shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a lightweight steam iron that doesn't leak

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Christmas my step mother wants AN IRON. (Yes, really... ) I keep reading these reviews about lousy leaking irons. Anyone have a lightweight one with steam functionality that doesn't leak all over?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if you find one I'd love to know too! It doesn't have to be very lightweight but I would love lots o' STEAM!!! Yanno, sort of like us girls when someone gets in our way!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR, there is a Black and Decker on that seems to do fab steam but the reviews all complain about leaking. I have a mini-steamer that I use ALL THE TIME. For about 10 years I had a Rowenta steamer that I paid $9.99 for but it finally gave up the ghost. This new one is OK, but it ain't my ol' Rowenta!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Rowenta Focus seems to get good reviews but sometimes I don't even trust those. I've been using a Sunbeam for a few years and while I like the design and weight of the iron I feel that the steam is lacking. Who has time to buy, try and return a half dozen irons??

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rowenta seems to be a popular brand. I thnk I have a black and decker, myself. But the hard water here has killed the steam function.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I've had a Rowenta for about 3 or 4 years. It's great. Didn't leak till I dropped it. :???:

-- Laurie

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so I spent a ridiculous amount of time reading customer reviews on irons today and ended up buying this one:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/rowenta-dw6080-eco-intelligence-iron/1040470115?Keyword=rowenta+lime+iron

It's more expensive than one I would ever buy for myself but if she likes it, then mission accomplished!

Leaking seems to be SUCH a problem with damn near every iron that you would think the manufacturers would address this as problem number one! Actually one of the reasons I bought a steamer in the first place is that my last several irons have leaked and I just got tired of it.

I'll ask her to report back once she's had a chance to use the thing a couple of times and if it's good their sales will jump because half the people on PS will be out buying the thing, LOL,

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Was going to recommend this brand---they have an awesome mangle! (wellll, except for the price....)

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1384825910|3558891 said:
OK, so I spent a ridiculous amount of time reading customer reviews on irons today and ended up buying this one:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/rowenta-dw6080-eco-intelligence-iron/1040470115?Keyword=rowenta+lime+iron

It's more expensive than one I would ever buy for myself but if she likes it, then mission accomplished!

Leaking seems to be SUCH a problem with damn near every iron that you would think the manufacturers would address this as problem number one! Actually one of the reasons I bought a steamer in the first place is that my last several irons have leaked and I just got tired of it.

I'll ask her to report back once she's had a chance to use the thing a couple of times and if it's good their sales will jump because half the people on PS will be out buying the thing, LOL,

I appreciate your review reading and you've probably chosen well, HOWEVER, that is the ugliest color iron I've ever seen!!! No one but me would consider color when choosing an iron but I hate lime green with a purple passion!! I won't trouble you with the yucky things that I am reminded of when I see this color but I couldn't possibly iron my clothes with this iron - lol! I know it's ignorant to ignore the great functions and reviews of an iron based on color but that's me and there you have it! I hope your aunt loves it though!

I agree with the reviews and leaking and such. Everytime you think you've found something great some review complains of leaking or cords shorting out or irons working only two months. What a PITA it is to find an iron - who knew it could be so difficult!!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
My Shark iron never leaks. It's great. I hate it when an iron leaks. It always happens when I'm already running late for something!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, just as an update, my daughter got me the Rowenta Focus iron for Christmas. I LOVE THIS THING! It is a touch heavier than my old iron but not enough to matter. There are lots and lots of small steam holes in the soleplate of the iron and boy does it ever steam! I'm truly happy with it - now let's hope it doesn't crap out in three months!! I did register the warranty though so fingers crossed!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR, thanks for the update on your iron! I haven't gotten an reviews from my step-mother on hers yet (and they are still up visiting family so it could be a week or two before she even takes it out of the box). I am still stunned through by how much irons cost... :confused:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what my daughter said!! The higher end ones can be really expensive but the difference is phenomenal! Guess you get what you pay for. I iron every week and am rather particular about it so for me to have a good iron is worth it.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really late, but I think the only one that really doesn't spit, is the Reliable irons. They start at about 99. and go to about 169. I think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results