shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Untreated

Rubygrt

Rough_Rock
Guide me to buy this lot 1750 cts, the other pic may be sufficient to understand the quality.Pic are from the seller.

_11920.jpg

p1060001.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you buying for resale or personal use / enjoyment?
I don't know the price offered so it could be a good deal, fair or too expensive.
I don't know the size of each individual emerald but presume you must purchase the entire parcel, rather than choose selectively.

1. Depending on the price, treatment may or may not matter. Do you know if they are treated? If so, with what and how much treating? Are you skilled enough to be able to verify the level of enhancement yourself? As Ed mentioned, emeralds in a parcel are more likely to be treated than an individual emerald for sale.

2. I do not know the seller so I presume you know and trust the vendor enough that these stones are not synthetics?

3. Depending on the price, most people shy away from emeralds that have large black inclusions as those are distracting to the eye. In the larger picture, some of the emeralds have significant looking fractures and chips. Again, depending on the price, perhaps this is to be expected.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like Brazilian material.

Rubygrt

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply.I will receiving few stones to check the quality,once it is tested and confirmed then i am planing to proceed for the deal.
Asking price---8 usd per ct
Sizes-----------1 to 3ct
The vendor has assured that this is untreated.Let me post the stones individually.They are Zambian.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubygrt|1384447354|3556384 said:
Thanks for the reply.I will receiving few stones to check the quality,once it is tested and confirmed then i am planing to proceed for the deal.
Asking price---8 usd per ct
Sizes-----------1 to 3ct
The vendor has assured that this is untreated.Let me post the stones individually.They are Zambian.

A lot of them have dark spots, which really impedes the value. I would never take someone's word for treatment.

They're cheap enough though, must be commercial grade quality.

Rubygrt

Rough_Rock
I am waiting here to receive few pcs,let me show u the pics n comment.It is a mix lot...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Can you make the sale contingent on a full refund if they stones don't test as untreated?

Rubygrt

Rough_Rock
Let me test it,since i am yet to buy.....few stones are received from the vendor...if you want i can send it to u? have a look at the piucs....more over let me know kind of test can be done??????

_11971.jpg

dscn0007.jpg

dscn0011.jpg

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Even at untreated, they still have to be able to be sold. Untreated emerald, usually means ugly emerald unfortunately.

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jim Rentfrow|1384579070|3557484 said:
Even at untreated, they still have to be able to be sold. Untreated emerald, usually means ugly emerald unfortunately.

well said.

If I could get a penny for everytime somebody wants to sell me dirty bebbles only because they are untreated I'd buy myself a dinner.

Truly rare, a nice natural emerald. Happens but as rare as unheated top paraiba.

Rubygrt

Rough_Rock
Edward Bristol|1384681626|3557930 said:

well said.

If I could get a penny for everytime somebody wants to sell me dirty bebbles only because they are untreated I'd buy myself a dinner.

Truly rare, a nice natural emerald. Happens but as rare as unheated top paraiba.
It has happened to me many times,since i hv been working only on natural stones.Most of the time i find it very difficult to establish an untreated Ruby.

Rubygrt

Rough_Rock
pregcurious|1384572582|3557435 said:
Can you make the sale contingent on a full refund if they stones don't test as untreated?

Let me find out.....i will let u know.Check my new individual pics.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another agreement here. Just because a stone is untreated does not automatically mean it looks good. Most people would prefer a lightly treated clean and pretty looking emerald over an untreated "dirty" emerald.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results