Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1394666252|3632906 said:
Dee*Jay|1394650848|3632657 said:
Any (domestic) jobs/tasks that u don't like doing

ALL of them.

+ 1

Thritto.

Oh my god, I am not a domesticated human being. My goal in life is to find me a good housewife to marry, so I have a clean home and a cooked meal to come home to :lol:

I think I like to do things only half-way.

I don't mind vacuuming, but I hate lugging it into the rooms and putting it away. The winding up of the cord really pisses me off.
I don't mind laundry sorting, and doing the laundry, but I hate sorting it afterwards to put away.
I don't mind ironing, but god damn, can the iron already be plugged in and ready to go for me?! I hate waiting, and I hate putting the stuff away.
I don't mind cooking, but I hateeeee cleaning up afterwards, so I just don't do it.

:lol:
Half assed madelise.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1394704446|3633178 said:

ALL of them.

+ 1

Thritto.

Throw another log on this fire. The ONLY domestic "job" that I enjoy is cooking, but that's because I like to think I'm pretty dang good at it and rarely view it is a job to be done.

I can't wait until we hire a housekeeper, but the house isn't even in suitable enough condition at this point for that to make sense. :errrr: :nono: Hopefully within the next six months or so so that I can finally stop lugging that effing vacuum around! And the dust! Where does it all come from?!?! GAH. (Speaking of dust, if I had to pick a least favorite task...THAT would be it. I hate dusting even more than cleaning the bathrooms...all 3 of them.)

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I am always joking that we need a second wife to do the cleaning for us!

i will not kill or clean up bugs and i won't touch food scraps at the bottom of the sink or dishes that have been left wet in the sink, cos its gross. and yet i don't mind cleaning toilets. go figure

and ironing. I have specifically bought a wardrobe full of clothes that don't need ironing. if DH can't hang his clothes when they are warm and crease free from the dryer than he will just have to iron them himself

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one who takes bugs outside (instead of killing them)? I mean, unless it's a giant, hairy spider or something that stings, I gently pick them up with a Kleenex and set them back outside.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also take insects outside rather than kill them unless they are the poisonous type such as bees, centipede and the like. In general, I do not kill spiders unless they are huge because they eat insects which is a good thing in my book.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like housework, full stop. Given the choice, I'd do the ironing, as I am very fussy about how they should be ironed.

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone actually enjoys doing domestic tasks ourselves; we only do so because we need to eat and stay in a clean home or pay others to do it for us.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1394640729|3632511 said:
Vacuuming, mopping and laundry - mindless task
Wiping counter tops and wood - love to see the sheen and spotless shine

Dislikes
Cleaning bathrooms/toilet as it kills my back
Ironing - an accidental crease I created bothers me to no end
Cooking - I dislike any form of cooking and baking

I don't mind gardening as long as the sun isn't too strong. As you can probably tell, I do the stuff I don't mind (not that I necessarily like or enjoy doing) whilst my other half does the tasks I dislike.

Chrono - can I marry you? hahaha

I HATE vacuuming and mopping - we'd make the perfect couple! And I like cleaning the bathrooms!

We'd be in trouble with the cooking though. And the ironing. We'd just have to order take-out a lot and buy wrinkle free clothes! Heaven! :D

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Grocery store. Hubby does it, God bless him.
Bathroom cleaning. So tediously boring and kinda germy. :knockout:
Mopping floors. I "spot" clean until it's dirty enough that I just can't justify that method anymore.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toilets and vacuuming, and cleaning crown molding. And dusting...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny thread. I dont mind cleaning but usually prefer to be in the right frame of mind to do it. Usually force myself once a week! Ok what do I hate? Mopping floors and scrubbing shower screens. Hubby is usually quite helpful with those as he knows I loath doing it. Sadly we have about an acre of white tiles in our rental and two black hairy dogs... :nono:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I do that "spot clean" trick on my floors too.

I LOVE taking out the garbage! I like that moment of going outside briefly, breathing in the fresh air, and taking the garbage and recycling out. I don't want my husband to do it, as I find it oddly satisfying, even if it is raining.

It's a nice fantasy for me to think of having a hired housecleaner come in once a week to clean the house, as my parents did. But I'll never do it. I don't like the idea of having someone in my house, though I have pleasant memories of the maids my parents had. I can't justify it financially or otherwise as I am a homemaker who works part-time at home.

I'm the one who deals with the big spiders. I've rescued my husband when he sometimes finds those huge hairy-legged arachnids in the shower and lets out a small scream.

MrsAkin

Rough_Rock
I don't like housework. Period. I grew up with a housekeeper and never had to pick after myself. I just had to study for school. But now I pay the price of of those lazy years. I wish I was brought up with more responsibilities around the house. Now that I'm a stay at home mom I have to do everything to keep the home fires burning.

Until my pregnancy I did all my cleaning myself. Scrubbing the toilet, washing the floors with a rag and bucket by hand (I just mopped the days I felt lazy), cleaning the windows, deep cleaning the kitchen cabinets, laundry, ironing, cooking, baking, doing the dishes... You name it, I did it. I actually forced myself as I didn't want to have strangers around the house like we had during my childhood. Then I was put on a light bed rest because of a high risk pregnancy and had to hire a cleaning lady. The baby is now 5 months old and I'm too spoiled to go back! Thankfully she's a hard working woman and I can trust her. She comes every Monday and deep cleans the house. She does the heavy duty stuff like cleaning the windows, washing the walls or the kitchen cabinets and the doors alongside vacuuming and cleaning the floors, bathrooms etc... I still cook, do the laundry and ironing as my husband only likes the way I iron his dress shirts. I also vacuum, clean the bathrooms and keep the house tidy. I don't do anything compared to life before baby but he keeps me busy. :oops:

My husband doesn't do anything around the house. Nothing. But he works 7 days a week so it doesn't seem fair to expect him to help around the house. Sometimes he puts the baby to bed and that's a big help for me as I can finally get some time to relax. Oooh, and when he prepares breakfast on Sundays that's a real treat too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ALL of them.

+ 1

+2 I have a cleaning lady every other week and I just hope she stays healthy and continues to work for the rest of my life!

I cook maybe 3-4 nights and do not really enjoy it. And for laundry I do my own clothes and all the linens, and DH and DD each wash their own clothes!!! Yay!!! My husband is very helpful, though. If the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, he'll unload it without being asked. I am sure he'll cook half the time once he retires early in 3.5 years.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's hard to keep up with it all, so I try to do a little each day. It's not overwhelming unless I let it go for too long. I hate mopping the floors and filing papers/mail.

My husband doesn't clean as much as I wish he would, but we do work together more then we used to. I gave in maybe a year or two ago and we hired a cleaning lady to come by twice a month. She was a godsend! We had to let her go when we moved, but I'd love to hire someone else one day.

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
I think I am in the minority here. I don't mind housework. I have half a day off a week and my job is very people based so I don't mind the mindless, quiet pottering around the house, doing washing, cleaning etc in time for the weekend. Its actually quite relaxing.

the only job I really put off is ironing and can only tolerate doing it if there is a good scifi or zombie dvd on HAHA!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
dishes I hate hate hate doing dishes!!!
I tease my wifey that I married her so I would not have to do dishes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results