shape
carat
color
clarity

I found this pretty vintage filigree ring while antiquing...

elsie

Shiny_Rock
So I went antique browsing recently, and I came upon this lovely filigree ring. It looked a little scruffy and I could barely tell there was a diamond in it, but I had been looking for a filigree ring forever and and this one looked in pretty good shape. It was labeled "1920s Art Deco" and has an 18K stamp on the inside (but no other hallmark). When I got home, I cleaned it up with a little hot water, a soft toothbrush, and dish soap and the diamond started sparkling like crazy! :love:

So... this ring was priced at ~$150, which seems a bit low for an 18K vintage ring with a diamond (although it is quite light, so probably the amount of gold is negligible)! I was wondering if any of you antique lovers could give me your thoughts on it (could it be a modern casting of an old ring?). I love it no matter what, so I won't mind if it turns out not to be an antique. Just curious to see if my instinct to purchase this was correct. ;))

By itself:

img_4428_0.jpg

img_4440.jpg

img_4439_2.jpg

img_4438_2.jpg

Next to my WG e-ring and w-ring:

img_4431.jpg

img_4443.jpg

Comments are appreciated! :tongue:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I found this pretty vintage filigree ring while antiquin

Shoot you found a gold deal. I was looking for low priced engagement rings for months for a relative, rings that quality were at least twice that.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

$150 incredibly well spent! I love art deco rings and that one is no exception. Amazing to me to think of what you got for your money compared to what $150 will buy new - which is just laughable!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great price, well done!!!

elsie

Shiny_Rock

Niel and arkieb1 -- thanks for your comments! The more I think about it, the happier I am I decided to buy it. :))

minousbijoux -- you are so right! I can just imagine the looks I'd get walking into a fancy jewelry store and asking to buy a diamond ring for $150... :cheeky:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Good find. I like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results