shape
carat
color
clarity

Ombre Bracelets

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Why do I torture myself by sneaking over to look at what PP has? If you're interested in one of their ombre Tahitian and Akoya bracelets they have some listed. I don't know if they were there before - if so I apologize! I have an ombre necklace, bracelet & earrings that I love and really need to wear more often!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ETA - I also just saw FBE-122 dramatic 2" fireball and fw earrings! Wow - if I missed these from prior sales I really am losing it!! Too much egg nog!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I was just admiring those lovely akoya/tahitian bracelets yesterday. I would love a necklace...a triple strand :mrgreen: You definitely need to give those more wear! And those fireball earrings are yummy :love:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1389040869|3587656 said:
Why do I torture myself by sneaking over to look at what PP has? If you're interested in one of their ombre Tahitian and Akoya bracelets they have some listed. I don't know if they were there before - if so I apologize! I have an ombre necklace, bracelet & earrings that I love and really need to wear more often!
I saw those a few days ago too! I've never owned a pearl bracelet before. I'm scared that I'd ruin a pearl bracelet with my general clumsiness and tendency to bang into things. These aren't cheap!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Lit Geek - That triple was awesome and it looks like the 36 inch is gone. I got a black tuxedo blouse for Christmas from J Peterman that I think would be gorgeous with these pearls (and so many more)!!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I've just recently purchased several pearl bracelets (I have some great pictures I will post soon) and I figure I'm not the most graceful lperson in the world but I love to be able to look down at them!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon - I know they're not cheap now but I bought them when they were on sale (thank goodness)!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This thread needs some visuals. :naughty:

My ombre bracelet, worn with my favorite red sweater (sorry about that).

And, I saved a picture of the triple ombre necklace. We can dream. :bigsmile:

ombrebracelet_0.jpg

Attachments

• _74.bmp
    668.3 KB · Views: 951

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1389050473|3587758 said:
I've just recently purchased several pearl bracelets (I have some great pictures I will post soon) and I figure I'm not the most graceful lperson in the world but I love to be able to look down at them!
Can't wait to see pictures!

Fly Girl|1389051917|3587779 said:
This thread needs some visuals. :naughty:

My ombre bracelet, worn with my favorite red sweater (sorry about that).

And, I saved a picture of the triple ombre necklace. We can dream. :bigsmile:
That bracelet is beautiful! I totally want one now too but I have tons of bracelets and only ever wear one (and that's because it's a jade bangle that I never take off).

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1389043752|3587692 said:
ETA - I also just saw FBE-122 dramatic 2" fireball and fw earrings! Wow - if I missed these from prior sales I really am losing it!! Too much egg nog!

The lavender fireball necklace is incredible!!

Clearly we're all on PP's site getting ideas for the future!!!

:)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I've been eyeing those fireball long dangle earrings for months. I'm just afraid they'd be too heavy... I hope someone here buys them so we can get ear shots in real life.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I got to try these strands on last Janurary on one of my trips to PP. Wish one of these were mine but here are a couple of pictures to enjoy. Hope they have found good homes with women who love them.

photo1-31-13dtriple_strand_akoya__amp_3.jpg

photo1-31-13btriple_st_amp__opera_lengthcroped.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they look fantastic on you. I think they look much better on, than in the pictures. I wouldn't have guessed how beautiful that triple was in real life. Thanks for modeling and sharing.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
So pleased I saw this thread - thank you. Now the cherry ombre bracelet is coming my way. I have been obsessing about cherry/peacock Tahitians from reading the threads here and am very excited. The length seems a little long though at 7.5 inches - I assume they can't be made smaller given the tiny pearls...

SMC

Ideal_Rock
caro40|1389067866|3587970 said:
So pleased I saw this thread - thank you. Now the cherry ombre bracelet is coming my way. I have been obsessing about cherry/peacock Tahitians from reading the threads here and am very excited. The length seems a little long though at 7.5 inches - I assume they can't be made smaller given the tiny pearls...
I think that you can ask PP to customize the length of the bracelet to fit your wrist. Worth a shot, anyway. If you do ask them, also check to see if that will make your order "custom" as it might incur fees if you make a return.

