shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Gem- I'm glad your pregnancy is progressing smoothly. I did have DD in summer, so you're probably right! We also knew we were moving right after her birth, so I also knew I couldn't do much anyways. It actually kept me up last night realizing that I *only* have 3 months to get the bedding done if I plan to make it. I love love love your new studs!! They look great!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Coda- Sorry to hear that you're still feeling really fatigued. I started feeling better once I hit about 13 weeks and now I wonder if it'll hit me again in 8 weeks (I'm about 9 behind you). Time seems to be flying now but I can imagine once you get to a certain point you feel like it's ticking by at half-time. I'm sorry that you have had to do so many GD tests. Hopefully they didn't make you do the 1 hour over again if you failed it the first time around.

Brown eyes- Sounds like some people really need to keep comments to themselves when it comes to a pregnant woman's figure. DH is going through the "wow you have a real belly" stage but thankfully now it's cute. I'm sure 10 weeks from now I might not think it's so cute. Good luck with transitioning your DD to a big girl bed. I hope things go more smoothly for you towards your due date than they did at the first attempt.

gem anemone- Score on those earrings! I love studs that size. Noticeable and tasteful. I have 0.8ish cttw ones that I wear constantly. What a great push present. I have NO idea what I want. I've been toying with a wide YG plain band or a scatter band. We'll see. I've got some time. Enjoy your new bling!

PP- Sorry to hear about failing the 1 hour test. I hope things go better on the next round. I remember when you were pregnant with your DD because a close friend of mine (stephb0lt) had a daughter around the same time. You live in Europe, right? I might be mixing you up with someone else.

AFM- I just hit the 16 week mark. I went through some drama with my first tri blood testing for chromosomal abnormalities (if you lurk in the JBP thread I detailed it over there). Basically they classifed us with elevated risk for DS which is less than 1:100. I went ahead and did one of the cell free DNA tests called Harmony (similar to Materni21, etc) and we came back as 1:10,000 for DS. What the heck? If we ever have a second kid I will probably just skip straight to the cell free DNA testing. Part of the reason we didn't this time is that the state of CA covers the majority of the blood work expense for the standard screenings and if you come back high risk they cover ANY follow-up- the Harmony panel, genetic counseling appts, amnio or CVS if you need to go there. So we decided to follow the protocol but if I had known how this was going to turn out I might have just forked over the few $100 for the test up front and left it at that. Anyway, we are massively relieved and we also came back low risk for T13, T18 and sex chromosome abnormalities. The gender is written down in a card that I will pick up tomorrow after work from the perintal office that was handling our case. I'm dying to know what we are having! Then we can start discussing names. Our birth defect u/s is 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Whew, sorry for the novel! Other than that drama I've had a really easy pregnancy. No m/s, fatigue went away at about 13 weeks. I feel insanely lucky and am certainly not taking my good fortune for granted. I'm pretty much entirely out of regular pants. After I discovered the comfort of maternity jeans two weeks ago I haven't looked back.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hello preggos! I'm anchor, long-time PSer and 13w3d along with my 2nd bub. I felt it was time to join you. We have a 4-year-old boy named J and I am an under-employed translator/SAHM. We call the bub "Peanut", and even though we don't plan on finding out the gender, we say "her" because we're French-Canadian and "peanut" is a feminine noun in French. I should warn you however, I'm not very good at keeping up with everybody. I apologise in advance.

Hi! :wavey:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We're having a boy!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting, Clairitek, let the planning and name-searching begin!!!

Hi all, I'm stepping across from JBP too. Some of you I know from my first pregnancy (our daughter, S, has just turned 2) and I'm looking forward to getting to know the less familiar faces :wavey:

I'm 34, DH is 35, S is 2, and I'm just over 13 weeks pregnant with #2. We had our NT scan today and all looked perfect - wriggly, flailing, active little thing! Makes it all so much more tangible and I'm feeling quite emotional tonight. Pregnancy up until this point has been - touch wood - uneventful, nasty MS but nothing untoward.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek, congratulations on your boy news! Being a mommy to a little boy is so much fun! So glad to hear you found out your risks came back so low this time and hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be nice and uneventful!

Pancake, yay for good NT results!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
pancake|1393923189|3627103 said:
Exciting, Clairitek, let the planning and name-searching begin!!!

