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
OOOH, @ Movie Zombie, I would love to get her somerthing with her birthstone!
She is due in August, but you know how things are... she may make an early or late debut, so I might wait.

What would be appropriate, I wonder.....

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nyc2chigal|1396979742|3649847 said:
She is due in August, but you know how things are... she may make an early or late debut, so I might wait.

Not that I would wish a lengthier pregnancy on anyone, but I was due in August and apparently held out until September - so sapphire is my birthstone and it's such a beautiful stone! Best of luck - little girls are awesome!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
violet3|1396980370|3649858 said:
Nyc2chigal|1396979742|3649847 said:

Not that I would wish a lengthier pregnancy on anyone, but I was due in August and apparently held out until September - so sapphire is my birthstone and it's such a beautiful stone! Best of luck - little girls are awesome!

Sapphire is mine as well!!!!
Then sharing (eventually giving) my jewelry would make the most sense :D

Oh man, so much for promising myself to not spoil my kids..

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
instead of her birthstone, what about that of you and/or your husband?

and I wouldn't even lock into just that.....there is a wide world of color stones and diamonds just waiting for you to say, "I choose you to celebrate our love for our daughter with us." maybe give it to her when she's 16?

also, getting it now has an advantage: you know that stones will do nothing but go up in price....... :lol:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Big congrats. My daughter is turning 26 next month. Hard to believe. Communication is key. They have a lot to say, and you may lot love all that they tell you. But having you tell you stuff growing up is better than not knowing... I said as long as you tell me, all good. I am a safe place to come to. What ever... What ever time of day or night..

I will say it's crucial especially those teenage years. The trust and being able to talk about the hard stuff really transcends as they go off to college and become young adults.

Yes I got told stuff that made my mouth drop but quickly shut it in awe she shared with me.

I don't think this advice is gender specific. I have a lovely son who is my heart as well.

I just think girls need to talk it out more than boys. Boys move on more quickly...

Both know more about jewelry than necessary. But DS said damn Sister got the mother load!!! LOL!!!

Enjoy!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats - so exciting! The wonderful thing about babies is that you can be so filled with trepidation one minute, but when they actually appear, within a few days, its second nature and you can't even imagine not having her. :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Nyc!!! I have a 10 year old and all I can say is that girls are wonderful!!!
(Dont get me wrong, boys are great too.)

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Mia16|1396972265|3649748 said:

Just raise her to know her worth, always tell her how much you love her and how proud you are of her at loud.
Having a loving and involved father is key. A girl with no self-worth will throw herself and any and every boy out there, a girl who knows her value will select the right boy to date. Congratulations!

Mia16
pearls of wisdom ! I have 2 girls 7 & 9 .

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good news is that they are raised just one day at a time so you don't have to figure out all of the answers overnight - lol!

Congratulations first and foremost! Having had a son and a daughter I can definitely attest to a bit more drama with girls but it's all worth it in the end. My daughter is my daughter but she is now my friend too! I was blessed with two great kids - my son is wonderful as well. As others have said, talk and keep talking and listening. The goal is to raise a relatively happy, well adjusted kid that becomes a caring and productive adult. It's step by step and day by day - if you get too far ahead of yourself you'll worry yourself to death. For now, enjoy the pregnancy and the anticipation. Each step forward will have its rewards and drawbacks so you'll just have to roll with it. The things I worried most about did not happen - I wish I could instill this experience in new parents but alas, life doesn't work that way.

Enjoy each day and don't borrow trouble - she will be your precious angel!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no advice except to enjoy! Congratulations!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting! I have no advice for you. Just posting to say congratulations!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Nyc2 !!! ...We have 2 PITB daughters, it's gonna be fun.. :wink2:

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
jeweln|1396995540|3650048 said:

Mia16

YES, that was wonderful! :appl:
Congratulations Nyc2Chigal!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ninna|1397003686|3650147 said:
jeweln|1396995540|3650048 said:

Mia16

YES, that was wonderful! :appl:
Congratulations Nyc2Chigal!

Ditto everything above!
My daughter is 26 and I have always told her how proud I am of her. She tells me about her friends who never heard from their parents how much they were loved and how proud they were of them. Most of them have very little relationship with their mothers. It makes her sad to see how little self respect they have. She is a very successful, ambitious, go getting, self comfortable, balanced young lady! I couldn't be prouder. Anything the boys can do, she can do better!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

We had a boy first and I have to admit the world was a much scarey place when we found out in round 2 we were having a girl! There was so much more to worry about with a girl vs. having a boy.

Anyhow for expectations- she will be awesome!! My DD is a joy and we love her to bits! My advise is don't buy everything in pink! After 2 years she hates it, we hate it! Ok :bigsmile:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all!!

It's funny... I usually plan ahead with most things in my life...
But with this.. I can't. I am living day by day.. hoping and praying baby girl is safe in there and 'cooks' in there as much as she needs!

Maybe it's because I still have moments where I cannot believe I'm carrying this awesome little life!! :shock:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Glad you're enjoying the pregnancy! Congrats!

My advice is to enjoy it! I have two girls aged 2 and 8 weeks. I was terrified of having a girl with my first. Cried quite a bit about it. Now I'm over the moon about it. My girls are such sweethearts and I've just embraced the pink.

I'm definitely worried about those teenage years, but my strategy is to raise strong, secure girls :) I think girls make bad decisions when they're young out of insecurity.

Good luck!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Nyc relax enjoy your pregnancy before you know it you'll be holding your little one in your arms...and then take it one day at a time.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Girls are amazeballs. Congratulations! I have nothing to compare it to (only child so far) but Miss 2.5 is such a joy and a delight. She is active, scarily bright, social, funny. She's not much for wearing dresses but she loves sealing my rings and putting them on her fingers. And wearing my necklaces. She has the bling bug already ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results