shape
carat
color
clarity

Graduated 5 stone ring- will it fit on my finger?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I’ve collected 5 OECs that I plan on making into a graduated ring. The stones are 5.3mm, two 4mm, and two 3mm. The pictures make them look larger, obviously, but my husband and friend have pointed out that they think I might not have enough finger real estate. This would a RHR with a size 3.75 or 4. I haven’t decided on the setting yet, but would love something that is more curved to my finger rather than sitting on top straight across.

Thoughts? Will a 5 stone work? I’ve seen people with similarly sized fingers and more mm make it work.

5_stone.jpeg

5_stone_2.jpeg

5_stone_3.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1386860116|3572779 said:
I’ve collected 5 OECs that I plan on making into a graduated ring. The stones are 5.3mm, two 4mm, and two 3mm. The pictures make them look larger, obviously, but my husband and friend have pointed out that they think I might not have enough finger real estate. This would a RHR with a size 3.75 or 4. I haven’t decided on the setting yet, but would love something that is more curved to my finger rather than sitting on top straight across.

Thoughts? Will a 5 stone work? I’ve seen people with similarly sized fingers and more mm make it work.

Hi LS :wavey:

Your OECs look lovely together! ::) I had five OECs set into a Uprong for my mum several months ago and I was thrilled with how it turned out - fivestones are fundamentally romantic sorts of settings IMO and OECs just play into that perfectly :bigsmile:

I think it's all in the setting, but no question they can all fit! I wear a size4 and my fivestone fits a 9mm, two 5mm, and two 3.2mm. In order to make everything fit well without setting the sidestones overly high all the sidestones are angled pretty steeply so they 'curve' to my finger quite closely, which happens to be a look I favour as well.

What sort of setting are you thinking about? I do think something like bezels that take up more space might be tough, but Niel posted a pic of a fivestone bezel with the sidestone bezels nested under each other and it looked fabulous... so even bezels could work after all :bigsmile:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting, Yssie! Both your mom's ring and your ering are exactly the ones I was thinking about when I said people have the same finger but bigger diamonds! I love them both!

I do like the u prong look, but am concerned that with the smaller size of my stones, the u's will be too squished together, if that makes sense. I agree- I like lower settings and would want the sides angled to where they follow my finger's curvature. I just want to make sure I don't feel diamond or prong though b/c anything but a polished surface bothers my fingers.

I'm pretty wide open on the setting, though. The only caveat is that my ering is a trellis setting, so if I did a trellis setting as well (like Clairetek's old 5 stone- I loved it!), it would need to be significantly different for me from my existing setting.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie's was the first one I thought of! I'm betting even if you decided to bezel, they'd still fit if they're curved. My thee stone is about 15mm of stones and they're bezeled, super low to my finger. When my fingers are closed and down, there's still room there. Enough so that if it were to sit up even just a hair taller I'd be able to have a bezeled five stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results