Hi all, I'm stepping across from JBP too. Some of you I know from my first pregnancy (our daughter, S, has just turned 2) and I'm looking forward to getting to know the less familiar faces :wavey:

I'm 34, DH is 35, S is 2, and I'm just over 13 weeks pregnant with #2. We had our NT scan today and all looked perfect - wriggly, flailing, active little thing! Makes it all so much more tangible and I'm feeling quite emotional tonight. Pregnancy up until this point has been - touch wood - uneventful, nasty MS but nothing untoward.

Welcome! Wonderful that the NT scan went well!

I loved seeing the baby flailing around too at the u/sI had just before the NT scan. It really didn't appreciate my nervous giggling. Now I've gotten in the habit of poking at my belly at bit and saying, "Hey you! Did you enjoy that bike ride/gym class/loud rap music?!?!" It entertains DH at least. I imagine when I'm asking him these questions that he is kicking and flailing in response. Dying to see the baby again in less than 3 weeks.

AFM- Nothing new since a few days ago besides knowing what kind of baby is in there. Knowing the gender adds a whole new layer to this pregnancy thing. That being in my abdomen has more of an identity now. Before it was like "Oh, it has ear bones now! It doesn't have a tail anymore! It has fingerprints!" at each stage of growth. Now it is a he. My son. Even more gravity to it now than before.

Thanks, MP!

Welcome, Anchor!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Claritek- good memory. That's me! Although I don't live in Europe anymore. DHs work sent him to the US for a few years so we're here for another year then back to Europe, unfortunately. Congrats on finding out you're having a boy! When are you due again? I know only of girls being due in June/July, so I've been keeping tabs on each month. It's lame, but
I find it interesting that it never seems to be even. I'm glad all of your tests came back better the second time around. Those are so worrisome.

Pancake- welcome! I'm glad your NT scan went well. :)

Anchor- welcome!

Sorry if I missed anyone. My phone isn't letting me scroll back down.

Afm- it's hard to believe I only have 11 more weeks with just DD. She's a handful, but I'm so grateful for her and just love her to pieces. Baby is moving around a ton now. I just pray he is head down. It's fun when he moves when I'm holding DD and I realize that
I'm "holding" both of my babies at once. Sleep and bladder issues are my enemies right now. Never enough sleep and I find myself crossing my legs when I sneeZe... Or else. Not fun. This pregnancy has been hard for DH to grasp because we don't get many ultrasounds here. We had them monthly with DD because the dr had a machine in office, so it was easier for him to realize there was a baby coming. I guess my 30lb weight gain and round belly aren't enough. Haha.
Other than that- nothing new. Trying to enjoy these last few weeks. I'm down to biweekly appointments and have my glucose tolerance test on Friday. They have me following a high carb diet for 3 days before. I thought it would be a breeze to have at least 10 servings
Per day, but it's actually been a challenge.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Clairitek!

Pancake, lucky you getting to see your bub! I'm so glad everything was a-okay.

My own scans are scheduled for March 20th and April 22nd. Can't wait!

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! Hoping to join you along for the rest of this pregnancy journey as well.

Claritek- i'm really glad that the result from the harmony test were much better. Hope that your u/s in three weeks will be an uneventful one and everything is normal. And a boy, how exciting! Is this your first?

Hi anchor, pancake and petitepoire!

AFM - I'm about 15 wks and the belly is getting bigger everyday. I look very pregnant. And my belly is itching like crazy despite me putting cocoa butter on it everyday. I'm trying not to scratch but it's so hard. I have a feeling that i will have lots of stretch marks this time around. Other than that I'm just waiting un-patiently for the anatomy scan next month.

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
Jumping in over here as well. I'm 16w3d today- where did the time go!? This is my first pregnancy after a few years of trying (on and of- we took a few breaks). Nothing much going on over here, I am anxiously waiting for my belly to stop looking fat and look preggo instead. I do think I felt my first few flutters the other night just before bed, so that was exciting. Otherwise, I'm just working hard and looking forward to my first appointment with my midwife group at the hospital next week. Hopefully they use the doppler so I can hear the heartbeat and ease my worries. My next scan is booked for 26th March.

I look forward to getting to know you all! :wavey:

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Happy Friday mamas!

What's everyone's EDD? I think all of our EDD is extremely closed to each other. How's everyone doing so far?

