shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you carve a pumpkin..,

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's ours. Jack Skeleton from Nightmare Before Christmas!

_11458.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jack-o-lantern turned out great!

This year I did not even buy a pumpkin, but most years I do buy several and cut at least one - some years I even keep the seeds and roast my own pumpkin seeds - but my jack-o-lanterns are usually cut in this style:

jackolantern_-_download.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great looking pumpkin, Mayk. We didn't get one this year. When I have gotten them, I used to love baking the seeds and eating them.

We're watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown on t.v. right now. So cute every year even though I've seen it a bunch of times. Never gets old.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
MayK. Looks fab, have no pics of ours but def didn't look as good as that!! Love the nightmare before christmas, we were watching it tonight. Gotta love Halloween :appl: :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
No, but I'm doing this next year:

_11461.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah! I started, cleaned, and carved a bunch of pumpkins this year. We always host a pumpkin carving party, this year was our 4th annual. I digress. I love doing it, but after so many I am kind of over it. I like to leave our personal ones uncarved until the last minute. I made masks for OUR pumpkins so they don't rot til long after we feel like carving. My husband suggested I make matching masks for the little decorative gourds as well. I thought that was kind of a genius idea, so I did. I posted these pics over in Family/Home/Health already, but in the interest of this thread I'm going to repost. :bigsmile: Dear god, so many pumpkins. We did keep some seeds and roasted some. Others will end up being weeded out of our yard next summer. It was fun, though! Love our neighbors and all their kiddos.

_11462.jpg

_11463.jpg

dsc_0555.jpg

dsc_0404.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk and Monarch: those are awesome punkins! I love them when they are carved, but its a lot of work and I just don't have the patience for it! JaneSmith, love your idea for next year - some good pumpkin humor, that!

...and no, I did not carve this year. I decorated and then cheated and used a carved and lit plastic pumpkin. :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you guys did a great job... :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are so talented! We carved one but it was pretty basic (the kids do the work)!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DD painted a couple of smaller pumpkins, and we were planning to carve the larger one yesterday, but when we went to carve it, we discovered that about a third of the back section of it was rotten! It must have been bruised when we got it and we didn't realize until it was too late. So no carving for us this year. Bummer.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Great pumpkins!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch.. those are awesome!!! I love the masks.. I'm so doing that next year.

DH did ours and sweated the whole time! It's hard work!!! He was cussing my tool kit too. Note to self get a better carving set next year.

We are in a rental house this year so we were underwhelmed with decorating.. next year.. will be a blast.. and I'm going to have masked pumpkins!!!! :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1383333247|3548764 said:
Monarch.. those are awesome!!! I love the masks.. I'm so doing that next year.

DH did ours and sweated the whole time! It's hard work!!! He was cussing my tool kit too. Note to self get a better carving set next year.

We are in a rental house this year so we were underwhelmed with decorating.. next year.. will be a blast.. and I'm going to have masked pumpkins!!!! :appl:

Thanks, Mayk! It was fun. Tell your DH to use a dremel tool or a drill next year!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh those are GREAT!!! :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't carve the pumpkin, but I did cut the cheese. :o :knockout: :D

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful pumpkins!!! :appl: :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

We did Jack Skellington also and Oogie Boogie :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine. My son was Superman, so the pumpkin matches his costume... Last year he was Gandalf and I carved the inscription from the One Ring. It was awesome until the stupid squirrels got into it!!

superman_pumpkin.jpg

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
BF and I carved our first pumpkin this year, we had so much fun. Here's ours, Jack Skellington (or something along those lines...) :bigsmile:

_11486.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Jane Smith -- where did you find that hilarious pumpkin party day-after? How creative can you get!

They're all so great. Your son must have been nuts about the Superman pumpkin, Tuckins. Artistic job, too.

--- Laurie

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
My husband bought huge pumpkins to carve and I bought the cutest carving kit with black and orange stripes from a Target. We have teenage boys..with teenage friends...did they want to carve their pumpkins??? Not so much. What they did want to do was use their Katana swords and bow and arrows to annihilate the pumpkins. Which I let them do eventually. It was a pumpkin massacre here.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
makemepretty|1383489023|3549510 said:
My husband bought huge pumpkins to carve and I bought the cutest carving kit with black and orange stripes from a Target. We have teenage boys..with teenage friends...did they want to carve their pumpkins??? Not so much. What they did want to do was use their Katana swords and bow and arrows to annihilate the pumpkins. Which I let them do eventually. It was a pumpkin massacre here.

And it is ALL about the kids!!! That's awesome.. and since I called our pumpkin Jack Skeleton we all know that I didn't watch the movie.. my daughter loves those movies by Wes Craven (I think he does those flicks)... me no so much :-o She's watches them over and over.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results