shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl strand for my daughter

Kaede

Rough_Rock
My daughter is graduating from college this May. I want to get her a nice strand of pearls. She is very fair with bright red hair and gray eyes. She owes nothing on her education (fully funded by various scholarships and grants) and is going to grad school in the history of economics. That's fully funded too.

I thought peacock Tahitian would look beautiful with her skin tone. Any suggestions on colors or places to buy. I thought about spending around $8,000.00

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl Paradise is just now arriving back from their spring shopping trip to HongKong. They did buy more Tathitians. Most of their stock never is posted on the web site so call and let them know what you are looking for and it probably is already in their vault.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kaede - Congratulations to your daughter! Sounds like she has a great future ahead of her! I agree with the others - contact PP and have them help you select the perfect strand for your daughter. It will be a piece of jewelry she will cherise the rest of her life!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely call Pearl Paradise and please share pictures when you make your purchase :wavey:

Kaede

Rough_Rock
Thank you for you kind words. My daughter did it all on her own. Her other interest is in comic books. She could have gone and gotten a Phd in "The Representation of Radical African American Thought as Seen Through Popular Comic Books." I know she wrote a paper on that and was trying to get it published. Her prof was VERY pleased with the paper.

Any how, I want to get her something to wear that is tasteful and will look good on her milk white skin when she is presenting a position paper.

I thought she would look good in peacock Tahitians cause when she bruised her shins playing soccer or basketball that's the color they turned.

Pook kid sun burns in February. In Massachusetts no less.

Any ideas about size? She is short. About 5'4" but built like Marilyn Monroe.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I just got my grandmother a strand of big Tahitians from Pearl Paradise back in December. They were great to work with. I think peacocks would be universally flattering. I also have a string of silver baroque Tahitians, found here, which really pop with my outfits but it's a less classic look.

If you're not going to purchase until later, see if you can hold off until PP's next sale. They'll probably do one around Mother's Day, if not sooner. I was able to get my grandmother's Tahitians during their Cyber Monday sale and they were 20% off.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kaede - I think 10mm would be a good pearl size especially in a bright peacock. I am partial to larger pearls but this size might be more versatile. Definitely wait for the PP sale and ask for pictures of a few pearl sizes on the neck stand for comparison purposes. Have fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results