shape
carat
color
clarity

small alexandrite

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I've been thinking about using small alexandrite (3mm - 5mm) as accent/side stones. I'd want the color change to be good. Cabochon could be fine. So, my questions are: 1) are alexs this small available? 2) if so, where? 3) how pricey? 4) will i get a good color change on an alex so small? Also pictures gladly accepted! ;-)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only place I know that has that would be Multicolour and I've just looked and there's quite a lot.

http://www.multicolour.com/gallery/index.html?/gallery/alexandrite/&-207050876

In terms of will they display a good colour change? A good one will, yes. It will function exactly the same as its bigger cousins. However, getting a nice one will be tricky (as ever)!

The other thing you could do is look on Ebay for Alex jewellery that is being sold and has accent Alex stones. You could break it down and use them. Mind you, again, quality will be wildly different.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LD! I was hoping you'd come through!

I looked on multicolour but u totally screwed up my search because I was looking for lots or pairs without realizing that some of the listings for smaller stones were for multiples.

I was just worried that if i went too small, the color, let alone the change, wouldn't be very apparent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results