shape
carat
color
clarity

Morganite Ring and Pendant in Rose Gold

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone! :wavey:

I just received my first Daniel M designed pieces that have inspired me to come out of lurking and to share, hope you like it! The morganites are from several of the recommended precision cutters and are 2.5 and 13.4 carats.

MorganiteRingRose4Small.jpg MorganiteRingrose1Small.jpg MorganiteRingRose2Small.jpg MorganiteRingRose3Small.jpg MorganiteRosePendantSmall1.jpg MorganitePendantRose2Small.jpg

The ring facets are inspired from the Octavia, and the pendant is a cut corner rectangle, I believe inspired by Wolf Ross. These are for a very special person in my life. I'm still learning on how to photograph everything - a special thank you to Kenny for the guides and tips! Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you to everyone that I have met from Preloved, LT, and DB. I have been a daily reader and the knowledge :read: gained from this wonderful community has been absolutely tremendous. A sincere thank you to the entire PS community! =)

RTFrog

Edited to resize images

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The ring is stunning and delicate all in one. Your photos are unbelievably good! I love them! Please keep taking photos, those are so impressive!

May I ask who cut your stones, particularly the ring stone? Congratulations!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Can you take some pics wearing them? I imagine they look great on.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hi Minousbijoux
Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it. I have read many of yours posts, especially in the colored stones forum. It's a pleasure to finally be able to interact. As far as the name, at the time in January/February, the faceter requested to be anonymous, but I have emailed him and asked if that has changed now. I have a couple other stones that I commissioned from him, all in the same shape. I'll be glad to take a couple pictures. They are all beryls, 2 more morganite and an aqua and are unset. The pattern turned out beautifully for the ring!

Hi Kgizo,
I will be glad to take some once I give them to her! They are a special present for early next month. If she lets me, I will be glad to take shots with them on. The ring will only fit to the top knuckle of my furry pinky, and I don't think Pricescope wants to see that :cheeky:

RTFrog

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Even on a furry pinky, that ring would be a stunner! Terrific job you did, finding the stones & getting them set. Congratulations -- you are a great learner, if this is your first project. Not to mention an excellent photographer.

She will go nuts for them, I guarantee. Thanks for showing them & I'm hoping for pictures of them on, too. :love:

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! The morganite and RG is a favourite combination of mine as well - I "had" a pear morganite in a RG halo that my DD confiscated!! - but nothing at all as gorgeous as this beautiful set you have!! WOW!!! Both items are stunning and the cutter did an amazing job on the stones!!

I sure hope he'll come out of hiding because I could really be tempted to get one for myself!!

I hope your special person is just as thrilled with the new pieces as we all are!! Do come back and share... even on the furry pinky, if necessary!! :bigsmile:

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Just a quick post to be edited - taking pictures inside is much harder!

Here's the trio of unset stones. I used a black background to showcase the facets.

AsscherTrioTest.jpg

Thank you JewelFreak - I'll try the pinky picture later. Just learning, first complete project from scratch - beautiful stones kinda make the photos easy.

Thank you Enerchi!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, those photos are phenomenal! You have done Kenny proud I'm sure - hopefully, he'll be along soon to tell you so himself. :appl:

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Yum! I especially love that ring.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Ok, here's the stone update with additional pictures. Hope they are ok. Each one is eye clean, but the imperfections really show up on here. The faceting is beautiful, and it made it a pleasure to capture their essence in pictures. The images are pretty much unedited, with a slight tweak to show more definition. I'll try to use more processing in the future based on comments, so please let me know what needs to be changed or tweaked. This was my first complete project from rough selection all the way through setting design, and posting here! I've learned a lot from every one here and genuinely appreciate it. If there's any interest, I can post more details about the other stones and rings and their story/journey behind them. I want to be able to contribute something back to this wonderful community if possible.

AsscherQuadRingBack1.jpg

AsscherQuad3.jpg AsscherQuad1.jpg AsscherTrio1.jpg AsscherTrio5.jpg AsscherTrio4.jpg AsscherTrio9.jpg AsscherTrio6.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM!! I want all your pink stones!! They are all so beautiful and your photography is amazing!! congratulations on such a lovely photo shoot!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty set!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers! :love: :love: That set is to-sie-for. Great combo - pink stone & RG. Also hanging out to know who the cutter is on this project...

(Was wondering if Octavia cut is trademarked? Have not seen it cut by any others before?)

Congrats on your set - I have no doubt she will love them. :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a "first-timer", you did very, very well! What a beautiful set, and great pics! :appl: :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oh my, what lovely jewels you have. I don't think I saw it but who cut the stones? Do you mind naming who cut which stone as they are from different lapidaries?

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Minousbijoux - thank you again!

Venti25 - I'm glad you like the ring, thank you!

Enerchi - Thank you again!

Pregcurious - Thank you!

HotPozzum - He calls it his improved asscher cut, and I believe he was doing it before Octavia - just reminds me of it. Thank you!

NKOTB - I went through many stones and experiments before finding this set and combo. I lucked out with everyone here and the past year of avid reading. Thank you!

Chrono: Thank you!

Just got an email back from the Asscher lapidary - he is Matt Dunkle! I saw some of his work with the Green Gem Foundation then I bought the Aqua by chance, and then commissioned the suite of morganites. He was absolutely wonderful to work with. From the rough selection all the way through, I found the best way to communicate was directly through email. He's a team with his wife CJ. Wonderful people.

The rectangular Morganite is Jerry Newman. Everyone knows Jerry is spectacular. Again, remarkable faceting on that pendant.

I'll post another thread with more projects.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Pictures - Matt Dunkle - Daniel M, Asschers

Hi Everyone,

Here's a few more shots so you can see the ring other stones and things more clearly.

Different Choices
ColorFullAsschers.jpg

Back to these:

BigMorg.jpg
SmallMorg.jpg MorgAqua2.jpg MorgAqua.jpg MattDunkleTrio3.jpg MattDunkleTrio2.jpg MattDunkleTrio.jpg DoubleMorgs.jpg ExcuseTheFur2.jpg ExcuseTheFur1.jpg MorgMacroZ.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow....RTFrog should consider renaming himself as Mr. Asscher / square step cut on PS, given all the beauties he owns.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results