shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping on Black Fri, Small Business Sat or Cyber Monday?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never shopped on Black Friday. Cyber Monday is a possibility. Oh, and don't forget about Small Business Saturday. I like to support our local stores. Holiday season can make or break them.

DH got a wool mattress pad for us a few weeks ago and it's really nice. He loves it so much he wants to get a couple for family members. We're hoping they go on sale after Thanksgiving. http://www.fleecies.com/snugfleece.htm

Will you be shopping this Friday, Saturday or Monday? If so, are you on the hunt for anything in particular?

Any good stories about past experiences or deals? I'm especially intrigued by Black Friday shoppers.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Re: Shopping on Black Fri, Small Business Sat or Cyber Monda

No need to. For about the past 5 years, I've made an effort to shop early for the Holidays. I typically get about 95% of my Christmas shopping done before well before Thanksgiving, so it takes the pressure off. It's lovely to sit back, relax, and actually enjoy the Holidays:)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

DH and I are getting our first smart phones (yes, we're completely and totally behind the times) for Christmas this year, so we'll be hitting up Black Friday or Cyber Monday for those.

Otherwise...not really!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

No way. Cyber Monday maybe, but no on Thanksgiving weekend. Have always hated being kicked, gouged, bumped or knifed. Yesterday I tried to go to Costco. Impossible. Already. Cars flooding into the parking lot. Sat for 10 minutes behind somebody who waited for a woman to load her car, take back the cart, make sure the kids were buckled in, herself ditto, so he could have her space. Another moron blocked traffic waiting....for anyone to come out of the store so he could follow them to their car. I pictured eternal checkout lines & just gave up & left. Try next week, but not before then!

--- Laurie

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

mary poppins|1385504992|3563421 said:
I have never shopped on Black Friday. Cyber Monday is a possibility. Oh, and don't forget about Small Business Saturday. I like to support our local stores. Holiday season can make or break them.

DH got a wool mattress pad for us a few weeks ago and it's really nice. He loves it so much he wants to get a couple for family members. We're hoping they go on sale after Thanksgiving. http://www.fleecies.com/snugfleece.htm

Will you be shopping this Friday, Saturday or Monday? If so, are you on the hunt for anything in particular?

Any good stories about past experiences or deals? I'm especially intrigued by Black Friday shoppers.

We'll probably go to a movie on black friday. Last year, on Thanksgiving, we went to a movie and after we drove by Best Buy and people were camped out there overnight! It's around 40 degrees at night. NO WAY! If we do any shopping, it'll be online. Probably won't do any shopping because DH just came home with a new lap top. I don't want to deal with crowds...I bought two pairs of jeans today and got great deals on both of them...didn't need to wait until Friday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Never did Black Friday shopping and never ever will. Cyber Monday maybe if there are some good deals that appeal to me. I love internet shopping. It's so easy.

Unfortunately this Friday we have a shiva call to pay upstate about 2 hours from where we live and I am wondering if the traffic is going to be insane because we usually stay local the Friday after Thanksgiving.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm going to browse online on Thur night and Friday. Looking for any good deals on gifts I have in mind. Not willing to actually go to a store on Friday plus I'm working anyway. I scored a great deal on a pre black friday sale and bought Samsung Galaxy S4 for my mom. She's feeling peer pressure from her friends for not having a smart phone so I caved in and got the phone and data plan for a year :bigsmile:. Apparently flip phones are not cool for over 60 crowd. Looking forward to playing user support for a while :lol:. After that she's on her own.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

I do all my BF shopping online, already got the TV my SO wants and things to go along with it~

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

baby monster|1385518591|3563571 said:
I'm going to browse online on Thur night and Friday. Looking for any good deals on gifts I have in mind. Not willing to actually go to a store on Friday plus I'm working anyway. I scored a great deal on a pre black friday sale and bought Samsung Galaxy S4 for my mom. She's feeling peer pressure from her friends for not having a smart phone so I caved in and got the phone and data plan for a year :bigsmile:. Apparently flip phones are not cool for over 60 crowd. Looking forward to playing user support for a while :lol:. After that she's on her own.

baby monster, can I ask where you got the deal? That's the phone I'm looking to snag! (Hubs is getting a Galaxy Note 3, and we're not expecting any deals on it, so we're trying to get the best deal we can on my phone to make up for it!)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vc10um|1385559818|3563836 said:
baby monster|1385518591|3563571 said:

baby monster, can I ask where you got the deal? That's the phone I'm looking to snag! (Hubs is getting a Galaxy Note 3, and we're not expecting any deals on it, so we're trying to get the best deal we can on my phone to make up for it!)

Amazon. 50 bucks! With a verizon contract. HTH.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

mary poppins|1385504992|3563421 said:

I shop like a fiend all the time, but I will be looking to complete the last of my list this weekend.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I plan to do all of my shopping online. I am checking websites daily for deals and may purchase any time between now and Christmas, depending on what I see. I do not miss shopping in the stores at all during the holidays.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nah, nothing I really need or want. Plus I don't see any sales that are really jumping out at me.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am a small business owner so I will be hoping that my small business Saturday sale pays off! As a shopper it's probably cyber Monday for me.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Elliot86|1385585003|3564114 said:
I am a small business owner so I will be hoping that my small business Saturday sale pays off! As a shopper it's probably cyber Monday for me.

Me too Elliot! I'll be working all weekend, but in general I try to shop small!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

If I do go shopping offline, I will partake in the small business saturday part. But I usually do my shopping this weekend online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results