I was tired yesterday. When I went into the shower to take a shower yesterday I suddenly felt dizzy and lightheaded. It was bad enough for me to turn off the water and went back to bed to lay down. I drank some water and laid down for at least an hour before I felt ok enough to go take a shower. I didn't know what caused the dizziness. Maybe it was because I wore my contact lenses for so long (I have a bad habit not taking them off before going to sleep sometimes) or because I was hungry. Nevertheless I went through my day worrying for no reason.

Today I felt much better despite having a stiff neck and I felt several kicks from the bean this morning. I've felt some flutters a couple of weeks ago but today it was really clear and there were several of them. My favorite part of pregnancy has always been the movements and kicks inside of me :love:

I have an OB apt next Monday when I will be 16 weeks. Have a great day and weekend ahead everyone!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
14 weeks today, my EDD is Sept. 5th. We'll see if it changes with the anatomy scan in a couple of weeks. I forgot to take my anti-nausea meds last night and I'm feeling a bit queasy today.

bibi - I think this sounds like a bout of low pressure, which is fairly common in pregnancy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, so nice to hear all the great news from many of you. To think many are having their second seems that time sure flies by.... My best to all. And those having their first, you will get such great advice and support here!!! :wavey: :wavey:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Tbaus- welcome!

Bibi- my EDD is May 19th! I think I'm the only one due after gem with a big gap between. I hope the dizziness goes away. I've had for a few months now. I'm pretty sure it's low blood pressure as mine is usually in the 90s at my appointments. Friday it was 110, which is probably why I felt good. However, I had a high carb diet before my glucose test, so I'm guessing that factored in. Sitting and snacking frequently have helped me- but it hasn't gone away. :/

Hi to everyone! I hope you all are doing well. I'm 29w5d today.
Time is crawling yet flying by!

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
bibiloves That sounds like low blood pressure to me. I get that every morning and find if I get up in stages then it is usually fine.

PetitePoire Hi! Thanks for the welcome :wavey:

I hope everyone else is doing ok. It's a bit quiet around here.

AFM, I find I don't have the time to update as often as I'd like because now that I am fully in that second trimester and feeling relatively normal again I am just killing it at work. :D I had my first appointment with my midwife group today, it was basically just filling out family history and providing me with a lot of pamphlets and other tidbits. I've put on 2kg so far, so she was happy with that. Also booked my antenatal classes for the end of June. Most importantly I heard little Soltana's heartbeat whizzing along at about 156bpm. I admit I have been a little worried that something had happened but then the night before last I was up at 4am (damn insomnia) and I felt real kicks- not flutters. That was pretty cool! I go for my next appointment in 4 weeks, but still have my anatomy scan inbetween. I can't wait now!

Oh some other exciting news: I got my first piece of furniture for the baby! It's a second hand glider from a friend. It isn't really my style, but I took it since it was free and I don't even know how much use I am going to get out of it, so I'd rather not buy a new one. We're pretty much set on the City Mini GT stroller (Pancake, we went to most of the baby stores in Perth and NONE of them knew you could replace the wheels on the Versa, and the babyjogger website says it isn't available in Australia yet?) and we will be ordering the cot soon since there is a 18-22 week wait on the brand we are looking at. Um, I have also been looking into cloth diapering, but it all feels a tad overwhelming. I have the cloth diaper thread open and am slowly working my way through it atm.

And totally unrelated but we got a puppy yesterday! Not the best timing with a baby coming in a few months but he isgood practice for getting up multiple times a night. I took the whole day off today because my midwife appointment was right in the middle of the day, but I am back to work tomorrow. Feeling a little bit guilty because he was a bit distressed when I came back home. I wish I could just take him to work with me, he has been happily lying at my feet for the past hour without a peep. He's happy as long as there is someone around. Guess I''m having a case of mummy guilt earlier than I expected :blackeye:

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Gem - love your new earrings! Also, our wedding sets look almost identical except that I only have one diamond band.

Claritek - welcome! Congrats on the boy!! So exciting! Fortunately I'm never one to get offended when people comment on my size. I just find it interesting how different pregnancy #1 is to pregnancy #2. So sorry you had to go through drama with your first tri blood test results. We skipped them completely this time around as we have a really low risk to begin with, and any results we got would just worry us more than make us feel prepared in any way.

