shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling DS and anyone else with the Tiffany Legacy band

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I have always admired Tiffany's celebration ring collection. With my new Swing band purchase, I'm thinking about picking up another band to wear with it. I have always loved the Tiffany legacy band, and I'm just curious how well yours has held up since you've had it?

How often do you wear it? Have you had any problems with stones falling out? How do you kept it clean?

Since I have the pink sapphire swing, I'm thinking about either the pink sapphire/diamond legacy band or the all diamond version. Since the band is delicate, I guess I'm wondering if it's durable at all? Appreciate your thoughts!

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should post the same question on Rockytalky. You'll probably get some helpful comments there.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Jill! Sorry I am just now seeing this!

I love the Legacy band! I don't wear my rings when doing dishes or anything that would damage them or get them really dirty, so I don't have any problem keeping them clean. I let them soak in that red jar of Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner once or twice a week, and maybe once every couple of months, I do put it very briefly in the ultrasonic with warm water and a little cleaning fluid. The ultrasonic part is a little risky, but I haven't lost a stone. The diamonds seem to be set well, and my band still looks great after 6-7 years (I'd have to look back to even see when I got it!). I just think you have to be careful with any rings with milgrain if you don't want to damage or wear away the milgrain.

I love the swing ring, too! Since you have pink sapphires in that ring, I'd prefer all diamonds on the Legacy band. I think it might be too much to have pink sapphires in the Legacy band, too. Plus it makes the Legacy band more versatile to wear with other things.

Hope this helps!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Legacy band. I've only had mine for two years and I don't wear it every day. I absolutely love it! It's very well made (of course it's Tiffany!) but with any eternity band you have to be careful. Have you ever tried Dazzle Stick? It works great for cleaning although not very cost effective. Let us know what you decide!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1393960304|3627347 said:
I have the Legacy band. I've only had mine for two years and I don't wear it every day. I absolutely love it! It's very well made (of course it's Tiffany!) but with any eternity band you have to be careful. Have you ever tried Dazzle Stick? It works great for cleaning although not very cost effective. Let us know what you decide!

Ah, the Dazzle Stik is in the family of products of the jewelry cleaner I use! I definitely will buy one of these for travel! Thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
See, I did NOT like that dazzle stick! In part because of the weird brush thing. Whatever the cleaner is didn't seem like it ever really rinsed, it felt like a film was still on my stuff. I really had to get at my stuff to get the "haze" it left behind back off. It went right in the trash. The only thing I like from that brand is their empty jar (as in I buy the cleaner, dump the liquid out, and save the tray, brush and jar), brush and tray.

I just save the little sparkle sparkle bottle I have, and refill it from the large one for travel. I have the "purple stuff" as well. If I don't do a full cleaning I wash my hands with dish soap and give it a squirt with either windex or one of the aforementioned sprays.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1393985007|3627655 said:
See, I did NOT like that dazzle stick! In part because of the weird brush thing. Whatever the cleaner is didn't seem like it ever really rinsed, it felt like a film was still on my stuff. I really had to get at my stuff to get the "haze" it left behind back off. It went right in the trash. The only thing I like from that brand is their empty jar (as in I buy the cleaner, dump the liquid out, and save the tray, brush and jar), brush and tray.

I just save the little sparkle sparkle bottle I have, and refill it from the large one for travel. I have the "purple stuff" as well. If I don't do a full cleaning I wash my hands with dish soap and give it a squirt with either windex or one of the aforementioned sprays.

I've never experienced that type of out come with Dazzle Stik. I just use it sparingly because it's ridiculously expensive for it's size.
I know we've gotten off topic a bit :rolleyes: Getting back to the Legacy band, you will not be disappointed. The quality and craftsmanship is top notch. It's very versatile and traditional and goes with really any style.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bonfire|1394060448|3628245 said:
ame|1393985007|3627655 said:

I've never experienced that type of out come with Dazzle Stik. I just use it sparingly because it's ridiculously expensive for it's size.
I know we've gotten off topic a bit :rolleyes: Getting back to the Legacy band, you will not be disappointed. The quality and craftsmanship is top notch. It's very versatile and traditional and goes with really any style.
Yea the price is insane. But I wanted to see if it was worth having in my travel bag vs my mini Sparkle Sparkle that I refill and I decided it was not going to work for me.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1393731548|3625634 said:
Oh, Jill! Sorry I am just now seeing this!

