shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever been robbed?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I work at a treatment agency in my area, and my state specifically has been seeing a huge surge in opiate addiction. It's scary stuff.

My dad's house was broken into and pilfered a few years ago. They took I think 10 guns, 25 knives (he's a collector, antiques mostly), money, and several other odds and ends. They knew his schedule, and had pretty clearly been watching to make sure it would be unimpeded.

The husband's car was robbed twice at an old apartment, which was in a shady neighborhood.

Once, living at the house we're currently in, our cars were both rummaged through. I don't ever keep anything of value in my car, but I went to go to work and my car was a mess, and the door wasn't even closed. I always lock it too, so it was a freak accident that I happened to not that day. Husband typically does lock his car, but missed his that day as well. He lost ~$40 in change, and I think a phone charger.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1387247569|3575776 said:
Many years ago, I came home for lunch from work and walked in on a burglary in progress. They only stole my 14K class ring and a tape recorder that I played music for my kids when they went to bed. They caught the guy but I never got my stuff back. I really wanted to give my class ring to my daughter one day. She probably wouldn't have worn it, but when I was in high school a lot of girls wore their mom's old rings.

Sadly, I have a son who is a heroin addict and he has stolen a lot from us. Some I was able to purchase back, some I wasn't able to recover. He has stolen stuff from his siblings and many expensive tool belonging to his dad. It breaks our hearts.

I am so sorry to hear your son is a heroin addict. Heroin is huge in the high schools where I live. I have 2 kids in HS and it scares me. Its in the privates schools, public schools among all socio economic levels. I have talked to my kids until I am blue in the face. And keep an eye on their friends. Even with all that, its every parents fear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results