shape
carat
color
clarity

Next Time You're Complaining About SPIDERS . . .

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1390346492|3598016 said:
My first 3 tents for camping did not have sawn-in-groundsheet (SIG) or zipped-in ones (ZIG), and I kept finding creepy crawlies inside my tent, including spiders, and I gradually grew more tolerant of them.

My current tent has a ZIG and a big spider still managed to get into the tent, probably when the tent door was opened while I was cooking in the front of the tent, and hid behind my tent organiser. Gave me a fright when I saw it at eye level while striking camp, as it was not small!

I let it go though by catching it with a doggy poo-bag covered hand, as it meant no harm.

DK :))

My hubby and I were near the end of a three week camping trip around southern Africa, and we were in the Kalahari when the zipper gave out on our tent. I had the least sleep that night, imagining all the spiders, scorpions, and snakes that would come in for a snuggle. :sick:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! I would cry. ;(

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
oh heck no. that would not continue living in my house. I dont play squash but i somehow managed to acquire a squash racquet from somewhere and it lives up to its name every single time a spider ventures near me. killed 2 massive ones and a smaller one the other day. we've had a lot of rain lately and they move in when its pours. i cant blame them i suppose but i cant live with them either.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't feel so good..... :errrr:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would grab the dyson with the hose suck that minster in and the vacuum the whole house to crush it good. Then put the vacuum outside until my husband comes home to clean it. What a nightmare!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I don't like spiders. I have a small house spider right now, it's in the corner but not bothering so I'm leaving it alone.

My grandmother's house has a huge spider in it. It has at least a 50cm span. It was a problem when it had hundreds of babies which we had to go around killing otherwise the house would be taken over. The mummy spider is still there. Ack!!

I'd post a pic but I think some of you may faint.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
He's moved! :shock:

This morning, he's about a foot closer to my desk. :-o

DH thinks this is hilarious. He says "He's not going to bother you," while laughing. :(

But I do see the point: he must be eating something, and he is free pest control. When you live in a tropical place, you get used to this stuff. But I feel like he is staring at me. :???:

We've actually had quite a few of these over the years, but they're usually outside, on the porch or garage or something.

For those of you that are worried, my office is not in my house, so he won't come drop on me while I'm sleeping. So I guess that's a plus. . . ::)

You know, I see all these travel pics of "open air" hut resorts in Bali and Mexico, and all I can think is bugs! You turn one light on and bugs come from miles away.

IF he's still in here tomorrow, I'm smashing him. :|

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh go ahead and smash him already lol (sorry ilander couldn't help myself lol)

_13953.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, can you relocate him outside? Maybe knock him into a glass vase so you can totally see what's going on in there and put a plate or something over the top, and then sing "Born Free" as you leave it out on the porch or something? And don't get me wrong, I'm no bug lover, but it would totally creep me out to kill anything that big. Stuff that you can hear go "crunch" as it dies... :-o Where's that puking emotie when you need it?!?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
CLUELESS- That's so creepy! He keeps moving about a half inch or so, but I never see him do it . . . :shock:

JANE-
Okay, that's pretty bizarre! I've never heard of that before . . .

DEEJAY- What are you smokin? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not getting that close to it! These are the jumping kind! :???: Hubby said he'll "take care of it" if it's not gone by tomorrow.

Here's a story; we had just moved into a new construction apartment early in our marriage and these monsters (same as this one) had actually bred inside during construction. One night, we had 2 of them come out of the vents at the same time, and we both ended up standing on the bed with a broom, screaming our heads off. Because they

jump. TOWARDS YOU! :shock: We saw a total of 5 of them in that unit before we finally moved out.

Fast forward 25 years. I'm sitting in a brand new restaurant, I look at my shoulder, and sure enough, one of them is SITTING ON MY SHOULDER! I screamed bloody murder and climbed over the back of the booth and into the next booth in 5 seconds. The waiter came and squashed it, and half the dining room cleared out. They comp'd our meal that time. It was a smaller one, body about the size of a nickel, but it freaked me out. :o

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
iLander|1390424698|3598806 said:
I'm sitting in a brand new restaurant, I look at my shoulder, and sure enough, one of them is SITTING ON MY SHOULDER! I screamed bloody murder and climbed over the back of the booth and into the next booth in 5 seconds. The waiter came and squashed it, and half the dining room cleared out. They comp'd our meal that time. It was a smaller one, body about the size of a nickel, but it freaked me out. :o

Your story reminds me of a time when I was a teen visiting my grandparents. We had just come home from the movies and I stayed behind at the car to put something into the trash. My grandparents and my sister went up to the house and I followed a little behind them. When I got inside I felt something against my leg, thinking it was on of their cats I didn't think much of it until I looked down;

And saw a tarantula crawling off my shoe. :shock: :errrr: I screamed and jumped into my grandma's chair while my grandpa hit it with his slipper. Grandma came out of the kitchen asking what happened, we covered the carcass with a bowl and took it outside. Freaked me out! I still shudder today thinking about it. Grandpa said that in the morning we'd have to bury it 6ft under, then laughed when I didn't find it the next morning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results