shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help me set my first CS purchase

dawn117

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm a newbie--enjoying lurking around and trying to learn. I made my first CS purchase this year--a preloved 2.26 ct (8.1 x 6.1 mm)tanzanite that had been precision re-cut by Jerry Newman in the "Cut Corner Rectangle by Wilf Ross" design. Have wanted a tanzanite for years and years and am so happy with my purchase. I'd love to get it set into a "special occasion" RHR. Here is a design I saved from somewhere (probably need to be better about keeping track of where my inspiration pics come from!). Could I get some recommendations of vendors to approach with this project? I have looked at the list of recommended vendors, but not sure if all are equally good when it comes to the type of work in this design and also in working with tanzanite. Thanks so much!!
possible_0.png

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is your budget? A ring like that is going to be pretty labor intensive and costly because of the large number of diamonds.

Also, traps are going to be hard to find and pretty expensive as well.

dawn117

Rough_Rock
Probably max would be $8-10k. I'd definitely be willing to give up the diamonds on the band too if that helps at all, but I do love the traps.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, that's a healthy budget, so I think it could potentially be doable. Would you be ok with working online or do you want to work with someone in person? What metal do you want?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It reminds me of a Tacori setting, which runs over $15K in platinum. I think it is doable for your budget of $10K. Let me look around to see if I can find the actual ring as it looks very familiar. I found many similar settings from several vendors but would not purchase it from unknown vendors, not knowing the workmanship and diamond quality.
http://www.tacori.com/engagement/ht2527ec85x65.html

dawn117

Rough_Rock
Thanks for helping me investigate!! Either platinum or white gold is fine with me--I was thinking platinum, but would be happy with wg in the interest of price.

dawn117

Rough_Rock
...oh, and I'd be fine working with an online vendor that comes with good PS recommendations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results