PP - The transition to her big girl room went well. We did end up moving the crib into her room, and just scooting the "big girl bed" over so that it was next to the crib. She really does not even attempt to get out of her crib, and and always chooses it when we give her the option, so I think I'm just going to leave her be for now. My sleep book says not to rush the transition for the sake of a new baby and that the ideal time to transition is actually when the new baby is about 4 months old and everyone has settled into the new routine. I found that interesting and it took a lot of the pressure off of getting her transitioned. E didn't sleep in an actual crib until she was about 6 months old, so it's totally doable for us. Now I can concentrate my efforts on potty training... She's totally ready, I just need to jump into it 100%. I'm right there with you with the sleep and bladder issues. Ugh, sneezing or coughing with anything in my bladder is darn right dangerous these days!

anchor - Welcome! We're calling our bub "Peanut" too :)

Pancake - welcome! If I remember correctly, our daughters are almost the exact same age. E was born 2-13-2012.

Bibiloves - welcome! I get those dizzy spells every once in a while in the morning. I have banned myself from attempting to shower before breakfast.

Tbaus - welcome! So jealous of your second tri energy. That did not happen for me this time around. I feel like I get more exhausted with every passing week. As soon as I put E to bed, I'm ready to crawl into my own bed. Not a good thing, because I feel like my to do list around the house is just getting longer and longer. Congrats on the puppy! I love our furry companion :) We're also looking into cloth diapering this time around. After a TON of research I'm almost positive we are just going to try applecheeks from the beginning. I've read a ton of great stuff about them, and ordered a couple for E to use at night and during naps to see how I like them. So far I have only love for them. I know everyone says not to commit to a brand, but I guess I'm just a rebel in that sense.

AFM: Due date is June 11. I'm 26w6d today which means I will officially be in the 2nd tri tomorrow. I can't believe it! I feel like I have not done anything to prepare for the new baby. Between being totally exhausted and chasing after E, I just don't have the energy. I guess I need to start doing a little at a time. The only big things on my list are really painting the nursery, and deciding on a glider/rocker. I guess that's not so bad... Luckily we have most of the necessities because this is our second. Had my GD test last week. I was sure I would fail because I totally spaced that day and had a coke with my lunch 2.5 hours before my test. Results came back fine, so I'm really relieved. I'm swamped at work which is a little stressful as I feel like my workload doubled, while my working hours are reduced. Not a lot I can do about it except keep my head down and get as much as I can done while I'm there.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hello mamas! Everybody seems to be doing well, that's good! I've been taking Synthroid for three weeks and I feel so much better. The fatigue was ridiculous. I saw my OB today, I only gained 2lbs since last month, we heard Peanut's heartbeat galloping away, and everything seems fine. She said next week is too early for the anatomy scan, so it was rescheduled for April 16th. I'm a bit disappointed, I was looking forward to it.

My 4-years-old J has a sore throat and a fever. Again. It's been a rough winter.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I realized I haven't yet joined in on this thread, although I'm already 23 weeks and feeling like a whale. I haven't been posting much on any baby threads lately, mostly because I've been dealing with ongoing "morning" sickness that just does not seem to want to go away. I've been having a rough time with it and really just not enjoying this pregnancy in general, although I feel really ungrateful about that, since I am blessed to be able to have a baby, and all is progressing well so far. Everything looked good at our anatomy scan, and we are keeping the gender a surprise. I am starting to look enormous, and still only a little more than halfway there! I don't want to know what I'm going to look like in a few months.

I am enjoying putting together our baby registry and just generally trying to get myself more focused on the fun and the positive things. I'm going to try to participate here more regularly and stop feeling sorry for myself! I really am excited to meet this little one, and I know it will all be more than worth it in the end.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh blacksand, you poor thing! I can only imagine how miserable it is to have bad MS for this long. Two of my besties had horrible violent MS for the entirety of their pregnancies; one got married at 6 months pregnant and had "saved up" some Zofran for the day (by this stage she said she was saving it up for special occasions as it was just getting SO expensive!)! The other similarly vomited all the time until the 3rd trimester and in hindsight can clearly say she was miserable during her pregnancy. There is NO shame in not enjoying pregnancy and it doesn't mean you want to have a baby any less or will love/him her any less! So use this thread as an outlet to vent when you need to :) Glad that everything else is travelling along so well - can't believe you are more than halfway already, that went quickly!

