shape
carat
color
clarity

Answering the phone with pearl studs

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
I recently have been lured to the world of pearls from the world of diamonds! I am in love! :)
I got a beautiful freshwater stud set from PP that I am wearing today. And I have to mention that I believe I got them at a fantastic price as well.

Diamond studs I didn't worry about having the phone clank against when I answer it especially at work... but will pearls that are more delicate is there any way to answer the phone without worry about damaging the pearls? Or are they durable enough to handle constant rubbing or clanking of the huge phone receiver on them?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never noticed the handset clanking on the pearls but if you're concerned, you can always switch to a hands-free headset. I use one at work at it's so much better than a regular receiver.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Happy to hear you are loving your new pearls! Since they are solid nacre and not as delicate as akoya pearls, I would think they could handle the wear well. However, I would still be careful with them and maybe get a hands free set like baby monster suggested. You might also think about getting a pair of button studs so they don't interfere with the handset. You could contact PP (I would use their online chat) and see if they could make a pair for you. The price for buttons are really affordable, so it might be worth the investment if you are concerned about ruining your nice freshwater studs.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pearls will generally happily withstand the sort of mild bumps they are likely to get from a phone to your ear - unless you are planning to knock yourself out occasionally?
I sometimes thump a pearl down onto the table to demonstrate their toughness. It's the scratches which damage them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results