shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
NEL I am so excited for you!!! Have you settled on a name? I can't wait to hear what you pick:)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
NEL, wondering if Baby#2 will come early on her own schedule like K did. So excited to meet her :) And as for being nervous: maybe with K since she was the first kid, the excitement was far and away more than any nervousness. For Baby#2, you don't have that first time mom excitement so the nervousness is more apparent. Not sure if that makes any sense...

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I've been MIA. This has been a pretty easy pregnancy so far especially in the second trimester, so not much new to report on my end. I had another regular appointment today, and everything seemed good. I'm up 16 pounds which I'm not happy about, but hopefully I can keep my total weight gain to around 30 pounds. I'm 23 weeks exactly according to my due date, but the nurse said I was measuring ahead which isn't surprising to me. I always thought I was at least 3-4 days ahead of my EDD. I doubt I will make it to June 9, and I wouldn't be surprised if I had the baby at the end of May. Because of my age, they will start monitoring me more closely at 32 weeks, and I'm sure if there is anything unusual that I will be induced early.

Congrats to all the Moms-FPS, Missy, Bella! You're very close too, NEL and Gem! I can't wait to be at that point.

Brown_eyes, sounds like everything is going well for you like it is for me! I have to get the dreaded GD test for the second time during this pregnancy. The last time I failed the one hour but passed the 3 hour, so I'm going straight to the 3 hour test this time.

PP-how's everything going with you? If I remember correctly from the Just Barely Pregnant thread that you're a couple of weeks ahead of me.

Dragonfly-hope your gas and reflux has eased up. I do still have gas, but haven't had any heartburn or reflux issues yet.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Coda, so glad everything is going well for you! An easy pregnancy is a good thing. Try not to worry about the weight gain--it's different for everybody. I gained almost all of my weight in the first tri--I think I was up 12 lbs. by the end of the first trimester and I've gained 18 lbs. total for the entire pregnancy. So maybe the weight gain will slow. 16 lbs. at 23 weeks doesn't sound bad at all to me.

LC, I've really been expecting to go into labor for the past week or so. This baby's head is really low and the pressure is constant, so it just feels like the contractions will start any minute. Plus, I've had more irregular BH contractions this time around. But as of last week my cervix was still pretty high, so at this point I think I might actually make it. I hope I do--I have a mani/pedi scheduled tomorrow and I'd like one last chance to relax before this baby comes. Even if contractions start before my appt., I might go anyway :)

Bella, we STILL have not decided on a name. It's driving me crazy. As of today we think we'll stick with Cora Elizabeth, but DH is still not ready to commit. I bought some valentine's day cards that are supposed to be from the girls and I can't sign baby #2's name in them yet because she doesn't have one!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
NEL, I hope you are holding your beautiful little girl in your arms right now and that everything went smoothly!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yooo hoo, NEL! Waiting to hear from you. Hope you're holding your sweet daughter in your arms :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
NEL-hope all is well and can't wait to see pics and find out your little girl's name:)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all! Just barely getting a post in before midnight on Cora's b-day!

All is well here! Cora Elizabeth was born at 8:32 on 2/12/14. She weighs 7lbs., 7oz. and is 19 inches long. K was able to meet her sister today and it went really well--K was really excited about it. Cora is a little tongue tied, but still has a great latch and my supply has already started coming in, so I feel like breastfeeding is going easier (so far) this time around.

As nervous as I was before having Cora, I'm over the moon now. It's so wonderful seeing K with her sister. It's probably just the hormones, but I couldn't be happier!

Attaching a couple of pics and then going to bed!

ETA: darn, I missed posting on her b-day by a couple of minutes!

hospital1_ps.jpg

hospital2_ps.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats NEL!!! Cora is beautiful, and I'm so glad breast feeding is going well already! Yay for K being excited about meeting her little sister, so cute! Can't wait to see more pics of them together!

Get some rest, and have a smooth recovery!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Aw NEL-She is gorgeous!!!! She looks a lot like K doesn't she? Congrats!!!! Love her name :love:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
So sweet, and so like her big sister. Congrats on another beautiful addition to your family!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
NEL, congratulations! Cora is beautiful, and she really does look a lot like her big sister K! I love her hair!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats NEL!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats NEL!!! Cora is beautiful! She was born on my niece's birthday!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Cora!!! Look at those adorable chubby cheeks! She's BEAUTIFUL, NEL! Well done :appl: Hugs to your whole family and glad K is loving her little sister :)

~LC

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, pregnant ladies! I just saw a deal online for babyleggings.com...you can get 5 pairs of baby leggings (valued at $10 each) for free using code ENBABY. You just need to pay the shipping which is $12.95. I am not sure how long the promotion is valid for so if you are intested, act quickly! I just put 5 pairs in my cart and added the promo code, and it looks like it worked.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats NEL! What a perfect little angel!! :love:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
All these new babes are just perfect! Congrats to you mamas- Bella, Missy and NEL! Hope these first days and weeks are wonderful and memorable :love: :love: :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats NEL!!! Welcome baby Cora!!! Hope all is well and you're feeling good!! :appl:

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
JGator said:
Hi, pregnant ladies! I just saw a deal online for babyleggings.com...you can get 5 pairs of baby leggings (valued at $10 each) for free using code ENBABY. You just need to pay the shipping which is $12.95. I am not sure how long the promotion is valid for so if you are intested, act quickly! I just put 5 pairs in my cart and added the promo code, and it looks like it worked.

