shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom & groomsmen clothing options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am planning an outdoor July wedding on the University of Illinois campus and considering some non-tux options for the guys. Thought I''d run this one by you all and get opinions:

First--my dress is fairly informal as far as wedding dresses. You can see it under the show me the dress category...but basically white, chiffon, sheath style with spagetti straps, very little beading.

Idea for the guys--groom--a taupe colored suit with white shirt & tie.
Groomsmen (best man etc.) taupe colored pants, white shirt & tie with no jacket.

Do you think this will look too sloppy not to have the other guys in jackets? Any other creative ideas?

My guy really wants to at least wear a tie so he''s not into the loose shirt & pant looks that I see for island weddings.

Thanks!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hiya island dreams!
I think a taupe suit would be great, the today show does a wedding every year, and last year was a destination wedding, where the viewers vote on stuff for them, and they chose a kenneth cole suit for the groom, i really liked it here is the
link
but if you can''t see if for some reason, just google ''today show wedding'' and you should find it.
this is a pic of the suit:
041013_wedd_b_2cole.standard.jpg

I think the groom can be in a suit, and maybe the groomsmen can wear the loose shirt look??
Or maybe a more casual jacket in a matching color w/ white pants??
I don''t see anything wrong w/all the guys wearing light colored suits, and maybe just the groom w/a tie.... in most weddings don''t all the guys wear tuxes anyway, essentially wearing the same thing?!

ANyhoo, good luck and keep us updated!
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Flopkins..thanks for the picture. Similar to what we were thinking although he wants to wear a tie. It would be fine to put all the guys in the same light colored suit...problem is we don''t want to force the guys to buy a $300+ dollar suit plus shoes etc. That''s why we thought of the matching pants with no jacket option. If we could find somewhere that would rent taupe colored suits that''d be perfect but so far no luck. My guy will not wear a white tux--he thinks he would look like a Pops music conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results