anchor that's great that you're feeling so much better!! Have you had your thyroid antibodies checked? Just to be aware, there is a small chance that thyroid antibodies in the mother can have some effects on the bub's thyroid function so at least where I work, in babies of antibody-positive mothers, we test thyroid function in the babies for the first few weeks of life. Practice may be different where you are but it is probably worth asking. Forewarned is forearmed :)

brown_eyes it's exciting to be going through at the same time again! Yes, my daughter's birthdate is the same as your little girl's! We are thinking about the cot-to-bed transition as well. S' cot is a big one (toddler bed) but we are planning to move her into a new, bigger room with a big girl bed in the next few months, so that she has lots of time to get used to it and for it to become "hers" before the new baby arrives. At the moment I'm just introducing a duvet and getting her out of sleeping bags (tonight will be the first night!) and she LOVES her pillow. Not sure whether we will take the side off the cot or just move her straight into a bed with a guard rail. Think it depends mostly on how organised we are with getting the new room ready (it needs new built-in robes and a coat of paint!).

tbaus congrats on the puppy! Friends of ours got a 10 week old puppy 3 weeks before they had their first baby. It was CRAZY but they managed well! Good choice on the pram too. I didn't realise that the Versa wasn't back on the market here yet (I know it was recalled for some reason maybe last year?) but I don't think you will go wrong with the GT.

PP your pregnancy is motoring along!!! So close already! How is L?

bibi I get that postural dizziness as well. I think it's just that my veins are all dilated as we run a bit warmer in pregnancy, and so when I stand up my blood pools with gravity a bit. I just have to get up more slowly and stay hydrated - the latter is an issue in itself given that my bladder capacity is negligible at the moment!

AFM, travelling along well here. Still intermittently blah after eating but much much better than a few weeks ago and no longer needing anti-nausea meds. Am very tired in the afternoons but I hope that will improve soon. I have started telling people at work and all of our close friends now know.

(14w5d)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
blacksand - That sucks big time. I was sick until 24w with my first. It really blows. And then reflux struck. :sick:

pancake - Yes, it was tested and the levels were very high. Hopefully with the treatment next week's numbers will be better. I'm glad to hear your symptoms are slowly diminishing.

15w here. I seem to be suffering from an unpleasant combination of nausea and acid reflux. Gaviscon is my friend, again. :rolleyes:

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
blacksand - don't feel bad about not enjoying pregnancy, especially given that you've had to deal with MS this long. Please, vent away here! We all know that we are blessed to be growing these little miracles inside of us, but that doesn't mean it's fun/enjoyable all the time.

anchor - glad the Synthroid is helping. I have had major fatigue throughout this pregnancy, and it is really difficult. Sorry about the nausea and acid reflux. That is a killer combo.

pancake - good to know we're not the only ones moving our DD into a new room AND a new bed. Sometimes I feel bad for all the changes she has coming her way with potty training, trying to get rid of the paci, and a new baby on the way. I know these little ones are resilient, but I feel a little guilty sometimes.

AFM - 3rd trimester!! I cannot believe it. This pregnancy has flown by. I am still really tired, and I am officially the size I was at 40 weeks with my first. This pregnancy has definitely been more painful, and I will be borrowing a couple maternity support belts to see if that helps with some of the pain. I am still exhausted and have had hard time getting anything productive done after E is in bed. Part of me is ready to be done with the pregnancy part and have this sweet baby in my arms, and part of me is freaking out a little that it's happening so fast.

~27w2d

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the 3rd tri, brown eyes! What's your EDD?

I want to try taking Zantac instead of Gaviscon today. My pharmacist says the effect is supposed to be longer lasting. I'll report back with the results!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Anchor - Thank you! My EDD is June 11. Hope the Zantac is helping.

Are any of you ladies planning on doing cloth diapers. Better yet, any 2nd timers who did it with their first? The CD thread is all but dead, but I would love to get discussions going again.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
brown eyes, I used cloth with #1, and plan to again with #2.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Pancake - I thought so! What did you love for the different stages? I'm in love with applecheeks but I only recently started using them some on E, so I'm a super newbie.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Applecheeks are lovely, I would have had more but they were so expensive to buy here - either posted from Canada or the US, or buying locally.