A friend ordered these and gave us a pair as a gift! They are actually legwarmers not leggings. We liked our pair! They are a little bigger than the other brands of legwarmers we have, so O can still wear them at 11 months. I'm not sure how small of baby can wear them because we got hers at 7 months and they seemed to fit her just right then. I love love loved baby legwarmers because O got a lot of cute onesies and I am not crazy about the look of onesies tucked into leggings.

Never pay full price on that site, you can always get a code to get them for the cost of "shipping" (which is obvi inflated!). It's the same company that has similar deals on nursing covers, car seat covers, and baby slings. While the nursing cover wasn't high quality IMO, it was definitely worth the shipping cost and nice to have an extra lying around. We used the carseat cover a lot too and it was actually pretty nice. Didn't bother getting the sling because I heard it wasn't great but that might be worth it too. All of their stuff does take a while to ship.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
NEL She is SOOOOOO beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! She has such beautiful eyes and I just love her cheeks! I just know you are going to be so so in love!

P.S. We are officially team blue :)

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Coda- pregnancy weight gain is a definite bummer. At my 25 week visit I was up about 20 lbs! Ahh. I'm dreading my check up this week to see how much more I've gained. I was back to "normal" about 4 months after DD, so I'm not too concerned. I try to remember that it took 9 months to put on and won't let myself feel bad until 9 months after the birth. Haha. I'm glad your pregnancy is otherwise easy! That's such a relief. I went 41 weeks with DD, so if you have your baby at the end of May and I go 41 weeks then we just might have babies super close!

Dragonfly- Congrats on Team blue!

NEL- Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear K is loving her baby sister. If you have time to answer- what did you do regarding nursery items? Bed, dressers, rocker, etc. Did you just buy a new set of all for Cora? I'm not sure I'm ready to put L in a full bed, but also not sure I want to buy another crib! Also, we use L's rocker in her room, so I'm wondering if we will need another in new baby's room. Thoughts?

AFM- 27 weeks tomorrow. GD test on Friday- so not looking forward to that.
I've been feeling pretty dizzy and light headed easily lately, so I plan to mention that at my appointment since it doesn't seem to be getting better.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all! So far everything is going well, though very different from bringing home K. With your first you are able to be flexible with the on-demand schedule. With your second, you're still tring to keep the toddler's schedule, which is hard. I literally made dinner while nursing Cora the night I cam home from the hospital. I would have had D get takeout, but there was a blizzard.

PP, the nursery items. I did end up getting a second crib--the exact same one K has. It's just a cheap Jenny Lind crib, so it was under $200. K loves her crib and its convertible, so we wont be getting rid of it anytime soon. i also ended up getting a second (cheap) changing table since K is still in diapers. And another dresser. I only have one glider, though. I mostly used it for nighttime feelings and we haven't had those for a long time.

Good luck to everybody!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the update NEL! I am seriously dreading the change in our lives soon. I'm glad to hear it's been a transition for you as well (ie- not as easy as with 1st), because it will help me cling to the reality that it will take changes and adjustments, but it will all work out. You are definitely a super hero making dinner while nursing- especially just after coming home! Wow. Thank you for sharing your nursery details- it really helps a lot hearing how others manage two young ones!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, NEL! Hope everything is going well with baby Cora!

PP-Good luck on your GD test on Friday! I have to get one in the next couple of weeks, and I'm not looking forward to it. I actually already had one early on in this pregnancy because they detected sugar in my urine. I failed the one hour and passed the three hour, so I'm going straight to the three hour test this time.

As far as everything else, just chugging along here. Just passed the 24 week mark and can't believe I still have 16 weeks to go! And I'm just not a person that enjoys pregnancy. The first trimester was rough, and the second is better, but I still get extreme fatigue when I push myself hard. I really just can't wait until this whole thing is over, and I have my baby in my arms. Plus this winter has been absolutely horrible, so once winter is finally over, it's only a short wait until baby is here. The only good thing about having 16 more weeks is that we just started the nursery, and we do need some time to finish it. I also haven't bought that many things yet, so I do have to get on buying the necessary items.

Brown_eyes-my almost due date partner, how is everything going with you?

Gem-looks like you're next! Hopefully the last few weeks go well with you.

