shape
carat
color
clarity

Mums antique pendant / Brooch. OMC and rose cuts

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
this forum has been so quiet I thought it's about time something was happening here!

Mum bought this antique pendant / brooch to wear to my wedding. I have no stats on it at all! we had a verbal appraisal to confirm it was worth what she paid but I've forgotten all the details.

Photos to follow :)

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Having trouble uploading photos so might stick to 2 at a time :razz:

for reference my ring is a 3.5 M

_128.jpeg

_10877.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
PS is not letting me upload photos! keeps timing out. anyway I'll keep trying, might take a while.

For reference my OEC shamelessly sneaking into the photos is 3.5 ct M

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
better luck in firefox than in chrome!

the darker looking closeups are taken through my iphone macro lens so they suffer from big-black-iphone-syndrome or whatever the correct ps term is for that :razz:

image11.png

pendant3.jpeg

_10882.jpg

pendant7.jpeg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
last ones

pendant9.jpeg

pendant10.jpg

pendant8.jpg

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Swooooon!

anners11

Rough_Rock
This is gorgeous! I love the color of the gold. Is she going to wear it as a pendant or a brooch?

And your OEC is just amazing!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks mico and anners :)

the front of the pendant is an antiquey looking white metal probably white gold, only the back is yellow gold. she will where it as a pendant.

interestingly the bale detaches and the loop it attaches to is hinged to fold down to convert it into a brooch. if that makes sense. you can see this on the photo of the back

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
hippi_pixi said:
Thanks mico and anners :)

the front of the pendant is an antiquey looking white metal probably white gold, only the back is yellow gold. she will where it as a pendant.

interestingly the bale detaches and the loop it attaches to is hinged to fold down to convert it into a brooch. if that makes sense. you can see this on the photo of the back

Very cool! It looks Georgian or Victorian to me, which would probably make it gold topped with silver (hard white metals didn't come around until the Edwardian era, more or less). Could I ask, does the back of the main stone look like it's threaded for a screw-fitting? It could also be part of a tiara or corsage ornament - they sure did love their convertible pieces! Whatever it is, it's gorgeous - and what a great heirloom, having been bought for such an occasion. ;-)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Double post - apologies!

Diamondless

Rough_Rock
Oh god :love: :love: :love: :love: That is AMAZING!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous piece which can do double duty as either a pendant or brooch. I am so envious. :love:

anners11

Rough_Rock
I think it's so cool that the bale detaches and folds down. It's like a diamond transformer!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow! That must be such a sparkler! So cool that your Mom bought it to wear to your wedding. Lovely! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an amazing piece to commemorate such a special day! It's gorgeous!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
That is so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Your OEC is stuuning as well :love:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Love the closeup showing all those gorgeous facets!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My jaw just hit my desk!!!! I'm in love!!!! Another vote for victorian era! Just stunning ....more pictures! Must see more. Can you take a photo of it worn as a necklace??? Oh my goodness that is truly a one of a kind piece! I'm envious!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pendant and brooch, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow that's amazing!!!

I'm totally taking notes for when my kids get married. The oldest is 4 so I have some time. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1382471729|3542475 said:
Wow that's amazing!!!

I'm totally taking notes for when my kids get married. The oldest is 4 so I have some time. :)

OMG I love it hippi- it's so beautiful!!! :love:

Rosebloom-your kids are very lucky!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Thankyou for all of your lovely comments! It's so fun to get jewel of the week too.

I'll try and get some real life perspective shots next time i see it and check whats happening behind that main stone cos now that circe mentions it, it does like like a screw join.

It's a lovely piece to keep in the family

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results