IMO, 7.5" is quite large for a bracelet, especially if your wrists are on the smaller side.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
Yes, thanks sortmon. I have been emailing PP and have asked. I think it was FlyGirl on another thread who said she would take out the clasp and redo the bracelet on elastic and I have asked about that because it seems like a good idea. I can't even do those clasps when I have both hands available! :) If i don't replace the clasp that already makes the bracelet shorter....

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh love all of the visuals! Fly Girl Your bracelet is SO pretty!

4RG I have been dreaming about that set since I saw them in your video chat last year (insert big sigh) :love: :love: :love: I have to say they look mighty fabulous on you!

caro40 Congrats on your new bracelet! Great idea going with the elastic.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - thanks for posting visuals of your bracelet! Gorgeous!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - thanks for sharing that triple picture. I never get tired of seeing it!

4RanchGirl - How could you walk away from those pearls?!?! They look awesome on you!

caro40 - Congratulations on your new bracelet! I'm sure you'll love it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
caro40|1389069620|3587989 said:
Yes, thanks sortmon. I have been emailing PP and have asked. I think it was FlyGirl on another thread who said she would take out the clasp and redo the bracelet on elastic and I have asked about that because it seems like a good idea. I can't even do those clasps when I have both hands available! :) If i don't replace the clasp that already makes the bracelet shorter....
I had PP do my most recent bracelet on elastic, my metallic graduated lavender freshwater, and I love it. 7.5" is the perfect size for me, as the bracelet also has to get over my large hands. :roll: I know that PP has sometimes been reluctant to put very expensive pearls on elastic, as you could lose several pearls should there be a break in the strand. I am getting better at putting my ombre on and off (mine has the fishhook clasp), but I still avoid wearing it if I know I will need to take it off during the day. :(( And, such a pretty bracelet should be worn. :))

Thank you, all, for the kind comments on my ombre. The Tahitians in this piece are truly stunning. I love looking at it during the day.

Caro40, please be sure to post photos of your cherry ombre. It was hard for me to pick just one, but I went for the green/peacock. I'd love to have one in every Tahitian color.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Man, that triple ombre strand is TDF. 4RanchGirl, was it very heavy?

FlyGirl, I love your bracelet too. Green overtones are my favorite in Tahitians.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Coro40, Thanks for buying the Cherry/Peacock bracelet, because I was really tempted to buy if for my cherry collection. You put that thought to rest. I hope you love it. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
caro40|1389069620|3587989 said:
caro40, were you able to shorten the bracelet? I'm curious as I *may* be putting one on my wish list.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
You can definitely shorten, but i ended up not doing it.
I asked about elastic and was told this can break, and when I then remeasured the length with a necklace to test the 7.5 inches I decided I'd leave as is and restring here if I need to. I'm in Australia and it's easier to just do what i need to when i see it. May be too long but when I account for trying to do the thing up I might need the length....
I forgot to account for the drop in the Aussie dollar though and the 12 per cent I saved I then lost in currency differences. Gah!
So somewhat more expensive than I expected and I am desperately hoping it's as beautiful as NacreLover's - NacreLover I have been staring and staring at yours :)

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
You can knot the elastic every couple of pearls so if it breaks you can still retrieve 2 pearls. This will lengthen the bracelet a little bit but is also sized down by not having the clasp.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Caro40, Once you buy them you will be hooked. Please write a review when you get it. I want to hear your thoughts.

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
WOW. That ombre bracelet picture you posted is GORGEOUS. I know what I want next time I'm shopping for a bracelet! The akoya bracelet I have right now from PP needs to be shortened so I'm about to go through that process of calling them to find out how much that will cost me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results