shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this OMC

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for an antique diamond to put into the JbEG Julia setting, and I think I want an OEC or OMC. Originally I thought an antique cushion because they're gorgeous, but I think a round in that setting is a bit more timeless (which is the look I'm going for). I found this OMC on JbEG and am really drawn to it, but I don't know if its a "good" stone or if I should keep looking. Can you give me your thoughts?

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...ld-Mine-Cut-Diamond/28570445_HHmSp5#!p=1&n=10

Thank you so much.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to point out one discrepancy. It is referred to as an Old Mine Cut, but the egl report refers to it as an Old European Cut.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I saw that too and my guess is that they're calling it an OMC because the facets are chunky and pretty rustic - more like an OMC, but it's almost round so that makes it more like an OEC. But I'm guessing and could be totally wrong.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like a classic OMC to me, very bubbly with kozibe. I like the look of it, but I'd be worried about darkness in the center, especially in a ring. But maybe it's just reflecting the black camera, and quite fun and lively IRL.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
GemFever|1374083397|3484853 said:
It looks like a classic OMC to me, very bubbly with kozibe. I like the look of it, but I'd be worried about darkness in the center, especially in a ring. But maybe it's just reflecting the black camera, and quite fun and lively IRL.

Erica assured me that there's no darkness, but that what looks dark is the camera reflected in the diamond. She's going to do a video of it for me, I'll share it when it's up.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The faceting looks more OMC to me as well. It has too much kozibe for me so I guess I'm not much of a fan :(

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
There are a couple of videos and some more pictures of this great OMC up on the original link. Anyone have any thoughts on it after viewing the videos?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I have; :love: :love: . Not perfect cut, but :love: :love: I totally understand You. Snap it if You can, I can't :((

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Confection10|1375304334|3493990 said:
Yes, I have; :love: :love: . Not perfect cut, but :love: :love: I totally understand You. Snap it if You can, I can't :((

I adore that stone. I figured it wasn't perfect, but that's part of the charm for me. I just love the light reflection. I'm trying to convince the SO that it's perfect and a great price for the size. I think set in the Julia setting it would be TDF... :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My 3-stone om cushion ring from JbEG has diamonds which are far away from perfect cut but they sparkles like mad anyway. Grace and Erica trusts their eyes, not only papers :D

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen a very similar smaller stone and it was a firecracker in real life!!!! I love this one, love the chunky bubbly faceting and small table, deep bottom combo which gives max fire and sparkle!!!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! I appreciate your input.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP: did you end up getting the stone? :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results