Dragonfly-congrats on team blue!

JGator and Mia-thanks for the info on the legwarmers. I'll have to check them out.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
NEL - Congrats on sweet baby Cora! You are super mom cooking dinner while nursing on your first night home, I can't even imagine. I want to thank you for the advice you gave me a while back about how you balance work and home. I finally started a part time schedule this week and it has been SOOO much better for everyone.

PP - Good luck on Friday! I have to say I am really not looking forward to my GD test in a couple of weeks...

Coda - hello almost due date partner! So sorry that you've had to do so many GD tests this pregnancy. So not fun.

Dragonfly - congrats on team blue!

AFM - not a lot to report, just hit 24 weeks today and can't believe how much bigger I am this pregnancy than with the last one. My grandma asked me if I was having twins this time around because I am just about the size I was at 40w last go around. Started working part time this week to help my work-life balance and it has been so great having the afternoons to spend with my DD. We recently (2 months ago) bought a new house that needed both extra rooms repainted so our plan was to paint DD's room while she lived in the nursery and then move her to her big girl bed in her new room so that we could paint the nursery. She has yet to sleep in her room yet though... No interest in sleeping in the big girl bed (twin mattress on the floor). I guess we'll be moving the crib into her room :roll: Oh well. She just turned 2 so I have no doubt that by the time we actually need the crib, she will be transitioned out of it. I was just hoping it would happen sooner rather than later.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
coda72|1392768514|3618130 said:
Gem-looks like you're next! Hopefully the last few weeks go well with you.

Coda! Yep it seems I am next. Woo hoo! 4 weeks seems so close yet so far away...

Sorry about the three hour GD test. Sounds horrible. I felt sick enough after I drank that stuff for the one hour that I think I would have had a hard time with a 3 hour test.

I can completely relate to not really "enjoying" pregnancy. I mean it's ok and I am super stoked about having my baby, but being pregnant is not easy. It is cool to feel the little guy move and squirm, but it can also be uncomfortable at times. I'm just trying to enjoy it as much as I can while I can because who knows maybe someday I'll be one of those ladies who actually misses being pregnant. I definitely think after all this time that NOT being pregnant might be weird, ya know?

What's going on with your nursery? We did blue walls and an underwater theme for the decor. DH was really proud of it :)

Welcome to everyone else who recently joined!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Well, at 15w2d I need to boot myself out of the JBP thread. Seeing as I have a distinct belly and everyone in our lives knows about the pregnancy now (at least if theyre on FB...) I'm not really new anymore.

Just wanted to say hi to my thread companions for the next few months. I need to go back and read what everyone is up to! :wavey:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Coda- I think the one hour is a joke. I couldn't find any consistent information regarding fasting before so at about 2-3 hours before (eggs).
I wish they would have just done the 2 hour. If it makes you feel any better- I haven't bought anything big for this baby. I hope the fatigue passes soon. It's the worst and makes the days so long.

Brown eyes- I didnt realize you have a 2 years old. My dd is 19 months, so I'm curious how 2 under 2 will be! Keep us updated on her transition to her big girl room. I'm debating buying a second crib vs getting her a normal bed. I'm just not sure she's ready- she moves a ton. I get asked any time I'm in public if I am due in 2-3 weeks or if I'm having twins! It was the same with DD so I don't take it personally.

Claritek- welcome! I look forward to hearing about your pregnancy!

Afm- 28 weeks. I failed my 1 hour glucose. 160 when it needed to be under 139? I'm not too surprised considering it's impossible for me to not eat the most sugary foods in the house. I should have the 3 hour next week. I'm feeling huge and tired. I feel terrible for DD because I don't want to do anything. It seems to be worse when it's cold outside. I'm really wanting to next. I don't recall wanting to with DD, so it's a weird feeling to want to get big projects around the house done now, even though we've already agreed on holding off until the summer.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Clairitek - Welcome! Glad to hear your family is in the know. Good luck in the second trimester!

PP - Sorry to hear about the 1-hr test. Hopefully you will pass the 3-hr! Just curious were you pregnant with your DD during nice weather? If so maybe that's why you weren't as concerned with the inside of the house. Anyway I hope you guys can settle on getting done what is enough for your family before the new arrival!

I don't really have a baby update as everything is on track and I'm not predicted to go early, but I do have a jewelry update! :naughty: I wasn't planning to get a push present, but after much thinking about it and also taking into consideration that my birthday is 10 days before my due date, I decided to get myself a birthday/push present! I upgraded my diamond studs to 0.90 tcw sold to me as SI2/I color. I'm loving them as they are fairly eye clean and the I color looks great on my ears.

Here they are next to my E color engagement ring:
image_1302_0.jpg

Ear shot!
image_1303_0.jpg

I hope all the new moms are doing great with their little ones! I'm going to have to start lurking on the newborn thread to catch up with everyone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results