I love the Legacy band! I don't wear my rings when doing dishes or anything that would damage them or get them really dirty, so I don't have any problem keeping them clean. I let them soak in that red jar of Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner once or twice a week, and maybe once every couple of months, I do put it very briefly in the ultrasonic with warm water and a little cleaning fluid. The ultrasonic part is a little risky, but I haven't lost a stone. The diamonds seem to be set well, and my band still looks great after 6-7 years (I'd have to look back to even see when I got it!). I just think you have to be careful with any rings with milgrain if you don't want to damage or wear away the milgrain.

I love the swing ring, too! Since you have pink sapphires in that ring, I'd prefer all diamonds on the Legacy band. I think it might be too much to have pink sapphires in the Legacy band, too. Plus it makes the Legacy band more versatile to wear with other things.

Hope this helps!

DS, thanks for your response! I feel like the quality of Tiffany pieces is so good, but we do have to be careful as it is jewelry and must be treated gently. I'm still debating on whether I'd like the legacy band or if I want a shared prong with larger stones, but I really do appreciate your thoughts! Thank you!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock

Bonfire, thanks so much for your response. Do you wear an ering with your legacy band? If so, what type? I googled the Dazzle Stick and think I might need to check it out!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1394221293|3629463 said:

Bonfire, thanks so much for your response. Do you wear an ering with your legacy band? If so, what type? I googled the Dazzle Stick and think I might need to check it out!

I have two other diamond eternity rings in various diamond sizes. I like to wear my Legacy as a stacker and it always looks stunning.
Sometimes when I'm feeling less blingy, I like to wear it alone. It's very comfortable. It's my "all around go to" ring. Worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Bonfire|1394221830|3629470 said:

I have two other diamond eternity rings in various diamond sizes. I like to wear my Legacy as a stacker and it always looks stunning.
Sometimes when I'm feeling less blingy, I like to wear it alone. It's very comfortable. It's my "all around go to" ring. Worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

Sounds stunning! Do you have pictures by chance? :bigsmile: Also, do you find that the legacy band has enough presence to hold its own when you're wearing it by itself?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1394222342|3629474 said:
Bonfire|1394221830|3629470 said:

Sounds stunning! Do you have pictures by chance? :bigsmile: Also, do you find that the legacy band has enough presence to hold its own when you're wearing it by itself?

"Presence" is a relative term! By PS standards probably not :lol: But sometimes I like to wear something dainty and minimal, and it fits that bill very well.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You be the judge, however my phone and I take crappy jewelry pics.

_15575.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never worn it by itself, but that's what other bands are for! I have thought a lot about getting one of the Beverley K rings like the alternating marquise and round with milgrain to go in between the e-ring and Legacy band. And the only reason I haven't is that I am still debating whether I will leave my AVR in a plain solitaire. But I do plan to use the Legacy band with whatever I end up with!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went today to try on the Soleste band...they only had it in a size 4 so I couldn't really try it on but I did check it out, and I really liked it. I wish it had been available when I was looking at bands there, because I probably would've gotten that vs the channel!!! Same size melee, same carat weight, but the band's just around 2mm even. This 2mm channel is around 2.3 actually. The half eternity soleste is $2350 and the full is I think $3350 or something? Not happening, probably ever, but man I adored it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1394397645|3630612 said:
I went today to try on the Soleste band...they only had it in a size 4 so I couldn't really try it on but I did check it out, and I really liked it. I wish it had been available when I was looking at bands there, because I probably would've gotten that vs the channel!!! Same size melee, same carat weight, but the band's just around 2mm even. This 2mm channel is around 2.3 actually. The half eternity soleste is $2350 and the full is I think $3350 or something? Not happening, probably ever, but man I adored it.

That's funny, I was pretty conflicted between the Soleste and Legacy, but in the end it was the milgrain that did it for me. :D

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wear a 2.4mm channel set T&Co. eternity band with my Vatche "Grace" halo, and I absolutely love it. Bead set eternity bands are not for me because of how active I am with my hands, and would just make me nervous. I'd be constantly looking to make sure all of my stones are there.

melissa_s_rings_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results