shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you be upset if...

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
he hired a proposal company to plan the proposal? I am recently talking to a few dudes who want to propose, and I said, hey! If you have no ideas and can afford it, try these companies out! And I sent them the links to a few.

Then I thought about it.. some girls would HATE the proposal not being originally the guy's idea or whatever… right? Anyway.. would you be upset?

Reference:
http://www.theheartbandits.com
http://www.theproposalgirl.com

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
TBH, for me personally it would certainly be weird.
But then again I think that it's the thought behind the proposal that makes "romance", not the actual series of events. And for me personally a "boring" candlelit dinner proposal would be indefinitely more romantic than some well-planned by a third party happening that involves fireworks, hot air balloons and a photographer hiding in the bushes. :)

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
By the way for some reason I am SO surprised that this exists! I mean, from a rational standpoint it's perfectly normal - we have regular event planners, and wedding planners, and all other types of planners, but it somehow never occurred to me that there are also proposal planners.
You learn something new every day. :)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I don't HATE the idea, but I don't love it, either.

For me, it's only because he's making me do all the work finding a ring, and if he hired one of those companies, I'd think he's quite the lazy SOB. I just know he's not the kind of guy to plan things out ahead of time. He's very spontaneous; our two vacations were horribly planned last minute to the point that all of our expenditures were put on a credit card. For once, I WISH he'd freaking plan something! :angryfire:

So, I guess I wouldn't be a fan of it. Though if that's how things went down, I guess I'd have to accept it for what it is.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be a little disappointed rather than upset. I'd prefer something more heartfelt and personally devised. If he couldn't think of something on his own and didn't want to just be spontaneous, I'd rather he search the internet or ask his friends for ideas. A simple search for "proposal ideas" results in many lists from a variety of sources. PSer's have even helped soon-to-be proposers who post on PS with ideas or requesting ideas.

In addition, with all of the expenses associated with getting married, why unnecessarily add another? Unless, of course, one has gobs of money. Even so, see first paragraph.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan of this either. Everything today is so orchestrated and I don't know, almost robotic. I want a proposal that is from the heart and sincere in action/words. Not one that has been planned by professionals. But I guess if the guy's heart is in the right place I wouldn't say no if I loved him and wanted to marry him but it certainly isn't my cup of tea. Just be real and heartfelt. That's all any girl in love really wants in a proposal. At least this girl.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
missy|1378940743|3518984 said:
Not a fan of this either. Everything today is so orchestrated and I don't know, almost robotic. I want a proposal that is from the heart and sincere in action/words. Not one that has been planned by professionals. But I guess if the guy's heart is in the right place I wouldn't say no if I loved him and wanted to marry him but it certainly isn't my cup of tea. Just be real and heartfelt. That's all any girl in love really wants in a proposal. At least this girl.

Ditto on everything being so orchestrated.... and robotic.

I would want something sincere and which is really planned by my SO - as simple or elaborate as it maybe. I got the most simplest of proposals ever and it was perfect and very much represented what my SO is all about. :0)

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I'm actually in a different boat. I like the idea a lot.
Not all people are so creative but want to make a memorable proposal. It's a sweet idea and I'm all for it. I've had a million proposal scenarios in my mind over the years, but I don't think guys particularly think the same way! Some women would prefer that to a super casual proposal. At the end of the day, you're engaged regardless. I don't think its cold. However, If the person had a history of being super creative and then purchased a proposal idea out of laziness/lack of desire, that's a different story.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I can see both sides of this one.

I don't think I would've liked it for *my* proposal because I don't think it would've represented my DH (or me) very well.

But for some people, an over-the-top proposal, or even just one that takes a lot of coordination is just what the doctor ordered, and if he's not the type to be able to handle that very well, it might be a great idea to have a professional around! Frankly, I might refer someone to a service like this if they, for example, wanted to hire a secret photographer. If they're anything like my DH, they know nothing about what makes a good photographer, nor do they know what a good price is for services. So I'd hire someone to call around to people in a particular price range to check availability and provide portfolios, along with suggestions of proposal locations that afford an appropriate amount of "cover". So they wouldn't be planning the proposal, per se, just helping with logistics..

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think I would definitely be disappointed. I don't expect a big production from SO, and if that's what happened, I would be very surprised as that isn't his personality and I feel like that type of proposal wouldn't truly represent him.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
wakingdreams53|1379093276|3520185 said:
I'm actually in a different boat. I like the idea a lot.
Not all people are so creative but want to make a memorable proposal. It's a sweet idea and I'm all for it. I've had a million proposal scenarios in my mind over the years, but I don't think guys particularly think the same way! Some women would prefer that to a super casual proposal. At the end of the day, you're engaged regardless. I don't think its cold. However, If the person had a history of being super creative and then purchased a proposal idea out of laziness/lack of desire, that's a different story.

But isn't the proposal itself memorable or is there a risk that one of them will forget about it if it isn't a big production?

But I am not a fan of big, over the top proposals. It is a question (almost always symbolic) not a Broadway musical.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. My boy doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. He got me a blanket for our first Christmas.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results