shape
carat
color
clarity

New POJ metallic baroque studs!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I coveted bsomlo's metallic POJ studs, so I asked Kevin to match me a pair. He was so nice that he sent me two pairs to choose from!

Here are the two pairs:
white-nuggets__5_.jpg

I'm 95% sure I'm keeping the first pair. The second one has sharper luster, but I really like the more free form shape of the first pair.

image__3_10.jpeg

photo__83_1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That is a deliciously hard choice to make!!! I agree. I like the shape of the first pair better. But sharp luster is sharp luster.

In other words, you can't go wrong.

Ear shots, please!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good choice!

To my eye, the second pair looks like it's trying to be round and failing. Whereas the first pair look like little souffles!

:appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Sooo, upon closer inspection - I may end up keeping the 2nd pair. The first pair has some pits in the back of one pearl and parts where the nacre has worn off around the edges on the other.

The second pair seems pretty perfect all the way around.

Thoughts? Should I not care if there are blemishes that aren't visible?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Ear shots - I am now completely undecided. Would appreciate opinions!

image__4_2.jpeg

image__5_1.jpeg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Just my thoughts - I like the second pair!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1394148461|3628935 said:
Just my thoughts - I like the second pair!
Thank you! I ended up keeping the 2nd pair. I know that the imperfections in the 1st would bug me.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I agree about the imperfections - that would be all I would see!

A

Andromeda

Amazing beauties! I like the second pair a tad more than the first pair though. Both look so lovely on you :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I like the second pair best. But, I see that you already made the choice to keep them. Well done. :))

They look lovely on. :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
When it comes to our pearls, we have to be perfectly honest with ourselves. Only we know what we can and can not live with.

Good for you that you realized quickly, and respected, your reaction to the pits (even though no-one would see them).

I think the second pair is baroque enough that it does not look like a round wannabe. There is a fine line between baroque-enough to be interesting and clearly not-trying-to-be-round, and so slightly baroque it can be mistaken for round, when that is not the wearer's intention.

I think your pair fits into the first category.

Well done! Enjoy your beautiful new studs.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to vote for the second pair (their luster is outrageous) and I am happy to see those are the pair that you are keeping! I really like their shape as well. Wear them in perfect health and enjoy!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I too was going to vote for the second pair :) Love the luster and shape !

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am happy with my decision to keep the second pair. I'm going to plan the next week's outfits around wearing them. :)

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
Lovely choice! Congratulations! :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1394158446|3629023 said:
I like the second pair best. But, I see that you already made the choice to keep them. Well done. :))

They look lovely on. :appl:

says it for me!
color me :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results