shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm Finally Happy

maria121

Shiny_Rock
As some of you may know, I did a reset on a ring that my husband gifted to me when we were dating. It was a heart shaped diamond and I had a reset into a simple setting. It was a mess! The first time, the basket and the band were two different designs put into one (as you can see below). Then, the second time around, the jeweler made the band super thick. I tried to live with it for a year as we had spent quite some money on it, but I had finally had enough of it so I took it back to the jeweler to see what he can do to fix it. I found out that the place was bought by another owner, but they offered to fix it at a minimal cost. He had added some milgrain work, made the band thinner and the prongs smaller. It was all the wonderful advice that I got when I posted on PS last time. I'm finally happy with the outcome and would like to share my my ring will all of you. Cheers!

heart_ring_before_1.jpg

heart_ring_before_2.jpg

heart_ring_before_3.jpg

maria121

Shiny_Rock
Here is the after.

heart_ring_after_1.jpg

heart_ring_after_2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like they did a great job! Very pretty!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully! The jeweler did a great job, amazing how a few changes can make a difference - glad you are happy, it feels good, doesn't it? :appl:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
You're ring turned out great. :love: :love: It looks beautiful.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its looks so much better! :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much, much nicer! Enjoy your new ring!

maria121

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1391796499|3610150 said:
Looks like they did a great job! Very pretty!!!

Thank you! The new owner did a much better job this time.

maria121

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1391798892|3610195 said:
It turned out beautifully! The jeweler did a great job, amazing how a few changes can make a difference - glad you are happy, it feels good, doesn't it? :appl:

Thank you! I was a bit hesitant when the jeweler said that he can work something out with the existing setting but I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it turned out. It feels great now that I have a ring that I enjoy wearing and looking at. :wink2:

maria121

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I feel like I am finally happy to show off my ring. :appl:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting and stone!!! You don't see many heart diamonds around, I think this shows how truly lovely they can be!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting looks great with your stone! :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is great. Can you share the name of the jeweler? It sounds like he was very reasonable, and it looks like he does great work.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfection!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
It is soooo pretty and unique! Can we see pics with bands?? Imagine a custom made matching heart-shaped 3/4 diamond band??
I've never seen a heart shaped band before and that would look pretty cool I think. I would definitely turn my head to see it!

Found some! Just make sure they use good quality diamonds, u can customize

http://www.etsy.com/listing/176404888/heart-shaped-14k-white-gold-diamond-ring?ref=sr_gallery_34&ga_search_query=diamond+heart+eternity+ring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

http://www.etsy.com/listing/175318876/diamond-heart-65ct-eternity-ring-14k?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=diamond+heart+eternity+ring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh they did a wonderful job!! It's seamless now - I look at the "after" pics and it feels just right because that's exactly how it should've been done :love:

Congrats!! I'm very glad that you're finally happy, your ring is perfect now :appl:

maria121

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious|1391826053|3610557 said:
That is great. Can you share the name of the jeweler? It sounds like he was very reasonable, and it looks like he does great work.

Thank you for your kind words. The name of the jeweler is Stardust Design. The new owner and the staff were wonderful to work with. They had the changes done in less than 5 days!

maria121

Shiny_Rock
iluvdiamonds2|1391913873|3611153 said:
It is soooo pretty and unique! Can we see pics with bands?? Imagine a custom made matching heart-shaped 3/4 diamond band??
I've never seen a heart shaped band before and that would look pretty cool I think. I would definitely turn my head to see it!

Found some! Just make sure they use good quality diamonds, u can customize

http://www.etsy.com/listing/176404888/heart-shaped-14k-white-gold-diamond-ring?ref=sr_gallery_34&ga_search_query=diamond+heart+eternity+ring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

http://www.etsy.com/listing/175318876/diamond-heart-65ct-eternity-ring-14k?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=diamond+heart+eternity+ring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

Thank you! I don't wear a band with this ring so I don't have one to show. I love the two options you posted. I think it's time for me to consider a band to match my ring. :naughty:

maria121

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! This is definitely the setting that I envisioned. I just wished it was done right the first time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results