shape
carat
color
clarity

Great experience with Chris Anadiotis from ERD

Radams

Rough_Rock
A few months back, I knew I was ready to propose to my girlfriend (as a surprise!) so I started looking for the perfect ring. Throughout our relationship I've always expressed my love to her with handmade gifts. I love the look of a round brilliant in a simple solitaire setting, but I knew we'd both be happiest with a unique custom designed setting. After a making quite a few drawings, I decided on a spiral band setting with graduating emerald cuts set in between. The design had a combination of unique eccentricity as well as classic beauty that I thought matched her perfectly.

So at this point I was left with the challenge of finding a jeweler that could bring this drawing to life. After a bit of searching local and online, I came across ERD here on PS, and the stories from their happy customers who had custom settings made. After contacting ERD, I got into contact with Chris. We discussed the diamonds, setting, budget, and timeline in our first conversation, and I was very satisfied with Chris's knowledge and easy-to-talk-to personality as well as ERDs top-of-the-line custom design abilities, so I decided to work with Chris to create the ring.

We first picked out the center stone. Since I was doing this without seeing any of the stones, I made it clear that the cut/reflection/look of the stone was of utmost importance. After a couple of weeks of searching, he found a 1.22 ct I VS2 7.49X5.04mm emerald cut that was exactly the stone I was looking for. After we agreed that the stone was perfect, he found the 4 side stones ECs that were cut proportionally matching the center stone, which took a little while because there is less of a selection of small ECs. I was very happy with the set of stones; they were all even more brilliant in person than I had expected.

Designing the setting took a few weeks of going back and forth on the design. I have no experience designing jewelry, and ERD did an excellent job turning my artistic designs into a structurally sound ring that will last for generations. My fiancée loves the ring, which is all I wanted.

All-in-all I am very satisfied. Chris brought my drawings to life in a ring that is more beautiful than I imagined possible for my budget, all in my time frame.

To sum up my experience, the overarching feeling that I got from Chris was trust, which is exactly the feeling you would want from your jeweler. He gave me his expert opinion throughout the process, which always came across as very genuine. I will work with him again.

Here is the photo that ERD took for the appraisal, with a diffuse white light, before it got any of the microscratches on the platinum or dust on the diamonds.

And here are 3 more photos I took after a month of wear from a few different angles.

--Robert

_16459.jpg

img_0663.jpg

img_4310.jpg

img_0673.jpg

Radams

Rough_Rock
Oh, and here's another picture I didn't have on my computer when I made the post. My fiance took this photo right after I proposed a month ago. She loves it!

--Robert

_16525.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results