shape
carat
color
clarity

Help designing stackable ring set (spinel, peridot, garnet)

Monpetitbijoux

Rough_Rock
Trade

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Re: Help designing stackable ring set (spinel, peridot, garn

I think they'll look great together. My only concern is that the 3 of them together will take up a lot of space on your finger, so if you have a tiny ring size, they may overpower you. Just food for thought.

For stackers, I prefer simple bezel settings like the One Garnet Girl ones - but wow, that's pricey! The twig bands may not sit flush together. I also like this type of band:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/111659984/on-sale-rose-cut-deep-red-diamond-pear?ref=shop_home_active

To save money, you could do silver bands and 18k bezel heads. Just make sure you go to someone skilled enough to bezel your Tanga garnet and show that gorgeous shape instead of just turning it round. I think I see finer work in the Janish Jewels pieces in general, and I know someone in real life who has had a bezel done by Jill, and it's fantastic. In fact, I want to send her some stuff soon! But people here tend to be pretty happy with One Garnet Girl too.

Sally at Heart of Water is another fantastic option if you're OK with sending your gems to Thailand. I've worked with several of the Etsy artisans that are popular here (Daniel M, JKT, Kyle Anne Metals, but not the ones you linked to, though), and her master goldsmith does a better bezel than any of them. This is one example of her stackers, and it could probably be modified to make the band wider if you like: http://www.etsy.com/listing/3904894...ng?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=stack

Monpetitbijoux

Rough_Rock
Trade

Thanks for the ideas jstar!! Huge help!- I was also concerned about the three and whether they would be too much on my finger - I think I agree with you - another option is to do the peridot and spinel as stackers (I also like the rope band you sent the link to) and set the tanga garnet separately.

Another idea : I recently purchased this mint tourmaline set by mod metal (etsy) from pakrat, I could set the tanga garnet in this type of style instead...
http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-colored-stone-center/mint-barry-tourmaline-ring

Monpetitbijoux

Rough_Rock
Trade

Ohh I love that set Pregcurious!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

I love that last set too. The bezels are nicely thin but show enough metal to be really pretty. Might do well, keeping them from taking up too much area on your finger, since the stones are fairly good sized. Of course, anything Sally makes is wonderful too. Rose gold would look just great with all those stones.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Pomellato has beautiful stack rings to use for inspiration:
http://www.pomellato.com/en

Monpetitbijoux

Rough_Rock
Trade

Thanks again Pregcurious - that is a beautiful sugarloaf set - great inspiration! This is a huge help for me in figuring out what I want to do :D

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

No problem. One more thing to consider: you will probably need spacer bands as in Burberrygirl's set. Large stones are hard to stack well without them, so just leave room in your budget.

Monpetitbijoux

Rough_Rock
Trade

Waiting for a quote - will let you know how it is turning out

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results