shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you like it if your man shaved his armpits?

Would you like it if your man shaved his armpits?

• Yes

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read this is a growing trend.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I dunno, I like a guy that doesn't think much beyond basic grooming; shave his face, brush hair and teeth.

If someone starts getting into moisturizers, balms, random plucking, extracurricular shaving, etc., I'm out. :knockout:

This is one of the (many) issues I have with my dad, he uses more hair spray than I do. :rolleyes:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I don't care either way. It's his armpits, how often do I really see them?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
His body, his choice...

But I must admit, I do prefer hairier guys and I've never actually said or thought "that's too much hair".

The only exceptions to his are beards (I LOVE stubble or even a goatee on the right guy but am not a fan of the full beard) and, uhm, the area covered by his bathing suit. Even so, I prefer that to be trimmed rather than shaved.

Ironically, I married a blonde guy who has hardly any hair other than on his head and whatever he has is so pale I can't see it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1395778940|3641187 said:
His body, his choice...

Ditto. I also find it more hygienic to shave or trim under arm hair, so I'd probably prefer it, but I'd never really be concerned one way or another.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm the only one who replied yes so far? My husband is pretty non-hairy as most Asians are, and I don't think I'd miss the arm pit hair if he shaved it off, in fact it'd match his hairless arms and chest better :)

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
No, but I don't think I'd particularly care if he did. I HAVE however explicitly asked my husband NOT to shave his chest because I find the stubble very irritating (physically and aesthetically lol).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh is blonde so I also don't notice much hair except for his head. He has never shaved under his arms and I wouldn't care for it if he did. He has however shaved his legs for cycling (speed) but not too often as he doesn't race anymore.

ETA: I hate facial hair i.e. beards, stubble so prefer a clean shaven man every time.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
While I think that it's sort of an odd grooming habit for men, I don't care what my DH chooses to do with his armpit hair. It's armpit hair and I've got more important things to worry about :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it weird for women not to shave their armpits?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1395781637|3641220 said:
While I think that it's sort of an odd grooming habit for men, I don't care what my DH chooses to do with his armpit hair. It's armpit hair and I've got more important things to worry about :lol:

… like answering threads about things less important than what you have to worry about? :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1395787854|3641297 said:
Is it weird for women not to shave their armpits?

Yes, unless you're in France or many other countries.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine does, so I guess the answer is yes! He is somewhat more fresh-smelling than many of my previous inamoratos.

But at the end of the day, I'm both on the "his body, his choice" train - if he stopped, I wouldn't mind, and I generally like how the people I am sexually involved with smell (mmm, pheromones) - and I'm a fan of body hair on the gentlemen. It's just that, like someone said upthread ... how often am I staring at his pits? I think almost any other portion of the anatomy would be more a point of contention, frankly. The shaved chest = stubble I remember from a blind date that was never to be repeated ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1395789512|3641319 said:
Mine does, so I guess the answer is yes! He is somewhat more fresh-smelling than many of my previous inamoratos.

But at the end of the day, I'm both on the "his body, his choice" train - if he stopped, I wouldn't mind, and I generally like how the people I am sexually involved with smell (mmm, pheromones) - and I'm a fan of body hair on the gentlemen. It's just that, like someone said upthread ... how often am I staring at his pits? I think almost any other portion of the anatomy would be more a point of contention, frankly. The shaved chest = stubble I remember from a blind date that was never to be repeated ...

True and that brings another topic to mind regarding men and body grooming... :cheeky:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care if he does or doesn't... but if he doesn't, and it's a bush, I would like it to be trimmed to a neater length. I don't like it when it sticks out of a man's arms when his arms are down. Ew.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care either way. DH isn't very hairy, so I don't notice or mind it at all.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1395790156|3641328 said:
I don't care if he does or doesn't... but if he doesn't, and it's a bush, I would like it to be trimmed to a neater length. I don't like it when it sticks out of a man's arms when his arms are down. Ew.

I feel just the opposite.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1395788049|3641304 said:

… like answering threads about things less important than what you have to worry about? :lol:

Exactly! At least I find this Forum more interesting, which makes it worth my time. My DH's armpit hair? Not so much. No interest there whatsoever….

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like it. I don't like hair. I don't like it in my face during, ahem, bedtime.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, if he wanted to, I wouldn't care. I don't foresee that happening

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
My husband shaves his armpits. According to him, shaving makes them "less stinky" when he sweats.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care what he does, but he doesn't. I often wondered why men put on deodorant if all it did was stay on the hair?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem with trimming, but shaving it all seems a bit much. I like a man with some hair, but not so much that it impedes on...anything.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I've never thought about it before. I never really notice my husband's armpit hair. His body hair is very sparse, none on his chest, no sideburns at all can be grown, facial hair only the moustache and very bottom of the chin...he is Caucasian with distant Asian ancestry and the Asian ancestry is very apparent in how his body hair grows. Nice look - generous growth of head hair, little body hair, even his arms and legs have very little hair.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock

I also like "his body, his choice"

I just want to ditto everyone. I put other as I really have a million more important things to worry about and he can groom/shave his boody however he likes, just like I can.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1395791709|3641349 said:

:lol:
What's that mean, Kenny? If he doesn't have much hair, then you want him to shave it or trim it? But keep it au naturale if it's nice and bushy? (PS I sent you an email a few days ago!)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
My husband hates body hair and every two weeks when he is buzzing the hair off his head he does his armpits and chest hair. I prefer less hair.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1395827345|3641554 said:
kenny|1395791709|3641349 said:

:lol:
What's that mean, Kenny? If he doesn't have much hair, then you want him to shave it or trim it? But keep it au naturale if it's nice and bushy? (PS I sent you an email a few days ago!)

I like hairy guys; they seem more masculine.
Generally, the more the better.

Everyone likes what they like.
Goodness knows why.
Hairless guys remind me of women and children … not into that. :mrgreen:

I'll check that account. Thanks.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't care either way. I actually don't pay attention to my husband's armpit hair. :???: I know he trims basically all over from time to time since he's pretty hairy and it makes him too hot. But it's up to him, and I'm cool with whatever makes him comfortable. I'm not sure if he'd have an opinion on me not shaving my underarms. I rarely shave my legs, and he doesn't mind that. I am not particularly hairy, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1395777834|3641177 said:
I read this is a growing trend.

God you crack me up! "Growing trend" :lol:

To answer the question - I guess it's totally up to him but personally I totally love a bit of body hair on men. I like men to be ummm...manly! Hubby has the most perfect patch of chest hair - I adore it & would be horrified if he waxed/shaved it off. :shock:

Hairy backs/necks/ears on the other hand - shudder... :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results