shape
carat
color
clarity

My new gateway diamond :)

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
My offer was accepted on this stone on eBay! I won't get it until next week, but I was excited to share. Here are the stats:

OEC
.93 carat
VS1/I-J
6.1mm x 6.17mm x3.99mm

I love the chunky facets! Can't wait to get it put into my setting (which is dated 5/21/23!).

Thanks for looking :)

_7730.jpg

_7731.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow lisa, that looks like a beautiful stone! Pretty faceting, and looks so lively and bright - Please post pics when you get it!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I recognize that stone! Can't wait to see it in a vintage setting. Please post pics :love:

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
heraanderson|1372824820|3476387 said:
I recognize that stone! Can't wait to see it in a vintage setting. Please post pics :love:

I thought one or two people here might recognize it :) I was one of 4 offers on it. I will definitely post pics when I get it set!

Diamondless

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond!! Congrats :D

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Can't wait to see your photos when you get it :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you love it, I was watching it and almost made an offer. Congratulations, post lots of photos.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats really beautiful! Congrats!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Can't wait to see pics of it!

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
It's here! It's here! Oh my gosh, it's so pretty :) I think it's the prettiest thing I have (well, besides my two little girls - ha!). The flower pattern on the inside is really distinct. I don't think I could get better pics than the ones I post in the original post, but I thought I would share the setting with you.

I was going to go with a vintage setting that I already have, but just don't think it's the right one for the stone. I'm having one made via a seller on etsy. It will look like this in platinum, and obviously with my beautiful new stone instead of the lavender sapphire! (the seller is PristineJewelry and they have been fantastic to work with.)

Hopefully it will be here in about two weeks and then I can take it in to have it set. I will definitely post pics when it's done.

I am SO happy that I found this site and got educated so well to find something I really love :)

platsetting1.jpg

platsetting2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful OEC and I love your setting choice as well - very excited to see it in 2 weeks time! Congrats on being the lucky winner of the diamond!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting you chose is really pretty!! I love it, Looking forward to seeing your completed ring :appl:

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
FINALLY! My ring is done! The setting ended up being sort of a long story. Instead of boring you, I will just say that I did not go with the one I was going to use and ended up with one from JbEG instead. The reason I changed settings had NOTHING to do with the original etsy place I referenced; they were great.

With no further ado, here is my finished product:

.93 ct
VS1/J
OEC
I wear a size 7

I love love LOVE it! :) I'm not as good as photographing these are some of you are, but hopefully you get the idea!

And a few hand shots with my stack. The ER is 1930's and the two bands are 1920's.

Thanks so much to everyone!! Without this site I don't think I would have found what I truly love :)

img_4497.jpg

img_4499.jpg

img_4505.jpg

img_4511.jpg

georgethompson9

Rough_Rock
The diamond is too beautiful and amazing. I really love diamond jewelry. All the diamond rings design are also good. Can you please suggest me some 1 or 2 nice jewelry shop in California. I want to buy diamond ring for my daughter for her birthday.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! That looks like a perfect transitional cut. Congrats on your completed ring!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful! :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous! You should make a SMTB thread with more pictures :appl:
I much prefer this setting > the etsy setting you were going to get!! Wear it in health~

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful!!! :love: gorgeous stone with such pretty faceting, and the setting is perfect! I love it with the bands, looks lovely on your hand! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I really prefer the setting it is sitting in now, as opposed to the etsy one you first showed us. Maybe whatever happened, happened for the best!

Enjoy - its GORGEOUS with your stack of bands!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
This diamond's faceting is to die for! So glad you went with the JbEG setting. So very tasteful and gorgeous and perfect and...just a perfect match for that diamond :wink2: Enjoy and congrats on your find!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's perfect, and I love it in that stack!! Nicely done!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I love that setting - it is fantastic! And that diamond is a true beauty!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love all three rings- they go so well together!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
that is a beautiful setting! was it made by pristine jewelry?

on a tangent, i was going to use them to set a stone for me (stone also from them), but they stop replying emails about midway through the process when I actually decided to buy the stone. it was maddening and worrying for a bit, then I gave up on them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results