shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique fun

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I've been lurking around these parts for a while, and finally got a few good pics of my antique finds. First up is what I believe is an OMC in rose gold. It was listed on ebay as "rose cut", which it is not, and 3/4ct, but it measures closer to 1ct (I haven't removed it from the mounting yet). The seller didn't claim a color for it, my best guess is around J/K. It looks on the shallow side and has some flaws, but no chips and the price was awesome. I love it wonky-ness and all.

dscn1746.jpg

dscn1753.jpg

dscn1748.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I just got this pretty little addition in the mail, a 10kt white gold bracelet. There's a tiny diamond in the middle, and the green stones are likely glass. I had been on the hunt for a brooch to convert to a bracelet, but found this instead. It's on the short side, which is perfect for my boney wrist.

dscn1758.jpg

dscn1756.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
And this ring I found on Ruby Lane. It's a bit, hmm, different. The seller called it rose gold, but it looks like yellow to me. No markings but it tests as at least 14kt, it's been re-shanked at some point but doesn't show too much wear on the gold. The stones are sapphire, but silky and a couple have chips. They also appear to have been cut by a dull blade in the dark. I'm not sure what era this would date to?

dscn1764.jpg

dscn1765.jpg

_10061.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful bracelet! It's got presence but is so delicate.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice finds Mustang Gal! You have quite the eye for finding amazing pieces!! I love all three pieces! Could we get a handshot of the sapphire ring? Are they maybe rose cut?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What great finds!! The OMC is especially charming!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness amazing finds!! I'm torn between the braclet and the sapphire ring. Both are beautiful!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1379505084|3522792 said:
Nice finds Mustang Gal! You have quite the eye for finding amazing pieces!! I love all three pieces! Could we get a handshot of the sapphire ring? Are they maybe rose cut?

I'll have to load one later, I took a couple on the hand. It's larger than most of my jewelry, but kinda fun. The center sapphire is a cab, but the others are more along the lines of single cuts. They're just wonky, some chipped, and 1 stone was replaced at some point with a cleaner diamond cut sapphire. The poor thing looks completely out of place.

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results