shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone tell me about these Mikimoto earrings?

CaliMom17

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, this is my first time visiting your site, and I have to say I'm very thankful I found it! There seems to be a large wealth of knowledge on these boards :)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about these earrings. These appear to be real Mikimoto pearls, great luster with pink overtones, approx. 5.5mm, but wanted some expert opinions first before I do anything with them. So my questions are:
1) Did Mikimoto make jewelry in sterling silver? I've seen them before, but wanted to make sure.

2) Does this hallmark look legitimate to you, or is it suspect? "M" in the shell with "SILVER" on the other side.

3) Any idea on the age of these?? I was judging by the diamond cut sterling and style they were 1950's?

Thank you very much for your time!

img_0466.jpg
img_0471.jpg

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Love the ribbon motif and the pearls have excellent luster! Yes, Miki's were set in silver, I think you have dated this earring pair pretty closely also. I think the delicate textured edging is called milgrain. I'm not a Miki expert, but there is another forum where we see quite a few Miki products. Congratulations on a lovely pair of earrings!

CaliMom17

Rough_Rock
Great! Thank you so much Pattye. I was able to find the exact earrings in 14k for pierced ears, so they are looking authentic :appl: I appreciate the time you took to respond! Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day with lots of pearls!! :love:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
CaliMom17 - I'm not an expert so I can't add anything there but your earrings are so elegant! Enjoy wearing them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results