For early on, I used Bambooty AIOs and sized fitted terries with covers. From 3-4 months onwards the OSFM nappies started to fit well, so although I tried about a million different nappies, this time we will be sticking with the trusty stash of Charlie Bananas and BumGenius 4.0. I do have others but will pass those on to others or sell or whatever. I think we must have tried at least 10 brands, probably more! I'm not sure what we'll do early on here - #1 has been out of nappies since just after Christmas but #2 will be born when the weather here is still cold and wet, not great for cloth nappies and drying as I really dislike using the dryer if it can be avoided. Either I'll get some more prefolds to use in covers, or we'll use disposables for a bit longer. Last time S was fully transitioned into cloth by about 8-10 weeks I think, so i'll be aiming to do the same this time. If #2 were to be a summer baby then I would go cloth as soon as the meconium was stopped but I just don't want to create more work for myself than I can handle!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Just popping in to check on gem and everyone:)

Browneyes, we use cloth diapers for E and used them with our older son as well. We streamlined our stash now that we know what we like the best. Everything is snap closure unless noted b/c velcro laundry tabs just don't seem to stay done and ruin your diapers in the wash.

For weeks 1-6 we used lil joeys and kissaluvs and motherease sandy fitted with rumparoos and thirsties covers. If we have another baby we will buy more lil joeys.

Now we are in our size 1 and one size stash.

I love our applecheeks and DH (our designated diaper washer, I love him so much more for that! :lol: :love: :lol: ) says they are his fave b/c the poop comes off them the best. We usually stuff them with a gmd orange edge or yellow edge prefold (preemie/newborn/infant size). I have one applecheeks bamboo insert and like it a lot, I might buy a few more of them. I also have some AMP diapers which are very similar to applecheeks, but the outer covers seem to leak/wick much more than the applecheeks.

We have about 10 "old style" bum genious elementals b/c B could wear those to daycare. I like them a lot and love that they are all organic cotton. DH says they are the hardest to wash but he likes that they are AIO.

We just got two Bumgenious freetimes and are liking them a lot. They are smaller/trimmer than the elementals and DH says they wash well. I'm not thrilled about the microfiber and the pockets on the "petals" are a little weird but they fit E wonderfully and his skin doesn't get as wet as with the elementals.

We have some Sunbabies pockets the old style and the new style (china cheapies) we like them a lot too, and DH finds them easy to wash. Again we stuff with gmd prefolds. They have cute prints and seem to fit E quite well. We loved them for B, but my three fave diapers just totally started leaking like the pul is completely not waterproof, so they have been retired:(

We have two tots bots which are ADORABLE and I like. They seem like they'd be really cushy/comfy for E. They are velcro which I love, but even these don't tend to stay done in the wash. DH says they are ok to wash.

We have two ragababe AI2 that fit E now and some AIOs that will fit him later. These are my favorite diapers. I bought them when the company first started and they were easy to buy. I also bought a few AIOs off of ebay for a good price. I just can't see spending the $ and the aggravation of navigating the actual purchase process now though...these were our bullet proof nighttime solution for B until he was almost 4 (at which point we switched to target disposables...he didn't nighttime train until he was almost 5).

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Good news! The Zantac is working wonders!

I used BumGeniuses with J. We loved them until 2yo. At that point, the diapers just couldn't contain everything. He was PTed 6 months later.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
I'm 18 months into cloth diapering and mostly love it! Our water bill has gone up but it's hard to say if it's just the diapers or the baby in general. We've always washed every other day.
After going through a lot o different brands I didn't like (grovia most notably) we now use all pockets and like sunbaby and rumparooz best. Rumparooz are starting to be too small in the rise for dd, especially when stuffed for night.

We cd'd from he beginning but almost everything we have irritated her cord so we waited until that fell off to go all in. For newborn we used fitteds and covers, and bg Aio.

Then for a long time (before solid food) we used bg freetimes exclusively. Those, to me, are too much trouble when you have to spray the poop. Plus ours were Velcro and she figured out how to take hem off really early on.

Be just ordered a dozen sunbaby pull up trainers to try, changes are such a battle I think the pull up style will really help.

Oh we stuff our pockets with GMD yellow edge and hemp doublers. I do also like GMD flats, but learned the hard way that the size small white are much better for stuffing than the large unbleached. I have like 30 lg unbleached - I think I kith try making them into some newborn inserts or cutting them into newborn size flats. Hey are entirely too bulky for dd stuffed in a pocket IMO

I WISH I'd heard of appleheeks before dd! I may buy a few but I really don't need anything so I wanted to enjoy free diapering this time around.

For washing I finally realized that regular tide and a monthly run with bleach is what works best for us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results