shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with the European cut ring

FallGuy

Rough_Rock
Hi, new member and complete diamond and jewelry novice. I am looking to get engaged soon and I am on a small budget with the price of the ring. My GF loves antique jewerly and I found this ring in my price range. I am concerned about over paying and was wondering what I should expect to pay for something like this.

I am a coin collector so I know pictures can be subjective. I was told the ring is from the 1920's, has 18k wht gold band, is a European cut and the diamond size is .25ct. I looked at it under a loope and I couldn't see any black spots etc, but like I said I am a novice. The person selling this deals with antique jewelry and coins. I have bought some coins from him and his prices are decent. So what would an average retail price for this ring be? Thanks in advance!

20140321_170652.jpg

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can't help you on the price but a little more info could help others chime in. Can you provide the color and clarity of the stone? Also it would help if you have a head on picture of the diamond. By the way, love the setting.

FallGuy

Rough_Rock
I will be going back to the store soon and I'll try and get a head on shot of the diamond. I don't know the specifics of the diamond but I will ask. Thanks for the reply.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi you need to get a clear pic looking straight down at the face of the ring and stone. How much is it? The gurus here will check ebay and rubylane and let you know if it is a bargain or what there is available for a comparative price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results