Votes: 15 6.6%
  • 40-49

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 50 or over

Votes: 17 7.4%

• Total voters

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
That was fun- scored a 0 on the first try. Thanks for reviving the thread as I don't think I was a member of PS when it was first started.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.
Your score: 0
Age range: 50-59
Best score for your gender and age range: 0
Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

Considering my age, a score of 0 is pretty good. It takes so little to make me happy these days :lol:

Kilda

Rough_Rock
wow. I got an 83 the first time. So then I tried again and really tried hard and got my score all the way up - to 53.

I've always known I have a hard time distinguishing green and blue compared to some people. But apparently I suck at all colors!

Guess I can worry less about getting a perfect color sapphire for my e-ring. Apparently I'll never know the difference! :lol:

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock
Scored a 6 with all of my mistakes in the blue/green spectrum. Counterintuitively, teals, turquoises, and other blue-greens are my favorite colors. Hmmm... wonder if they just befuddle my brain into liking them. :loopy:
Anyone else make the most mistakes in the spectrum with their favorite colors?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1300932918|2878630 said:
8 is a great score!

My problem area seems to be the transition from green to blue. The problem is that when I see the "correct" graduation, it seems wrong to me, like some bars should be moved to the right or left.

This was me too, with the green and the blue, which surprised me. I got a 9. Interesting thread. I'll have to read through it all and try again when I'm not quite so tired from grading really bad math homeworks.

About green/blue. I am recalling some program on NPR or something where there are some cultures who do not equate the color "blue" to the sky and if someone who has not been trained from birth to associate "blue" with the sky, then they don't know what color to call it (that was the gist of the program).

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I found this to be really peculiar, because it pointed out what I already suspected; artistic people are built different. :shock:

I got an 8.

DH, who has an MFA, got a 0.

DD, who wants to major in art, got a 0.

Yup. They're built funny . . . :bigsmile:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Digging up an old thread to raise an interesting point!

I've often said that my color sensitivity has improved over time. In particular, I notice much more color in my AGS I diamond than I did when we bought it. I came across this test again. The first time, I scored somewhere in the 30s. This time I got a 4! My errors were solely in the blue/green range, which struck me as odd because those are by far my favorite colors.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
It's funny you bring this up - this is one of the first threads I found here at PS, and I was thinking about it the other day while listening to the "Color" episode of Radio Lab. At one point they were talking about how designers/artists see differences in color totally unnoticeable to most people, and whether that was natural or trained, along with talking about people who actually have an extra type of cone in their eyes. It totally got me thinking about this color test.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/211119-colors/

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'm happy I got to see this, thanks for bumping up Jstar.

I got 4 too. My mistakes were in the middle of the green/blue row and they were next to each other.

That was fun! I love these kinds of tests.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, 4 here too.

kuklyana

Rough_Rock
I'm shocked! 0 on my first and only try...

mus

Shiny_Rock
Score : 4
Male, 38

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think its not that hard to get a perfect score. But for fun, try and do it at three different times of day. Do it with morning light and maybe an incandescent light on, do it in late afternoon with bright afternoon light coming in the window (so maybe a mix of inside light and strong afternoon daylight) and then one at night in pure incandescent/fluorescent light. It is a good exercise in how even the colors change - or more accurately, how we view color. :))

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a 52. It took a while and I had to tweak a bit after completing each line-i would purposefully blur my eyes to see the range. I thought 52 was bad since it was merely midrange. I have been looking at paint samples lately-that may have helped too.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
holy crap. I got a 0 on the first try, even though I felt like I was having trouble with the greens.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a 31, which doesn't surprise me because a) i wasn't wearing my glasses; and b) being on this site and seeing references to things others see in gemstones has taught me that i am NOT very color sensitive. :lol:

39 yrs young female

WhitePeonia

Rough_Rock
I, too, got 4 :D

Female, 44

Zarina

Rough_Rock
Female....58 years old.....scored 8 :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
49 year old female....8... but that was before coffee :snore: HA

MC...your reply "I only did the first line" cracked me up.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DK :))

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a Montessori teacher (at home now) and we have an activity like this involving grading colour tablets. It is a really fun activity because you can physically move the tiles with your hands.

I got a really low score on this the first time because I got lazy and quit part way through and my eyes were hurting. I will seriously try again later!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results