shape
carat
color
clarity

MayK - We have you and your DD in our prayers!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yaaaaay, so happy to hear!!! hugs to you and your daughter! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good news, indeed! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: I know you must be so thrilled to have her home and to be home yourself!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well home now for 4 days. The first two were a little rough, but now we are getting into a routine and I've acquired some help during the day. She had her first great nights sleep on Monday and then a repeat on Tuesday. I still get up with her at midnight and 3:00 am for meds but she's not crying out in pain nearly as much. She had two Physical Therapy appointments this week. She will be going 3x a week for three months.

She can't sit too long and gets up to do laps in the house. :-o she's wearing a track in the floor. She also ventures out for a walk down the street. We went out tonight to eat for the first time. She came right home and went to bed... But she made it!

She should get a home bound teacher this week. All our paperwork is in... But for now she's doing the homework on the teachers' websites. We are slowly easing back into life... And excited about it!

As always hugs for all the support and well wishes!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the upate Mayk, and I'm really glad to hear things are slowly but surely getting back to normal...I know DD has a ways to go, and it is still tough, but sounds like she is continuing to slowly recover and feel just a bit better as the days pass, and I'm so glad for that. My heart goes out to her, she's been through a lot...and you have, too...hugs to all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1380155727|3527382 said:
She can't sit too long and gets up to do laps in the house. :-o she's wearing a track in the floor. She's also ventures out for a walk down the street. We went out tonight to eat for the first time. She came right home and went to bed... But she made it!
Good for her!.. :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad she is doing better Mayk! What a awful time you had with all of this! I hope you will be able to get a little rest now. Having had 2 kids in the hospital for serious things, I know how much it takes out of you. Please be careful with yourself and don't feel bad for just vegging when you can. It sounds like you are in for a busy few months ahead!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Realized I hadn't done an update in a while... DD when back to school this week 6 weeks post surgery. This past weekend we made it out to do some shopping and the beach. Physical Therapy wanted her walking in the lose sand... Tomorrow will be 7 weeks, it feels like a lifetime ago.

I'm still shaving her legs :shock: but she's doing a bunch of stuff on her own. The very best part is she has managed herself off the pain meds that were causing the bowel issues and she's sleeping through the night without meds which means we are all getting more rest. She's still tilted (her body) but with therapy this should correct itself. She's gained a little over 1/2 an inch in height finally reaching 5'. By 12/21 she will be done with Physical Therapy and her life which is now nearly pain free will finally start to return to normal. The pain from the tethered spinal cord is completely gone. :appl:

The scar is amazing.. I can't believe what a fabulous job the surgeon did..it's this really thin line. At the base a little more thickness but amazing.

Here's her first walk on the beach... (she needs a hair cut badly, it's on tap for this weekend).

As always.. thank you for the support... along this journey!!! We can see the end!!!

merisa_-_beach.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So very happy for your sweet daughter!!! Absolutely amazing what the surgery has done for her quality of life :))
You have been in my prayers. I hope all goes well moving forward and she is pain free.

I can imagine the stress and worry you and your DH felt. So glad to learn she is close to full recovery!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great picture!
she is a trooper!
and I think her hair is gorgeous just the way it is!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1382666595|3544140 said:
what a great picture!
she is a trooper!
and I think her hair is gorgeous just the way it is!

Oh just a trim... She wants to do locks of love..In the spring. The ends just look very tired....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk
That is great news... :appl:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
So very happy to read the awesome progress she is making!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MayK, congratulations to you and your precious daughter for getting so far. What a brave, strong girl, and a wonderful family. Best wishes and prayers for the road to complete recovery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results